rev vs xp... for real.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better to be a tool than a fool that spews chit and knows even less. I think the reason you ride a Rev is your a block head. Like I said little soar that you thought you knew. You know what thought did? I think you did the same on this post. Cheers have the last word jacazz I know you will I'm done now point proven.:d

there ha ha ha

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dont look at the tree!! Every time I look at the tree I end up going RIGHT for it!!! We definately did some tree trimming yesterday lol:d Those bstrds just jump right out in front of ya!:eek:
so that's my problem :rolleyes:

You got it figured out now. If Maxwell agrees your on the right track. Good luck with your new to you XP.:d:beer:
he liked a post of mine to, i must be doing something right :d
oh and to get back on topick.....

lane its up to u but i would rent an xp for a weekend... then make your mind up.....

the xp's just are not for this guy...... never will too i don't think....
i'm hopin to get one this weekend, thank you for supporting the rev side to, by far my favourite sled so far but just gettin a little old.

lol....... my lunch won't sit on the seat.....

but the xp's have a flat seat so mabe it will on them....
try a boss seat... :d

see kinda flatter.

Attachments

• sled.jpg
    sled.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 112

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Might I suggest an addendum to this thread? A simple poll....

Power: Rev or XP
Trail handling: Rev or XP
Deep snow handling: Rev or XP
Comfort: Rev or XP
Ease of maintenance: Rev or XP

As one of the people on this thread who has put MANY miles on both....there's 5 XP votes already....well, 4 and a tie on the last one. The XP is no harder to work on than the Rev.

lane3030

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

As one of the people on this thread who has put MANY miles on both....there's 5 XP votes already....well, 4 and a tie on the last one. The XP is no harder to work on than the Rev.

stock, not modded to the nuts, chances of people looking at upgrading from a rev to a modded xp are slim. jus saying. and cans and stingers don't count as mods... :rolleyes:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score

Lets see.... Power.. Most revs have the 800 Ho except 07..so... XP
Trail handling: More rider forward... plus most revs dont have the 6.9 double carbide...sooooooooo XP
Deep snow handling... Again... XP
Comfort... Depending on which seat on the xp... all of which are more comfortable than a rev and without the stupid rev knee bashers.... XP
Ease of mainteneance....E-TECH.....Sooo defineatly again... XP

Clearly Ski doo has made it this far in the game by coming our with new chassis that are inferior to the previous ones.... Thats how it works right?? Like when you start a thread called "rev vs xp".... You may as well go start one that says "electricity or oil lamps".They arent going to make a new sled and expect people to buy it if its not way better than the last one.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya well i put in the 800r for the power... same as xp

i put on the pilot 6.9 skis.... same as the xp

and i have never bashed my knees

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
ya well i put in the 800r for the power... same as xp

i put on the pilot 6.9 skis.... same as the xp

and i have never bashed my knees

So.... Basically your trying to make your rev into an xp....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just the good parts of the xp..........

the rest is rev......

oh i even us the 377 xp belt.......

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
just the good parts of the xp..........

the rest is rev......

oh i even us the 377 xp belt.......

Ive been taking some of the stuff off of a rev and putting them on my xp too... Oop.. wait No I havent! haha. j/k

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my dads rev xp summit is a p.o.s and he hates it. he said he will never buy another one. his mxz rev is bulletproof though. my dad likes the polaris's the best. just cause hes been having grief ALL year with his XP. had two engines and is always needed to be fixed.

try a polaris and dont be so biased. or an arctic cat. you might be surprised.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your no farther ahead with a po po 800 if your having engine issues allready...

cause thats there big problem

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
my dads rev xp summit is a p.o.s and he hates it. he said he will never buy another one. his mxz rev is bulletproof though. my dad likes the polaris's the best. just cause hes been having grief ALL year with his XP. had two engines and is always needed to be fixed.

Try a Polaris? I may have to start a new thread... "s" chassis DOO vs Pro RMK. And Im allowed to be Biased... Its a SKI DOO THREAD!Im not going to run into the polaris threads and say.. You guys are being bias talking up polaris so much in here try a doo.. LOL. AND ps...:My dads tougher than your dad.

DownhillBill

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is why this site exists! taking an out of the box xp 08-10 and just running it HARD in the mountians and you WILL have problems. Some brp's fault and some not, a major one is heat! To meet emissions and noise standards they have them sealed up tight so heat builds up in there in no time! But if you look into all the necessary upgrades/mods/warranty work and you have one KICK AZZ sled!
Now the e-tec is a different story...my friends is stock out of the box and has over 1400kms no problems!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u know i put in a 07 800r in my 04 chassis right?

the stock sidehiller 04 ski's sucked my white azzz

i figured that the belt i should use should be the same as the xp's 800r [ cause i know they ate belts at the start like butter ]

also like i said before.... when i rented the xp .. i liked the way it pulled but not the way it carved, handled, standing position ect....

so rather than buy something i didn't like i put in what i liked... the 800r...

talkinghamster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is why this site exists! taking an out of the box xp 08-10 and just running it HARD in the mountians and you WILL have problems. Some brp's fault and some not, a major one is heat! To meet emissions and noise standards they have them sealed up tight so heat builds up in there in no time! But if you look into all the necessary upgrades/mods/warranty work and you have one KICK AZZ sled!
Now the e-tec is a different story...my friends is stock out of the box and has over 1400kms no problems!

my dad hasnt even taken it to the mountains. and i cant say polaris is his favorite thats a lie ski doo is. he just said if he had to buy a different sled he would buy a polaris.

Top Bottom