rev vs xp... for real.

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my dads rev xp summit is a p.o.s and he hates it. he said he will never buy another one. his mxz rev is bulletproof though. my dad likes the polaris's the best. just cause hes been having grief ALL year with his XP. had two engines and is always needed to be fixed.

try a polaris and dont be so biased. or an arctic cat. you might be surprised.

well considering i have a polaris tore apart in the shop, and like i said before i ride regularly with a m8, i have tried both, i don't like the feel of the arctic cat, to old style for me, same with the iq/dragon chasis, and since i'm not putting out 10+g's on a sled i won't be buying a pro.

this is a thread about xp vs rev, not doo vs polaris vs ac. i'm not trying to be a d!ck but i don't appreciate telling me to try another brand when the first post says not to come in here and tell me another brand is the best, i don't care about that. :beer:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well considering i have a polaris tore apart in the shop, and like i said before i ride regularly with a m8, i have tried both, i don't like the feel of the arctic cat, to old style for me, same with the iq/dragon chasis, and since i'm not putting out 10+g's on a sled i won't be buying a pro.

this is a thread about xp vs rev, not doo vs polaris vs ac. i'm not trying to be a d!ck but i don't appreciate telling me to try another brand when the first post says not to come in here and tell me another brand is the best, i don't care about that. :beer:

ya it was stayed.... just looking for info between rev's and xp's

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya it was stayed.... just looking for info between rev's and xp's

I read this with interest, as I have an 05 REV and love it but I have been thinking about upgrading to an XP. Every time I ride my REV it puts a huge smile on my face so do I need to upgrade? Probably not.

But newer is always better (ish) and the XP probably has some advantages over the older technology4. The real question is are you still happy with your REV or do you need more? Me I have at least one more year on the ole girl or until I kill it.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^I agree , my 06 800X 159 does takes me everywhere I need to go. I love the XP but to sell mine @ $5-7000 then shell out another $7-10000 for a new XP that might take me 10-15 feet higher. I just see the upgrade. But when my rev is wore out, thats different IMO! If you are just upgrading for the sake of upgrading spend the cash! I ride my brothers XP 163 with simular mods to my rev, its great I love it but not $10000 worth.IMO:beer:

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read this with interest, as I have an 05 REV and love it but I have been thinking about upgrading to an XP. Every time I ride my REV it puts a huge smile on my face so do I need to upgrade? Probably not.

But newer is always better (ish) and the XP probably has some advantages over the older technology4. The real question is are you still happy with your REV or do you need more? Me I have at least one more year on the ole girl or until I kill it.

My rev is at the point it's gonna cost me more and more every time out. I still enjoy riding her, just scared she's not gonna bring me back one day :(

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My rev is at the point it's gonna cost me more and more every time out. I still enjoy riding her, just scared she's not gonna bring me back one day :(

ya well even the new ones with hardly any k on them might leave ya.....

some times to much electronics is bad..... at least if a float sticks or a line comes off u can limp her back..... new ones won't even run

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

some times to much electronics is bad..... at least if a float sticks or a line comes off u can limp her back..... new ones won't even run

you're a persistent bugger. :d i'm still thinking comfort wise, and with my mods, the next thing to go is gonna be my crank, can't limp that home without a rope. besides i want the longer track, either way i'm gettin a 154+ track, keep it i'll just do a longer skid, or if i buy a xp, i find one that is long enough.

kinda back on topic, is the xp any more fuel efficient? i find my rev goes through a lot more gas than the other sleds i ride with? it could be just the way i ride i guess :rolleyes:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the new etechs are awsome of fuel - oil......

i have heard there have been a few of the new ones [ every brand but more po pos than anything ] that still has big issues.... i/e cranks, pistions ect....

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

Do you still have a wood stove? I get so sick of hearing that lol.. "Holy look at all the wires!!!! Theres no way you can work on that thing!!!!". Or... "Imagine what the things going to cost when it starts breaking down in ten years!"..... The new ones wont even run??The new e-techs have a limp mode thats four times more advanced than the old one! And if a "float" sticks... It still starts. Even if your throttle is stuck WIDE OPEN they will still start first pull.. It will throw it into a limp mode and not let it take off on you...its even got a warm up mode so captin cool cant fire it up in his enclosed at -15 in the morning and put it to the bar to get it out of the trailer so everyone can see it! And as far as whoever they guy was that asked "why the e-techs vibrate so bad"..... Lol :nono:. Why must people look for things to trash on for something just becuase they dont have one. Stand on an 800r and idle then stand on an e-tech at idle.... Its like a caddilac. I guess people will always find something to complain about... I know if this was 15 years ago or ten years ago the threads would be like "New summit ALMOST made it to the cabin today but I got too tired and had to come back" Bahahaha. Now they are..."my moffpot isnt cooking my steak properly"..We are all pretty spolied!

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you're a persistent bugger. :d i'm still thinking comfort wise, and with my mods, the next thing to go is gonna be my crank, can't limp that home without a rope. besides i want the longer track, either way i'm gettin a 154+ track, keep it i'll just do a longer skid, or if i buy a xp, i find one that is long enough.

kinda back on topic, is the xp any more fuel efficient? i find my rev goes through a lot more gas than the other sleds i ride with? it could be just the way i ride i guess :rolleyes:

