Farmer talk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
That sucks. That widecor bin that's leaning, those sheets will likely pop right out, hopefully the roof is okay as you can't get get that style of roof sheet new anymore... only used parts, but they are not common.

The standard core (yellow top) wall sheets you can still get, although they are damn pricey if brand new. Make sure to double check the stiffeners on the inside of the yellow top, if they got damaged or kinked you could definitely have some structural troubles on that side.

And be careful getting it back to the ground, I've seen guys do more damage to a bin getting it back on the skid as it can come quick when the weight comes back over center.
The one thats leaning seems to have faired the best. looks like it just folded the rain lip over at the top, no dented sheets from what i see, i'm not too eager to get underneath it though. The other two faired worse off. Now that it's resting on the ground, its started to settle in and now it's touching the red lid bin as well. I have quick attach on my excavator so im just going to remove the bucket and chain the skid to the coupler and lower it down slowly, my biggest concern is is trying to twist and rotate over. I have a 60,000lb loader i'll probably use to help so it wont. chain the bucket to the skid as well.

Rn4

Reaction score
Finally got everything ready to start harvest here in central AB. Coulda used this rain in July though. 1.5” over the last 2 weeks and another inch last night/today so far.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pouring right now. Wish I didn’t swath my durum 2 days ago.

1bd2c057d142b3a93c9ce96d6f9f1c6b.png

Mine is still standing and ready to combine but I can see the grades disappear by the hour. Pouring hard all morning. Already over half an inch here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Purely Canada is just 1 mile south of us. Wouldn't hurt my feelings if they disappeared. The whole operation sounds like a bad deal, late payments, cheques bouncing, cancelling contracts, owing farmers 60 million from the cancelled oat contracts. Had neighbors sell to them, and one had the cheque bounce, and all were paid late.
Just found out the company was just put on as a publicly traded company a month ago, and the stock price tanked. So they not only screwed the farmers, now the share holders as well.

Correction, Purely Canada Foods is owned by a company called Above Food, and they've been traded for a long time. but in June of this year it spiked at $12 and change, and now it's below a dollar.

Another correction, they only began trading on the Nasdaq on July 1, and thats when it tanked.

Last edited:

Rn4

Reaction score
Finally got going this evening. Barley is nice and dry but the fields not so much. Atleast we got the field opened up, hopefully dry out a bit to make getting trucks in and out easier.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finally got going this evening. Barley is nice and dry but the fields not so much. Atleast we got the field opened up, hopefully dry out a bit to make getting trucks in and out easier.
Same here. Rubbed out some durum in my hand and it was hard as a rock yesterday mid afternoon but wheels picking up mud and straw on combine and auger tractor

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys got going. Not a lot of color in the durum after 48mm of rain on it even though it was standing. We have enough good stuff so hopefully we can blend it off.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fields here pretty dissapointing so far canola been goin high 20s low 30s, crazy stand hard thrashing just no canola, heard from a few guys now same thing sadly. Did some wheat that didnt catch alot rain and it went 42 so we were happynwith that atleast

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fields here pretty dissapointing so far canola been goin high 20s low 30s, crazy stand hard thrashing just no canola, heard from a few guys now same thing sadly. Did some wheat that didnt catch alot rain and it went 42 so we were happynwith that atleast
Swath or straight cut? I am going to attempt to straight cut all my irrigation canola this year. It's lodged and thick, hope there's a few seeds in it.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Swath or straight cut? I am going to attempt to straight cut all my irrigation canola this year. It's lodged and thick, hope there's a few seeds in it.
This stuff was swathed we havnt gotten into the straight cut stuff yet, we have straight cut some heavey crops without any issues but sometime it takes a while to dry down after desication sometimes have to go back to get certain areas, with the 80km winds we been havin the doing circles all day in the combine gets old quick

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hearing some reports of single digit yield on dry land canola. $12.50/bu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom