Jasper is on fire!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No hate, it’s just no secret that Banff receives much more preferential treatment than jasper from the Canadian government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

News to me. But it is a bigger town, and way more busy.

Tacodriver

Reaction score
that fire would have been out in 30 minutes if it was banff
In 2003 ( ifirc ) Banff had a couple of close calls with the Kootenay park fire and the prescribed burn at carrot creek by the park gates, they did burn down the power line connecting Canmore to Banff. That helped push parks in Banff to do more thinning but it is still not enough.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that fire would have been out in 30 minutes if it was banff

But let's be honest, banff is nicer, better town better skill hills. I can't even remember the last time I went to jasper gotta be 15 years. The shitty part is how the government stifles any new development in jasper seemingly way more then compared to banff.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So tell me why they would spend all this money to retire this plane instead of using the funds to upgrade it and utilize it?
Probably built better then the ones manufactured these days.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't get me wrong Banff is necessary. Helps weed out the basic B*tches. Any woman that says lets go to banff gets kicked to the curb. I cant think of any place on earth i rather wouldnt be.

I drive right past both those place's (Jasper and Banff) I like gas powered fun, and you can't have any there.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So tell me why they would spend all this money to retire this plane instead of using the funds to upgrade it and utilize it?
Probably built better then the ones manufactured these days.

i understand why so many people think that. I used too aswell. But the plane is 80 years old and just like any piece of equipment there is a point in its life cycle where it just doesn't make sense. Its capacity is unmatched, But the plane is slow, Not maneuverable, and underpowered. Its also extremely limited on its capability as it can only land on water. So it cant refill at an airstrip, cant get retardant etc, and pretty much has to be near a fairly large body of water as its takeoff roll isnt exactly short. The money is better of spent on multiple more modern tankers that can deliver much better cycle times and be more diverse in their capabilities. Some of coulsons CH44s Helis for example are delivering very large pay loads and very quick cycle times. The Herc is also a good replacement, CL215 etc. The air tractor fleet is also pretty impressive. 4-6 of those can do some damage on a fire and use very small bodies of water.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went and watched it fly buy my area, it's a shame, the government won't hire it because they say it's to big and old but man can it put out fires . There's something goin on between Colsens ( owners) and the government, they have a ton of fire fighting planes but they all end up down south because our government won't hire them for some reason. I think it's because Colsens called them out publicly a few times on the way the handle things and got black listed.

Attachments

• 20240811_164457.jpg
    20240811_164457.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 53

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I drive right past both those place's (Jasper and Banff) I like gas powered fun, and you can't have any there.

Nothing wrong with gas powered fun, but hitting the slopes with a board is equally fun sometimes and banff is by far the best place to do that in this province.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't get me wrong Banff is necessary. Helps weed out the basic B*tches. Any woman that says lets go to banff gets kicked to the curb. I cant think of any place on earth i rather wouldnt be.
As much as snowmobiling is awesome, I will take the scenery of women in a town like banff any day over that of valemount, blue river, mcbride, etc. Near equal women to men ratio many of which are attractive instead of 95% dudes sounds way better to me.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with gas powered fun, but hitting the slopes with a board is equally fun sometimes and banff is by far the best place to do that in this province.

Revelstoke has a kick ass ski hill if thats your thing. It sure isnt mine, never bothered skiing once in all the years I spent in golden and revy.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revelstoke has a kick ass ski hill if thats your thing. It sure isnt mine, never bothered skiing once in all the years I spent in golden and revy.
Always wanted to go but the extra 6 hour drive is always the deal killer especially when pretty much go for 2-3 days tops.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Always wanted to go but the extra 6 hour drive is always the deal killer especially when pretty much go for 2-3 days tops.

I Lived there all winter. But 2 or 3 days max is all id want to do in bnaff

Top Bottom