Jasper is on fire!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The answer is the Canadair CL-415. Canadian made, modern, versatile, high performance and has a very good reputation. Several provinces have them already. Why BC, Alberta or the federal gov't hasn't jumped on the bandwagon and buy some is beyond me. How about we use some of that carbon tax money.
As much as you guys love the CBC, this article pretty much sums it up.
So much demand for them they are adding a factory east of Calgary and not a single order for western Canada.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked with fire fighters today, there are letting it burn. Some pretty big flares there. Was in the hotspot in jasper all day, there was many atco electric vehicles and workers. All the powerpoles are burt on the southwest side of jasper and there is no power.
I followed a convoy of atco trucks that were leaving jasper. It was 2:30 in the afternoon, I assumed there was power back on. Odd time to be leaving IMO.

Attachments

• IMG_6744.jpeg
    IMG_6744.jpeg
    315.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6742.jpeg
    IMG_6742.jpeg
    433.5 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6741.jpeg
    IMG_6741.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_6738.jpeg
    IMG_6738.jpeg
    230.6 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_6724.jpeg
    IMG_6724.jpeg
    408.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6728.jpeg
    IMG_6728.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I followed a convoy of atco trucks that were leaving jasper. It was 2:30 in the afternoon, I assumed there was power back on. Odd time to be leaving IMO.
When I rolled through Jasper on Sunday, I was on my Harley. I must’ve passed 200 atco trucks in a row lol
They must have been heading back to the hotel in Hinton.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
No, so much more work for atco, the crews were working hard. They are staying in Hinton, spoke with a few. They do start at around 10. Many poles are 1/2 gone and the west side of town has no power. The apartments we were at today were burnt to the ground sampling was difficult. Sure a challenge for the partially crippled guy walking on these surfaces, getting extensive physical therapy

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I can probably post pics tomorrow, because I’m sure everyone will be.

Been a tough 1 1/2 weeks here so far. I put approximately 13000-16000 steps a day. The drawback is working from 8-5 that’s it. We plugged through about 80 inspections Still have a few hundred left.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pictures will br like Ft Mac, flat and burnt down buildings

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pictures will br like Ft Mac, flat and burnt down buildings
Kinda, Don’t believe it will be like Fort Mac. The memories I have of the city, like the parsons creek area, when I was there was pretty dramatic, seeing the bulldozed homes, the burnt dozer that got stuck in a foundation, and corvettes etc in the piles.
Alot of those burnt homes and properties in Ft mac were sprayed with a white sealant before residents were allowed back in, if I recall.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who the media?

That is way off after what I been seeing alone. Today I was at an extensively damaged apartment complex, then the neighboring building had burnt to the ground. Then we have 2 large apartment buildings across the street. Probably 15 million right there on that street, as far as I can see to the east for about 3 km is total destruction, just holes filled with debris, then buildings with the roofs burnt off. Vehicles burnt so bad all you seen is some tire belts and a pile of meted metal. Stores have to throw out all the food and several of there meat racks, the esso station is a crater with a pile of debris. Every structure we looked at has char and ash particulate identified and they all require cleaning, thousands of rooms and areas. My estimation will be at 1.2 billion and im probably light. .
Come on Ron, you know fake propaganda being spewed lol. Especially when ur boots on the ground;). Anyway I guess they are back peddling now on the return entry. Only residents are allowed now is what I heard on radio with proof of course to be shown. Stay strong/healthy and go enjoy your weekend off.:)

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda, Don’t believe it will be like Fort Mac. The memories I have of the city, like the parsons creek area, when I was there was pretty dramatic, seeing the bulldozed homes, the burnt dozer that got stuck in a foundation, and corvettes etc in the piles.
Alot of those burnt homes and properties in Ft mac were sprayed with a white sealant before residents were allowed back in, if I recall.
I was there when the dozer fell in.

The sealer was to stop off gassing

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can probably post pics tomorrow, because I’m sure everyone will be.

Been a tough 1 1/2 weeks here so far. I put approximately 13000-16000 steps a day. The drawback is working from 8-5 that’s it. We plugged through about 80 inspections Still have a few hundred left.
FYI Ron, I texted radio host buddy and let him know about 0 is ready for peeps and no fuel, hotel rooms 50km speed limit etc. He did mention it over radio tis am so hope it helps. No need Imo to congest chit even more with looky loo,s when there is nothing to see.;) Have a pleasant Fri.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are those cabin and the overlander out at folding mountain always almost $500 a night or are they gouging due to the fire?

thinking about hitting up Brule

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are those cabin and the overlander out at folding mountain always almost $500 a night or are they gouging due to the fire?

thinking about hitting up Brule

when we goin ?

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
packing tonight, Leave in the Am, if I get my ch!t together.

Trailer is fixed and sitting on new shoes! Not gonna pay $500 a night!

Top Bottom