Jasper is on fire!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No traffic lights on the highway so I'm assuming there's no power.

interestingly enough, unknown to most climate alarmists jasper townsite was powered solely on diesel and gas generators up until they installed that powerline from hinton 2 years ago. I would imagine that powerline took serious damange so perhaps they can fire the old generators backup.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_7121.jpeg

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
interestingly enough, unknown to most climate alarmists jasper townsite was powered solely on diesel and gas generators up until they installed that powerline from hinton 2 years ago. I would imagine that powerline took serious damange so perhaps they can fire the old generators backup.

Grant and I were just talking about this yesterday while he was hauling me through the park.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Got my authorizations for myself and my employees to access Jasper, heading out early Friday, staying at Jasper Gates Campsite, they were very accommodating. Now to enter the $hitshow.

I am prohibited from taking any outdoor photos or sharing any photos. Can take inside but not share on Social media.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Got my authorizations for myself and my employees to access Jasper, heading out early Friday, staying at Jasper Gates Campsite, they were very accommodating. Now to enter the $hitshow.

I am prohibited from taking any outdoor photos or sharing any photos. Can take inside but not share on Social media.
Good luck Ron! We are heading to Hinton on Saturday for a funeral if you forget anything and need it brought out.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all this rain, has anyone heard if the highway might be open soon?

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Good luck Ron. Hope it goes as smooth as it can for you

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With all this rain, has anyone heard if the highway might be open soon?
Jasper has reported to only have received 11mm of rain. Doubt that, but the parks canada posts on FB have me noticing something, for the past while the fire has been reported at 34000ha, if that was an Alberta wildfire outside of federal eyes, it would be classified as being held.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jasper has reported to only have received 11mm of rain. Doubt that, but the parks canada posts on FB have me noticing something, for the past while the fire has been reported at 34000ha, if that was an Alberta wildfire outside of federal eyes, it would be classified as being held.

its been 32000-34000 for 2 weeks now and "out of control" every single day of it. So something fishy forsure. there was over a week they were consistently reporting it as 32000 and out of control...every day

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Communist control, don't let the public know what actually happeneed

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its been 32000-34000 for 2 weeks now and "out of control" every single day of it. So something fishy forsure. there was over a week they were consistently reporting it as 32000 and out of control...every day
Out of control basically gives the IC's anything they want. Being held, you're expected to start giving up resources, having a being held status going back to out of control is the kiss of death career wise.

Last edited by a moderator:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score

I have to say the no outside photos and no sharing things seems odd to me. Don’t get me wrong I get the shock/issues it may cause to people who haven’t been able to see their homes etc. but not being able to share any pic or take outside pics just seems odd. Natural disasters happen all the time and pics are easily obtainable. Why so much lack of public access for this one?

Top Bottom