Jasper is on fire!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Marmot says they are fine and planning on opening in November. Will be interesting to her what youhave to say about that. Not sure where skiers will be stayinhg though...lol

I'm really curious if any of the private cabins were hit by the fires, and how badly?
There is smoke at marmot and extensive food mal-odors. That absorbs into many surfaces and is difficult to get out. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont mind that thing being sold, i can only imagine what its costing tax payers to operate. The less the government touches anything the better IMO
I wasn't owned or operated by parks or the gov't. It was owned by the same company as Marmot basin, based out of Edmonton. Not sure how more foreign ownership, especially in a national park could be considered a good thing.
Regardless, I'm surprised anyone would want it. It's at the end of its lifespan and needs to be replaced. That won't be cheap or easy.

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wasn't owned or operated by parks or the gov't. It was owned by the same company as Marmot basin, based out of Edmonton. Not sure how more foreign ownership, especially in a national park could be considered a good thing.
Regardless, I'm surprised anyone would want it. It's at the end of its lifespan and needs to be replaced. That won't be cheap or easy.
That’s usually the government’s buying MO not selling MO.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The Swiss figured out how to add another cable car to the top of the Little Matterhorn at 13,000ft, replacing the Jasper Tramway should be child's play. We were 6 days too early, and just missed it's grand opening.

PXL_20230626_084332488.jpg

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The operations manager at Marmot is saying accommodations will be tight on weekends but plenty enough hotel
space for during the week. And hey will suffer some though I’m betting
Lol, 90% of mountain towns are like this. To bad 90%of the population works Monday to Friday.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that Jasper is open to the public how much harder will the clean up be for companies? From Ron's pics I think they are opening up way too soon

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that Jasper is open to the public how much harder will the clean up be for companies? From Ron's pics I think they are opening up way too soon
Gas is on powers on open up. Peoples homes and lives are there. How dare someone tell them they can’t go home and open their business
If I lived there, I wouldn’t have ever left or stayed away

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gas is on powers on open up. Peoples homes and lives are there. How dare someone tell them they can’t go home and open their business
If I lived there, I wouldn’t have ever left or stayed away
I understand what your saying and yes peoples lives and homes are there. I just wonder if when you see Ron's pics and it looks like excavator's and the hauling of debris is just getting started maybe give them a week without tourists. They big clean up equipment can do lot's in a week, instead of having them working around tourists. Yes let residence and business owners in but maybe hold off on the tourists. The tourists will not be respectful to stay back and let the big equipment work making everything so much slower and getting in the way. Maybe Ron will comment about and give his opinion from being there if if should be open for tourism

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand what your saying and yes peoples lives and homes are there. I just wonder if when you see Ron's pics and it looks like excavator's and the hauling of debris is just getting started maybe give them a week without tourists. They big clean up equipment can do lot's in a week, instead of having them working around tourists. Yes let residence and business owners in but maybe hold off on the tourists. The tourists will not be respectful to stay back and let the big equipment work making everything so much slower and getting in the way. Maybe Ron will comment about and give his opinion from being there if if should be open for tourism
I suspect those areas are not open to the tourists.

Top Bottom