Jasper is on fire!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curiosity kills me. The airport area had a giant grass fire and killed the trees. I’m really curious to see what they put in there now they cleared the land with fire.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That was a so called ‘controlled fire’. It was a gong show watching them put it out. I guess I’m getting flack from the town today as I posted asbestos signage on any site that had Asbestos. (Most of them)
View attachment 286785
you aren't sweeping that under the rug like they would like you to? I would sleep with one eye opened if I were you.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they going to remove all those burnt trees, or just leave them there? I think they should clear it...

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
How are you doing with your health in these conditions Ron? Gotta be hard on you. Take care of yourself.
Doing ok. Lots of walking on uneven ground and lots of hours. Start at 7 and go till 7-8. Got good sunburn today. Sometimes I feel and probably look like I’m wasted but I plug away.
We are doing over 600 different sites in town now, my guy will be back on Tuesday so he can go crazy here. We have so many re-inspections on every large hotel, kitchens and even grocery and health food store. By the night I just want to sleep however 5 am comes fast. I guarantee I’ll more than impress the doctors when I do my re-assent next month. Still all numb and I am working a lot harder to get things done. This should payoff in the fall. For me.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I stop for breaks a lot. I wish to come back to Edmonton soon for at least 2 days. We are hitting 5 - 7 sites a day. Some are real bad and heading down 93 it’s devastating to see the damage. Complete lodges with cabins wiped out Wasn’t too impressed when we left our shot ladder on side to finish off today and it was gone
IMG_9223.jpeg
out.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that the heat would take all the moisture out of the cement making it brittle. Its called spalding I think…

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trowel it with a fresh coat of repair mortar good to go . Looks like blocks.

People use cinder blocks for fire pits and they last a long time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom