rev vs xp... for real.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's already been said, I was too lazy to read all the post. But keep In mind that the rev are starting to get some age. On a snowmobile that always starts to weigh on reliabilty.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i have rented an 08 and 10... not by choice..... had the 10 for 3 days... good going straight up but that it.... this is y i put in a 800r in my 04 chassis..... cause i liked the way it pulled [ the xp i mean ] ....

just the way ya stand , the seats , ect makes me feel like i am ridin a buffalo [ or a big horse, bull ect... ] too wide there....

im 6' 2" and i feel u stand too far up on an xp too.... plus the bars are too short [ meaning close together between the grips ] .....

plus an xp sucks to have to work on compared to a rev. and the list goes on...

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last weekend i got to try an 11 xp'x.... still didn't carve like a rev... but it was better than the 10 xp i rode before [ so they are getting better ] it has the 37 stance i think [ it was way smaller than the old xp's in the group ]...

looks nice with the white, gold , black colors too....

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im 6' 2" and i feel u stand too far up on an xp too....

You sir are crazy! I am 6'2'' and the xp is SO much nicer being this tall. The rev is a smaller sled, when i sit down i feel like heels are almost digging into my a$$...
As per laying it over, you clearly havent ridden an xp that is ''set up'' properly...

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think the bottom end on the xps are kind of week
2 of my riding buddies each had one and they both needed new motors
the 2009 blew a chunk out of the crankcase and the 2008 was on its way to doing the same thing
i'm not scared by the odd horror story, there's those stories for every sled out there. not dissing your bud's but i think with proper maintenance it'll last more than long enough.

Maybe it's already been said, I was too lazy to read all the post. But keep In mind that the rev are starting to get some age. On a snowmobile that always starts to weigh on reliabilty.
that's the main reason i'm looking at upgrading, i'll just be sad to see her go :(

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sir are crazy! I am 6'2'' and the xp is SO much nicer being this tall. The rev is a smaller sled, when i sit down i feel like heels are almost digging into my a$$...
As per laying it over, you clearly havent ridden an xp that is ''set up'' properly...

huh well i never sit down...... i have a total of 12" rise on my bars...

siting down and riding feels like a chopper..... i never sit.... oh ya sitting is trail riding and well i ride the big mountains...

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've gone threw a few bumpers on my xp and was thinkin of filling it with either expandable foam (mono mono) or epoxy glue...

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

siting down and riding feels like a chopper..... i never sit.... oh ya sitting is trail riding and well i ride the big mountains...

This just in. Handlebar risers work on xp's too. AND wider handlebars can be put on them too!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i think i've made the decision that this summer i'll be sled shopping... :d:d:d:d

thanks for all the help guys!

evan3000

Reaction score
I had an 06 rev 151 x, I had all the essential parts and it was set up really well, and really liked it!!! I rented and 08 800 154 xp when they first came out , this was a stock rental sled that was not set up the way I liked it at all, but still I lined up the two sleds on a 3 ft powder climb and I was sold on the xp!! It out climbed my rev bad!!!! plus it just felt more comfortable. I sold the rev that season and now run and xp!!!! and would never want to go back. Don't get me wrong the Rev is a really good sled, the xp is just so far ahead of it!!!

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or you could try an m8, youll find good deals on em right now and through the summer. Got strong bumpers, bullet proof engine and easy to roll over,,,,give the other brands a shot, take them for a ride. U may like them more than u think and doesnt hurt to try.

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
or you could try an m8, youll find good deals on em right now and through the summer. Got strong bumpers, bullet proof engine and easy to roll over,,,,give the other brands a shot, take them for a ride. U may like them more than u think and doesnt hurt to try.

i ride with a m8 regularly, hate it with a passion. maybe it's just the way he has it set up but it's a pig to carve or do anything with i find.
dont get me wrong cats are good sleds a big flaw for me is the diamond drive, just my opinion

Last edited:

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Im HIGHLY doubting you NEVER sit down...and last time i checked you have to TRAIL RIDE to get up to the "big" mountain areas.:eek::eek:

...and usually in the "big mountains" your sitting when decending down VERY steep inclines! With your feet & legs forward more you have better support and control over the sled...:twocents:...:d:d

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im HIGHLY doubting you NEVER sit down...and last time i checked you have to TRAIL RIDE to get up to the "big" mountain areas.:eek::eek:

...and usually in the "big mountains" your sitting when decending down VERY steep inclines! With your feet & legs forward more you have better support and control over the sled...:twocents:...:d:d

... unless you roll it down the hill, then you can slide down :d

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tree= a :eek: moment followed by carnage usually.

I fuggin hate trees! Some guys use them for traction.... wont mention any names... but i just cant seem to go over them!

Mind you, I always seem to find the big ones. :rolleyes:

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fuggin hate trees! Some guys use them for traction.... wont mention any names... but i just cant seem to go over them!

Mind you, I always seem to find the big ones. :rolleyes:

:d the worst part is the moment you realize that you aren't gonna miss it.

Top Bottom