rev vs xp... for real.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh well i never sit down...... i have a total of 12" rise on my bars...

siting down and riding feels like a chopper..... i never sit.... oh ya sitting is trail riding and well i ride the big mountains...

Bring out your Rev 151 and my XP 163 Buffalo will stomp all over you and your rev. The XP chasis is way more nimble and climbing the XP is awsome.JMO:d:beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bring out your Rev 151 and my XP 163 Buffalo will stomp all over you and your rev. The XP chasis is way more nimble and climbing the XP is awsome.JMO:d:beer:

well lets do apples to apples....... i seem to recall saying that a straight climb was good..... so u get a 154 xp 08-09 buffalo and i will meet ya with my 07 and spank ya all day..... sorry about your luck

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:d the worst part is the moment you realize that you aren't gonna miss it.

Dont look at the tree!! Every time I look at the tree I end up going RIGHT for it!!! We definately did some tree trimming yesterday lol:d Those bstrds just jump right out in front of ya!:eek:

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well lets do apples to apples....... i seem to recall saying that a straight climb was good..... so u get a 154 xp 08-09 buffalo and i will meet ya with my 07 and spank ya all day..... sorry about your luck

It wouldn't happen on the trail or on the hill your dreaming. Don't be sorry about my luck I'm on an XP be sorry your not on an XP.:ramsfan_small: :d There's a reason they quit making them and went to the XP platform survey says cause its better.:d

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't happen on the trail or on the hill your dreaming. Don't be sorry about my luck I'm on an XP be sorry your not on an XP.:ramsfan_small: :d There's a reason they quit making them and went to the XP platform survey says cause its better.:d

well brp needs to make money some how, the xp's are too light = weak in the front end..... they suck to work on..... and sorry but i will never own one....

oh ya just to let ya know both the rev and the xp's were made for trail sleds, then adapted them for mountain sleds.......

the rev just turned out better for the mountain's in the end.....

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well brp needs to make money some how, the xp's are too light = weak in the front end..... they suck to work on..... and sorry but i will never own one....

oh ya just to let ya know both the rev and the xp's were made for trail sleds, then adapted them for mountain sleds.......

the rev just turned out better for the mountain's in the end.....

Clearly you are missinformed the XP was a mountian sled from inception. I will be in the Fernie Coal Creek stage area Sat morning 8:30 am. Good trail run and lots areas to pull. BRP needed to make money some how? Yeah they created an industry changing chasis years ahead of everyone else. What sled do you see most in the hills XP it's for a reason. It takes a couple days to get used to the platform but once you've done it you'll never go back.:d:beer:

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am agreeing to dis-agree with tex. You prefer the rev, which is good for you! Thats what this sport is all about! Finding what YOU like to ride!
Just dont bash xps TOO hard cause a LOT of people on here ride them, and love them!
If your sledding the radium area let me know and ill show ya what an xp should run like!:d:p:d

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
xps? don't ya mean xrs?

not bashin the xrs just the track.....

everyone has a opinion which is fine.....

oh ya not a hole bunch of mountain ridin down there...... but lots of trails [ fernie - crowsnest..... u should go to like middle b/c where its at man

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
News for ya there is no good ported track.:d

huh so y does everyone want the powder light track with the real small holes in it.... i have had people want to buy my track right off my sled cause its the best stock track and u can't find one to buy

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am agreeing to dis-agree with tex. You prefer the rev, which is good for you! Thats what this sport is all about! Finding what YOU like to ride!
Just dont bash xps TOO hard cause a LOT of people on here ride them, and love them!
If your sledding the radium area let me know and ill show ya what an xp should run like!:d:p:d

Lets see if Tex bites I see 2 invites. This is whats going to happen to Tex he's the guy to the left.:kickass: :rolling::headbanger::d:beer:

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
News for ya there is no good ported track.:d

I think I know the one he is talking about. My old man has it on his 06x. Hasnt slowed that sled down AT ALL! Tough track too, ridden that sled hard every year and there is maybe the odd lug with a chunk broken off!
The ports on it look to be about 1/4 the size of the crappy xp ported track. The 2.3 lug makes a good difference too.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh so y does everyone want the powder light track with the real small holes in it.... i have had people want to buy my track right off my sled cause its the best stock track and u can't find one to buy

Non ported the way to go. But hey enough bashin you got 2 invites put your rev where your mouth is.:d:beer:

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
xps? don't ya mean xrs?

not bashin the xrs just the track.....

everyone has a opinion which is fine.....

oh ya not a hole bunch of mountain ridin down there...... but lots of trails [ fernie - crowsnest..... u should go to like middle b/c where its at man

no I mean xps...ya know the topic of this thread...:confused::confused:
not a whole bunch of mountain riding here...? your KIDDING right?:confused::confused:
Never been to Radium/Golden area before? They are small towns that are IN the mountains...they rival revy for pow and have some of the STEEPEST terrain you can get.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm not scared by the odd horror story, there's those stories for every sled out there. not dissing your bud's but i think with proper maintenance it'll last more than long enough.

that's the main reason i'm looking at upgrading, i'll just be sad to see her go :(

You got it figured out now. If Maxwell agrees your on the right track. Good luck with your new to you XP.:d:beer:

Top Bottom