Farmer talk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Total of 3 hours combining in almost 3 weeks. Been raining that much, got out yesterday for 3 hours for a localized storm to dump 3/4" and have 100km winds, lucky the wind came from the west and that bin had protection from the shed this time.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just drove to High River and back this morning. It’s amazing how green things are. All the fields that got hail are green. Some guys peas that were hailed 100% have a nice new crop coming. They will be flowering soon. Think I’d be spraying them to save moisture and make sure the drill will go through them in the spring.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard a bad sound from the combine last night…

383cafcd4dab1857bd5cedbe4680de11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard a bad sound from the combine last night…

383cafcd4dab1857bd5cedbe4680de11.jpg

That’s nasty. Hope it didn’t damage the pre drilled holes where the plate attaches. Would suck to have to buy a new table auger

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s nasty. Hope it didn’t damage the pre drilled holes where the plate attaches. Would suck to have to buy a new table auger
The holes that attach are part of the new plate. The worst part is I think here was a broken finger inside there that fell out and also went through the machine. Looking at my other cover plates they are pretty thin. Should probably replace them soon.
You might also need some new pickup teeth as well! Lol.
I know they are bad. I'll do it in the winter if the snow sucks.

Rn4

Reaction score
We picked up a couple rocks too this year. Couple in the rock trap, couple caught on the header. Rocks just about grew better than the crop this year. Wrapped up our crop yesterday some did alright but most was rather disappointing. Happy to be done though.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bc of damaged hole?? Just put a bigger nutsert in or clip with threads

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rolling without auto steer would be brutal. Sometimes it’s pretty hard to see the line in stubble and the sun a certain way
I have gps in tractor but the autosteer doesn't work with the loose steering in that tractor. I might need to get system with auto turn too so I don't have to replace so many fence posts

Top Bottom