The 800R is a bit better than the ho but not by much...its also hard to tell cause every rider rides different.
The etec is a LOT better though, my friend this season spent at LEAST a quarter less on fuel than the rest of our group did. His oil consumption was better too, on hard deep days though it wasnt a significant difference.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you still have a wood stove? I get so sick of hearing that lol.. "Holy look at all the wires!!!! Theres no way you can work on that thing!!!!". Or... "Imagine what the things going to cost when it starts breaking down in ten years!"..... The new ones wont even run??The new e-techs have a limp mode thats four times more advanced than the old one! And if a "float" sticks... It still starts. Even if your throttle is stuck WIDE OPEN they will still start first pull.. It will throw it into a limp mode and not let it take off on you...its even got a warm up mode so captin cool cant fire it up in his enclosed at -15 in the morning and put it to the bar to get it out of the trailer so everyone can see it! And as far as whoever they guy was that asked "why the e-techs vibrate so bad"..... Lol :nono:. Why must people look for things to trash on for something just becuase they dont have one. Stand on an 800r and idle then stand on an e-tech at idle.... Its like a caddilac. I guess people will always find something to complain about... I know if this was 15 years ago or ten years ago the threads would be like "New summit ALMOST made it to the cabin today but I got too tired and had to come back" Bahahaha. Now they are..."my moffpot isnt cooking my steak properly"..We are all pretty spolied!

huh thats funny.... above idle the etech vib's so bad through the bars and tunnel [ via feet ] i thought it was going to come apart.....

yes i agree when idled down it sounded like a 4 stroke... didn't smell ect...

sorry the vibration was and is un nerving to me.... mabe something is wrong with the one i rode [ it had 200 ish miles on it ] ....

so its a caddie then hey..... caddies are smooth as butter.....

etech's i think not... no caddie there

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
huh thats funny.... above idle the etech vib's so bad through the bars and tunnel [ via feet ] i thought it was going to come apart.....

sorry the vibration was and is un nerving to me.... mabe something is wrong with the one i rode [ it had 200 ish miles on it ] ....

Coming from a guy that says "LONG LIVE THE REV". One day you will be on here... when you can get an e-tech for like 6 grand that is.... saying... MAN my XP is SOOOO much better than the new chassis... Becuase your a "my stuffs the best guy" which is understandable I was like that in grade 10 also. Lol j/k. But honeslty They all dont vibrate like that.. I was actually REALLY impressed with how smooth they were! You must have been riding one that wasnt aligned properly or something. Suprised you would use a word like... UN NERVING becuase honestly they are way better than the 800r's for vibration. If it hasnt gone through 220L of fuel yet its still in break in mode... That very well could have been what it was too!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

tex your so full of shheeet your starting to believe it. you know as well as i that the new sleds are an improvement or you'd still be riding an ol 95 summit 670. if the rev runs and you like the ride your stylin, but you and i both know your full of shheeet, i have both the xp and rev, and they both ride different, but i ride the xp in the steep and deep.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming from a guy that says "LONG LIVE THE REV". One day you will be on here... when you can get an e-tech for like 6 grand that is.... saying... MAN my XP is SOOOO much better than the new chassis... Becuase your a "my stuffs the best guy" which is understandable I was like that in grade 10 also. Lol j/k. But honeslty They all dont vibrate like that.. I was actually REALLY impressed with how smooth they were! You must have been riding one that wasnt aligned properly or something. Suprised you would use a word like... UN NERVING becuase honestly they are way better than the 800r's for vibration. If it hasnt gone through 220L of fuel yet its still in break in mode... That very well could have been what it was too!

sorry t i was there when tex was riding the etec, he is just shinning you on, that machine rode nice. just ask mach 123 as it was his machine. texs rev runs nice to, but in know way near as nice as that etec, it is cheap on gas, sounds wicked, climbs real well. tex is so full off it:d:d:d:d.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

if i were you i'd get the longer track, you hear all the bs about turning etc on longer tracks, you never hear anyone going to a shorter track, for my money 162 or longer. and tex is trying to convince himself not to buy a new sled. we heard it with the zx chasis, rev chasis and xp chasis . nay sayers, everywhere.

i like jeff but he is full of shheeet.:d

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if i were you i'd get the longer track, you hear all the bs about turning etc on longer tracks, you never hear anyone going to a shorter track, for my money 162 or longer. and tex is trying to convince himself not to buy a new sled. we heard it with the zx chasis, rev chasis and xp chasis . nay sayers, everywhere.

i like jeff but he is full of shheeet.:d

huh everyone has an opinion..... mine is just made up....

oh and sometimes it just nice to not to say what cha think to the guy that let u ride his babe..... i said something about the vibration...

wade was going to try it out too.... he asked me what i thought , and didn't.... we also talked about it on the way home that night.....

i still think i'd buy a new m8 before a e tech....

and mabe it wasn't broke in yet... i like to try one that is then.... it just felt like the jackshaft was going out the bottom comparded to mine

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
huh everyone has an opinion..... mine is just made up....

oh and sometimes it just nice to not to say what cha think to the guy that let u ride his babe..... i said something about the vibration...

wade was going to try it out too.... he asked me what i thought , and didn't.... we also talked about it on the way home that night.....

i still think i'd buy a new m8 before a e tech....

yes jeff you have an opinion, and valued. like i said, we heard pretty much the same stuff from others when every new chassis came out. an m8, whoa there big guy? may be a good sled, may fit your riding style. lots of them sold, i'm sure you'd like it.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes jeff you have an opinion, and valued. like i said, we heard pretty much the same stuff from others when every new chassis came out. an m8, whoa there big guy? may be a good sled, may fit your riding style. lots of them sold, i'm sure you'd like it.

i'd hate to say that i'd buy buy a chitty kitty.... but well im not sure....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'd hate to say that i'd buy buy a chitty kitty.... but well im not sure....

open that fat azz wallet and get a kitty. have ridden very few 2 strokes that didn't vibrate in some way. i will say that my 04 rev turns easier(faster/quicker ) than the xp. but i like lite, hate lifting.
now if you do get a kitty, you'll have a whole lot more posting to make. :d:beer:

Top Bottom