rev vs xp... for real.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
xps? don't ya mean xrs?

not bashin the xrs just the track.....

everyone has a opinion which is fine.....

oh ya not a hole bunch of mountain ridin down there...... but lots of trails [ fernie - crowsnest..... u should go to like middle b/c where its at man

Youd chit your pants on the back side of the three sisters. Clearly you have minimal knoledge of the actual mountians. fernie Cranbrook Castlegar have some of the best sled terrain in the world. I hope you do end up havin the balls to show up I will have the Gopro 1080 HD to record the thrashing I will lay on you and your Rev. The valleys we drop into your 151 rev won't even make it out of so bring your wallet if you show you might need a heli to help out.:d

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was just at golden last weekend..... been all around with the exeption of west of fernie....... lol a heli to get out?????????? are you for real guy???????? all that smog is cow town must have got to ya.... and sorry this weekend comin up i am going on the doo talk ride.... in sicamouse-revy....

mabe ya should come and see real terrain ziggy.....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and to get back on topick.....

lane its up to u but i would rent an xp for a weekend... then make your mind up.....

the xp's just are not for this guy...... never will too i don't think....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and u don't know anything there ziggy.....

brp made the prototype of the xp before the rev.... they put the rev out before the xp..... then held out on it till they had it figured out......

but still both the xp's and the rev platform were and are made for the trail sled chassis

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i was just at golden last weekend..... been all around with the exeption of west of fernie....... lol a heli to get out?????????? are you for real guy???????? all that smog is cow town must have got to ya.... and sorry this weekend comin up i am going on the doo talk ride.... in sicamouse-revy....

mabe ya should come and see real terrain ziggy.....

Have rode all over Sicamouse. I highly doulbt you have seen much of Fernie or you would know better. I'm sure there won't be any shortage of XP's willing to educate you this weekend. Pretty sure you will run into some XP's cause they will be the majority. Like I said you ever want to put your money where your mouth is I will be happy to meet you and educate you on how bad an XP will kick the revs azz.:d

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and u don't know anything there ziggy.....

brp made the prototype of the xp before the rev.... they put the rev out before the xp..... then held out on it till they had it figured out......

but still both the xp's and the rev platform were and are made for the trail sled chassis

Can you hook me up cause it's clear your smokin good chit. That or your on crack.:d

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't want some numb nutz comin in here bashin doo's etc.

i'm tryin to decide, if i should upgrade to a xp or just keep upgrading my rev. ride and power wise what's the difference?

i really don't want to read about some guys cool new pro that makes doo's look silly.... :rolleyes: so thanks for not bashing doo's and not tryin to convert me to the "dark side".
:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Go checkout Over The Top Rentals Tim can rent you a new XP for a good price and he runs a great biz. I think that after you give it a chance you will agree the XP platform is better.:d

capt. crunch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im HIGHLY doubting you NEVER sit down...and last time i checked you have to TRAIL RIDE to get up to the "big" mountain areas.:eek::eek:

...and usually in the "big mountains" your sitting when decending down VERY steep inclines! With your feet & legs forward more you have better support and control over the sled...:twocents:...:d:d

I don't sit down when I trail ride on the way up, and I definately don't sit down on steep descents. Too busy throwing it on its side, Carving it up.
I think the seat is for eating lunch!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh u better check into it..... mabe u should join doo talk and find out whats real and whats not....

Dropped Doo talk about the time I dropped my 1000 RT 162 Rev. S&M is the best site bar none for information and the best chits around.JMO:d:beer:Ahh here you go have a beer:beer: cheers:d at least we can agree Doo's are great.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't sit down when I trail ride on the way up, and I definately don't sit down on steep descents. Too busy throwing it on its side, Carving it up.

I don't sit much either don't matter an XP feels better standin or sittin.:d

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lol....... my lunch won't sit on the seat.....

but the xp's have a flat seat so mabe it will on them....

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol....... my lunch won't sit on the seat.....

but the xp's have a flat seat so mabe it will on them....

I don't think you know chit. This is direct from Doo press release it clearly states that the XP came after the Rev they developed the XP chasis when they were developing the complete rev pkg. The XP was the first computer designed sled. You should spend more time here talking to Doo owners. Your comment about not being as tough wrong again read the article 37 % stronger.

