Jasper is on fire!

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
So it is possible to put out fires? Crazy

This was Tuesday night in Seymour Arm about a KM from my cabin. I was just travelling in but my son was up there pulling hoses and setting up pumps. Was about 1/2km in the bush and away from the creek. They set up booster pumps to get the water up hill to the fire. Was a lightning strike from a weekend storm that really flared up.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wish i could share the videos I'm seeing from the locals in town. But holy smokes that is how its done. The response time was incredible. 3 JET air tankers doing laps back to PG with retardant so about 30 min cycle time. 4 Air tractor skimmers just hammering it constantly and picking up water on the lake. Multiple helicopters, lots of ground crews. Never seen a response like that. All arrived in less than 30 mins. Really goes to show how mismanaged the jasper fire was and how even though they were telling everyone they were "doing all they could" they absolutely were not.
Very well said.
I was surprised how quickly the response to the Hullcar fire was handled just outside of armstrong. With the temps in the area, and how dry it was, I thought it was going to be bad.

Attachments

• IMG_8671.jpeg
    IMG_8671.jpeg
    233.6 KB · Views: 66

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very well said.
I was surprised how quickly the response to the Hullcar fire was handled just outside of armstrong. With the temps in the area, and how dry it was, I thought it was going to be bad.

A big part of that response was the fact it is only a few hundred meters from major power lines as well as being upwind and close to Enderby.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We’re at the Lobstick lodge. Large sprinklers came on in the back and the entire building is sprayed with some oily thick beige fire retardant. Quite a mess. Highway is closed again lots of fires around town. All the buildings have definite smoke damage.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
We been stuck on the highway at the JPL bridge for 45 minutes while at least 10 fire trucks about 15-20 rcmp and a dozen trucks all with lights are heading north east. Not moving, there was heavy black smoke for a bit. Only one helicopter so far. Some fire trucks are heading back to Jasper for water. Getting hungry as we didn’t bring lunch as the one insured was being us sandwiches. This is worse than watching paint dry.

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stopped for the second time after leaving Sicamous 2.5 hrs ago both for accidents, one east of Revy. Now at the rodgers pass accident is 13 km ahead of us. FFS

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just rode back through the Jasper movie set. I’ve had bigger fires with my friends at the reserve. Two weeks so far. 13 hours to get home from Clearwater. Close the highway open the highway. I must’ve passed 1000 cars between blue River and Hinton once the road opened. Myself and Mrs. Drew are home safe.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, probably some wing nuts starting fire.

Near as i can tell its pefectly legal to start forest fires. Cause they don t bother looking for these clowns

Top Bottom