rev vs xp... for real.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 6000 miles on my '06 and have nearly taken the plunge on an xp numerous times. Especially last year with the etec i thought that was going to be the answer and having to do the motor on my 06 i held off. I ride with lots of xp's both modded and stock my 06 has a stock motor, geared down, cluched and a few other odds and ends. The xp chassis is a power sponge, that secondary way up in the chassis makes it way harder to ride except on the trail. I have yet to see an xp go better than my 06 and have embarrased MANY xp's. XP's have gained 10 lbs per year since 08 and are within 10 lbs of where they were in '07 what does that tell you? I recently bought a pro rmk and it is the best sled i have ever ridden, i am sooo glad i didt buy an etec, i will keep the 06 for a spare. But every xp owner will tell you they are the greatest.

LOL

and every rev owner will tell you they are the greatest.

ps did you not read the first post? no one cares about your pro.

pss. there is something wrong with your buddies xp should get that checked out before the next trip forsure

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well one's gone thanks to a nice tree limb, gotta stop watching slednecks.

thanks for the input everyone, i think i have a new sled to shop for :d

lol,, when I first read it,, I thought one sled gone lol,,, that happens too,, well to me it does....

rev crunch.jpg

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol, any chance the xp bumpers are stronger? i grew up around loggers, seems to have rubbed off on me a little. :rolleyes:

mine is nice and snugged up against the plastic so NO they are not stronger dang it,,,

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
:nono: i'm sticking with doo's. good to hear your not scrappin the 06. i tried poo once, and now i'm stuck with it tore apart in the shop. not impressed. :d

I just sold my 2000 700 RMK, and have ridden a 07 700 RMK(Jeepchic's) What a sweet sled. A year prior, I rode an 08 600 RMK(for a week). I would consider another Poo. I was quite impressed from being a Doo man, prior to my 2000.
But....... I am quite happy to have my azz(so to speak) on a Doo Again :beer: :beer: :d

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no they are not stronger. but replacable without replacing the belly pan which is nice

actualy Im gonna say the bumper is actualy weaker I think??? you agree??

,,, but at least maybe it will bend instead of all going threw bulkhead,,,

spitfire340

Reaction score
Glad you like your xp Maxwell, i am sure from your posts that you would never consider anything else and that makes my point perfectly, no need to get deffensive!:d

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just sold my 2000 700 RMK, and have ridden a 07 700 RMK(Jeepchic's) What a sweet sled. A year prior, I rode an 08 600 RMK(for a week). I would consider another Poo. I was quite impressed from being a Doo man, prior to my 2000.
But....... I am quite happy to have my azz(so to speak) on a Doo Again :beer: :beer: :d

all of the neighbours ride poo's i just disliked everything about the iq chasis, the prior models were good for the times. BUT we have always owned doo's i find them a lot simpler to do regular maintenance. so i'm more than happy to stay on a doo. :)

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actualy Im gonna say the bumper is actualy weaker I think??? you agree??

,,, but at least maybe it will bend instead of all going threw bulkhead,,,

i find, with my rev anywho, if you're in line for a tree, bar it, pack the ski's and hope you're belly pan is stronger than you're bumper :d doesn't work for the larger trees mind you...

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
xp bumper is weaker forsure....just easier to replace haha.

stop hittn stuff!

Im always hitting stuff,,, if there are no odds of carnage i usualy dont take that route,, fack i thought you get smarter with age but its way too fun....
\

first day out on xp,, I tear my seat to crap rolling in the trees,,,

third day out I tag a tree just enough to crease bumper,,, and somehow rip belly pan off

4th day out bumper is tight to plastic,,,

5th day priceless

I love sleding

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
over the years i have owned all brands they all have there pros and cons mechines are mass porduced and so are there problems but at the end of the day it is all personal opinon for me i will go for a e tec in the next few years i find they handle better and can handle it better in the tight . i have only owned this sled since x mas and find im not as beat up at the end of the day, but i have already rebuild the top and re greased the bottom this year ( thanks for the help maxwell) still glad i got this sled seems to make me a better rider i was going to go for a t nytro but after a few miles on my xp not so shure anymore

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL

and every rev owner will tell you they are the greatest.

ps did you not read the first post? no one cares about your pro.

pss. there is something wrong with your buddies xp should get that checked out before the next trip forsure

ooooh! a Ski Doo circle jerk, don't get pulled to the "Dark Side":nono:
Wanna hear about my Pro?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ooooh! a Ski Doo circle jerk, don't get pulled to the "Dark Side":nono:
Wanna hear about my Pro?

no i dont...ridden it...seen it work...not interested. thx

just restating the origional posters comments.

DONT CARE ABOUT OTHER BRANDS

he is trying to compare rev and xp

ever owned one and have an opinion?

plz share

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no i dont...ridden it...seen it work...not interested. thx

just restating the origional posters comments.

DONT CARE ABOUT OTHER BRANDS

he is trying to compare rev and xp

ever owned one and have an opinion?

plz share

and that sal guy said doo guys were flatheaded azzholes... :confused:

on the brighter side, i seen a polaris with a budwieser wrap. things are looking up for polaris, down for beer sales.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a rev for the past couple years, and traded it in on my XP. My Dad had a Rev exactly like mine (serial numbers were less then 100 apart) and we switched sleds for a hour or so. XP is way easier to ride IMO.

Top Bottom