We are lighter than everyone else by a lot. All the parts are different. It is not a REV but is a completely redesigned snowmobile. It is the first snowmobile designed strictly on the computer and after it was physically built loaded with sensors. Then the sensors were
read to see the weak points. You can build anything on a computer but does it really work? Ski Doo then remodified the sled. In shedding all that weight the chassis is now 37 % stronger than the previous REV chassis, noted Oitzl. You put the virtual world and the real world
together and there are components you don't need. We have taken out 106 parts out of the steering mechanism alone. Weve given 8 inches more leg room, taken the secondary and put it up above the primarily and taken the brake off the chain case and moved it right on the
driveshaft. Everything makes more sense and is simpler and less prone to problems.
In the WPSA Pro Open class Blair Morgan ran the new chassis and won Valcourt and Lake Geneva. We are in the business to stay in the business not to play games in the business. They started developing this chassis the year they developed the REV so are forward thinking.
The next generation sled is coming for you and Ski Doo are working on it right now.

Like I said:kickass:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you know chit. This is direct from Doo press release it clearly states that the XP came after the Rev they developed the XP chasis when they were developing the complete rev pkg. The XP was the first computer designed sled. You should spend more time here talking to Doo owners. Your comment about not being as tough wrong again read the article 37 % stronger.

We are lighter than everyone else by a lot. All the parts are different. It is not a REV but is a completely redesigned snowmobile. It is the first snowmobile designed strictly on the computer and after it was physically built loaded with sensors. Then the sensors were
read to see the weak points. You can build anything on a computer but does it really work? Ski Doo then remodified the sled. In shedding all that weight the chassis is now 37 % stronger than the previous REV chassis, noted Oitzl. You put the virtual world and the real world
together and there are components you don't need. We have taken out 106 parts out of the steering mechanism alone. Weve given 8 inches more leg room, taken the secondary and put it up above the primarily and taken the brake off the chain case and moved it right on the
driveshaft. Everything makes more sense and is simpler and less prone to problems.
In the WPSA Pro Open class Blair Morgan ran the new chassis and won Valcourt and Lake Geneva. We are in the business to stay in the business not to play games in the business. They started developing this chassis the year they developed the REV so are forward thinking.
The next generation sled is coming for you and Ski Doo are working on it right now.

Like I said:kickass:

ya can read chit right out of a book good for u......

the xp's should be stronger but from some of the ones i have seen hit small chit and break stuff under it.... well not so much eh....

i don't care what anyone says... u make it light , strength has to be deminished.....

sorry to say.... but hey look at the bright side

u can read...............................

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and if the brp brochure said u could jump off a bridge and live would ya?

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and if the brp brochure said u could jump off a bridge and live would ya?

Little soar that you didn't know what you were talkin about.:d Stronger materials can be lighter welcome to the present.:d

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya can read chit right out of a book good for u......

the xp's should be stronger but from some of the ones i have seen hit small chit and break stuff under it.... well not so much eh....

i don't care what anyone says... u make it light , strength has to be deminished.....

sorry to say.... but hey look at the bright side

u can read...............................

We get it. You hate xp's. They aren't for everyone, I agree. But its a whole helluva lot better than the rev imo.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya well zig zag is a tool and someone will put him back into the tool box......

just cause he knows all............

to get back to lane's delema like i said before rent one and see for your self lane....

and i agree carbon rev's are not for everyone and xp's are not either....

that was my hole point... lane was looking for opinions..... that was mine

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya well zig zag is a tool and someone will put him back into the tool box......

just cause he knows all............

to get back to lane's delema like i said before rent one and see for your self lane....

and i agree carbon rev's are not for everyone and xp's are not either....

that was my hole point... lane was looking for opinions..... that was mine

Better to be a tool than a fool that spews chit and knows even less. I think the reason you ride a Rev is your a block head. Like I said little soar that you thought you knew. You know what thought did? I think you did the same on this post. Cheers have the last word jacazz I know you will I'm done now point proven.:d

Top Bottom