Farmer talk

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Were at 50% xouple thousand to go wheat is very noice canola is not bery nice think were gunna be dropping canola acres next year ch!t dont grow wnd costs to much to grow

That’s interesting
Best canola crop we’ve had in years down here. I’m calling it my birthday canola
Lentil acres are shelved here. Basically a wreck
Durum and wheat has been pretty good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That’s interesting
Best canola crop we’ve had in years down here. I’m calling it my birthday canola
Lentil acres are shelved here. Basically a wreck
Durum and wheat has been pretty good as well.

Our canola runnin far worse then last year wheat about the same but there no reason after 14 inches of rain why the canola couldnt take 2 weeksnof heat and it dont matter early of late canola it seems but thats farming

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our canola runnin far worse then last year wheat about the same but there no reason after 14 inches of rain why the canola couldnt take 2 weeksnof heat and it dont matter early of late canola it seems but thats farming

You guys got used to 50+ plus canola !!!
Forget how good you had it while rest of us in drought land struggled to break 20 for several years
Really turns a guy off a crop when you are losing big money per ac

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys got used to 50+ plus canola !!!
Forget how good you had it while rest of us in drought land struggled to break 20 for several years
Really turns a guy off a crop when you are losing big money per ac

Hate to break it to ya but we havnt had 50+ canola in 5+ years over here, we been on the crop insurance train last 5 years on canola, im just saying with canola turning into more of a headache then anything here gunna prob drop decent chunk canola acres next year and go more pulses and cereals

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big canola country up there for sure always was jealous of the stands and how thick they looked
Using scic isn’t fun either. No money in that and now your premium is thru roof with less coverage
We doubled canola acres this spring as pulses just aren’t working out not that $12 canola does 1 big rain and they are all dead. Have to much disease in the soil now from poor rotation choices. Lentils durum lentils
Might have to think about barley

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any thoughts that Canola prices might increase with the new Canola plants being built and expanded?

Possibly reducing crush margins and passing more revenue back to farmers.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some experts are saying that the China problem will drop prices significantly and are recommending farmers think twice about growing canola next year.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
92sjkh.jpg

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bigger combines mean bigger headersView attachment 287223
Big headers are great when conditions are nice and dry, things come to a quick halt when it gets tough! Running a 50’ MD on this 10.9 and I was cursing it the other night in some soft white at 0.8 mph. But 4.8 mph this morn tho in tinder dry oats!

Attachments

• 9AB0B446-CBF6-42A5-9C3D-4E99681A3754.jpeg
    9AB0B446-CBF6-42A5-9C3D-4E99681A3754.jpeg
    535.4 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you even see the end of that fuggin thing from the cab?
At 61 feet in the dark and dust you'd never be able to see it, even with the 50's if you loose guidance for some reason it gets nearly impossible to operate efficiently at all

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long till they have to put cameras on the ends so you can see what’s happening over there?

Top Bottom