Reaction score

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting read on Jasper fire.

sounds like his beef is with the alberta government which means if he wasnt in with them he was never getting on with the canadian government

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like his beef is with the alberta government which means if he wasnt in with them he was never getting on with the canadian government
:thumbsup2:, seems the federal government's agenda was to let fires burn, this likely didn't fit there agenda? otherwise why not let them proceed, with there firefighting process, it looked like it worked rather well!

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Interesting read on Jasper fire.

Simple but yet effective, and yet the gobbernment bureaucrats are clueless. Just goes to show ya if your not in some bureaucrats pocket then no go. This could have been drawn up contractually by a 5th grader.:(

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Heard a rumor that the highway is shut down completely again. Guess we'll find out for sure in a couple days.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hadn’t heard about anything today, but The liberals shut it down the commercial traffic lastnight because fires were flaring around the highway so they say.

This baffles me, maybe it shouldn’t, but there is a massive amount of water supply in the area and the fire area is actually small. To me 36000 hectors is small compared to the 200+ hectors that forced me out of my home last year, twice.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hadn’t heard about anything today, but The liberals shut it down the commercial traffic lastnight because fires were flaring around the highway so they say.

This baffles me, maybe it shouldn’t, but there is a massive amount of water supply in the area and the fire area is actually small. To me 36000 hectors is small compared to the 200+ hectors that forced me out of my home last year, twice.
did your house sustain any damages? smoke damage?

i could be wrong, but it appears the federal government doesn't want anyone near Jasper!
Maybe the Us elites, hollywood crowd haven't picked out their spots yet? that would be prime real-estate in Jasper

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

its baffling me aswell, the majority of that 36000 hectares is about 35km south of jasper on 93. I have yet to see an air tanker photo from parks canada. Just a photo of 3 small helis and only one actally flying. In comparison if you watch what the US forest service is doing with their fires its absolutely insane the amount of iron they are using. Big jets and herc water bombers and CHinook helis dropping absolutely massive payloads IN THE MOUNTIANS in far more complex terrain. Parks Canadas excuse for not using bombers was the terrain..."not the right tool for the job" well thats funny because they are doing it in the US no problem and being far more productive.

theyve got unlimited water from multiple rivers, large lakes, and hinton airport would be a 5 minute flight for a bomber. They are delusional if they think they can beat this with just boots on the ground.

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its baffling me aswell, the majority of that 36000 hectares is about 35km south of jasper on 93. I have yet to see an air tanker photo from parks canada. Just a photo of 3 small helis and only one actally flying. In comparison if you watch what the US forest service is doing with their fires its absolutely insane the amount of iron they are using. Big jets and herc water bombers and CHinook helis dropping absolutely massive payloads IN THE MOUNTIANS in far more complex terrain. Parks Canadas excuse for not using bombers was the terrain..."not the right tool for the job" well thats funny because they are doing it in the US no problem and being far more productive.

theyve got unlimited water from multiple rivers, large lakes, and hinton airport would be a 5 minute flight for a bomber. They are delusional if they think they can beat this with just boots on the ground.
It all makes alot more sense when you come to the realization they are purposely destroying our country.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did your house sustain any damages? smoke damage?

i could be wrong, but it appears the federal government doesn't want anyone near Jasper!
Maybe the Us elites, hollywood crowd haven't picked out their spots yet? that would be prime real-estate in Jasper
No, my property was good, no smoke damage or property damage. I learned to make block off plates for the fresh air intakes for the furnace to keep smoke out after being involved in the 2016 fort Mac fire and listening to my coworkers.

It most definitely seems like they cannot control the situation and just keep the park locked down. It was already announced days ago that the bridges etc on the highway did not sustain damage. You should be able to be stopped at the park gate and asked if you are passing through or not and be given a full update on the risks along the highway.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Parks Canada is inexperienced and incompetent in dealing with situations. Look at how many prescribed burns they tried to do and it got away from them.

Top Bottom