Farmer talk

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New 150 sprayers have them lol
Good plan. Lots of guys use aftermarket cameras on their combines in hopper and end of unload auger as well as inside tanks on air drills. Very handy but haven’t heard of guys hanging them on end of headers

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
IMG_2272.png

Guy can’t get a break, rain stopped us last night too, it’s September why are we still getting thunderstorms.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our farm is what i consider a family farm others may veiw it dif or have a dif take on a family farm but my wife, sisters and brother, brother in law all take time off from there fulltime jobs or help when they can because they enjoy harvest and want to run combines or grain cart. This seems to be a thing of the past in most farming operations these days, heres a little video my brother shot today

Attachments

• copy_12CA1151-50F3-4CF0-ADE9-6BD671B64194.mov
    151.2 MB
Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our farm is what i consider a family farm others may veiw it dif or have a dif take on a family farm but my wife, sisters and brother, brother in law all take time off from there fulltime jobs or help when they can because they enjoy harvest and want to run combines or grain cart. This seems to be a thing of the past in most farming operations these days, heres a little video my brother shot today
Can’t get to play?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool video, Dumb question, Why the grain cart, why not load directly into the truck

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool video, Dumb question, Why the grain cart, why not load directly into the truck
With multiple combines it’s way better to have a grain cart run around the field than a big truck. Better flotation as well if the ground is soft. Better to fill the truck by the road and send him to the bins than run him around the field.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya grain cart is much needed especially with super b or big chunks of land where the combine wastes to much time driving back to the trucks plus we can fill the truvks to a legal weight and no were are good as loading some crops from combine it very easy to overload trucks. I would say in our area 98% of people have them, i would also rather run one combine one cart then 2 combines honestly its a pretty drastic dif in acres when one combine can roll all day 0 stops

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy, widen out that chopper spread and drop the bottom sieve a couple mills, she's pretty dirty!! lol..... sorry somebody's gotta be that guy!

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy, widen out that chopper spread and drop the bottom sieve a couple mills, she's pretty dirty!! lol..... sorry somebody's gotta be that guy!
Dockage is free,grain out the back isnt, if u got a clean sample in the 690s your throwing over we have found

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup! You can ship dockage, can't sell loss!
I'm just hassling you!
struggle trying to get our 790 under 1-1.2 bu/ac! 10.9 running along side it is consistently under a1/2 bushel with a 50' MD... that said I still aint sold on yellow!

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup! You can ship dockage, can't sell loss!
I'm just hassling you!
struggle trying to get our 790 under 1-1.2 bu/ac! 10.9 running along side it is consistently under a1/2 bushel with a 50' MD... that said I still aint sold on yellow!
Ya the deeres just keep running but are a tougher beast to keep the grain in, we pretty much have to stay 3.0 to keep losses down, the nhs guys that have them love them, but they seem to have there own issues its deere wnd claas country over here

Top Bottom