Jasper is on fire!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Currently the tram is owned by marmot basin we are waiting to go up there by helicopter Sunday or Monday for inspections and to review what needs done to get it running again.
Several buildings have wildfire smoke damage and
I suspect those areas are not open to the tourists.
Ha ha, its all open, It was a total gong show today, people taking pictures, blocking access, using parking to go walk the streets leaving nowhere for workers to park. What we had for restaurants or take out food now have line ups so workers will have to pack food again, now more if a crap show.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Currently the tram is owned by marmot basin we are waiting to go up there by helicopter Sunday or Monday for inspections and to review what needs done to get it running again.

Ha ha, its all open, It was a total gong show today, people taking pictures, blocking access, using parking to go walk the streets leaving nowhere for workers to park. What we had for restaurants or take out food now have line ups so workers will have to pack food again, now more if a crap show.
We had technicians out there the other week fighting with the generators to get them going. Apparently they couldn't get the upper one going but got the lower one fired up.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's what I figured would happen making the process longer and harder with tourism being opened up.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watching the local news this morning and they were showing some of the damage to campgrounds in Jasper area. I had no idea that fires created that much wind in their paths. Steel fire pits tipped over and rolled away from their designated spots and a full size SeaCan for fire pit ash was picked up and tossed into the River. They were showing footage of a crane picking it out of the middle of the river. Crazy. I guess this is why they evacuate people.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand what your saying and yes peoples lives and homes are there. I just wonder if when you see Ron's pics and it looks like excavator's and the hauling of debris is just getting started maybe give them a week without tourists. They big clean up equipment can do lot's in a week, instead of having them working around tourists. Yes let residence and business owners in but maybe hold off on the tourists. The tourists will not be respectful to stay back and let the big equipment work making everything so much slower and getting in the way. Maybe Ron will comment about and give his opinion from being there if if should be open for tourism
likely by design, our federal government seems to always have an agenda?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Watching the local news this morning and they were showing some of the damage to campgrounds in Jasper area. I had no idea that fires created that much wind in their paths. Steel fire pits tipped over and rolled away from their designated spots and a full size SeaCan for fire pit ash was picked up and tossed into the River. They were showing footage of a crane picking it out of the middle of the river. Crazy. I guess this is why they evacuate people.
Full size sea can for ash.... Probably needed to have it sent to an Edmonton landfill for recycling. Smart people in national parks lol.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Government + Insurance companies in charge of the clean up guarantees it will take 5x as long and cost 10x as much. A few weeks would clean up the entire mess easy, the harder job is cleaning and fixing up the partly damaged buildings. But damn maybe I missed the ball and should have tried to get on for the clean up, i'm never against charging insurance companies obscene amounts. I got called out to a fire on a sunday and charged $1400 for 5 mins of mini hoe work that honestly was a complete waste of time.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
South of town wasn’t damaged. The resorts are only damages because of power outages for 4-10 days with no power then no attention for another two weeks and now another 30 days goes by and I’m looking at this. These coolers are toast. With walk in coolers/freezers and all refrigerators that had food present and it’s not nice. This has affected resorts and other areas all over. Below is a walk in refrigeration unit. When I opened the freezer I got hit hard with a huge wall of flys,
Just about ripped my respirator off my face. I won’t be uploading that pic.

Evey inspection I do is like this and we keep getting more every day.

IMG_0376.jpeg

hbar218

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
South of town wasn’t damaged. The resorts are only damages because of power outages for 4-10 days with no power then no attention for another two weeks and now another 30 days goes by and I’m looking at this. These coolers are toast. With walk in coolers/freezers and all refrigerators that had food present and it’s not nice. This has affected resorts and other areas all over. Below is a walk in refrigeration unit. When I opened the freezer I got hit hard with a huge wall of flys,
Just about ripped my respirator off my face. I won’t be uploading that pic.

Evey inspection I do is like this and we keep getting more every day.

View attachment 287362
I am a Refrigeration and Air Conditioning mechanic, that sounds and looks like a normal Chinese restaurant, lol

Top Bottom