Starlink Mobile Questions

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Surprised Telus and Rogers aren't whining about it too.
I don’t know why they would be whining, its not like those companies have service when starlink will, Rogers is the only Canadian company who partnered with starlink so far.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Starlink discontinued the Gen 2 (motorized) and the Gen 3 is now available in Canada. Is it a worthwhile upgrade I wonder, with the new Generation modem with more sq ft coverage and better cords?
I don not like the manual setup of the Gen 3 and that will really limit the guys who have them mounted on trucks. My Gen 2 has a mobile option now on my app.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don’t know why they would be whining, its not like those companies have service when starlink will, Rogers is the only Canadian company who partnered with starlink so far.
Because the have a monopoly on cell services and have been lobbying the government to not allow more competition in Canada.
We have the highest cell costs in the world.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The day will come when humans can connect too the real world with their mind...

They say it will be free for the first years until tech companies figure out a way too charge for it...

A buck and a 1/2 too see the trees,,, it's in the song...

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So Starlink discontinued the Gen 2 (motorized) and the Gen 3 is now available in Canada. Is it a worthwhile upgrade I wonder, with the new Generation modem with more sq ft coverage and better cords?
I don not like the manual setup of the Gen 3 and that will really limit the guys who have them mounted on trucks. My Gen 2 has a mobile option now on my app.
I bought a Gen 3 the other day on their promotion sale of $199. I like that they added ethernet ports on the new extended range router. Will also allow you to use the old Gen 2 routers as mesh nodes. Will definitely be easier for mounting/transport/storage.

The new mini would be cool but not yet offered here. I've seen that people are using a PD port type C plug for power, that would make them super portable running off a PD battery pack. I doubt those will go on sale for $199 though. They are currently $600 USD.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Gen 3 the other day on their promotion sale of $199. I like that they added ethernet ports on the new extended range router. Will also allow you to use the old Gen 2 routers as mesh nodes. Will definitely be easier for mounting/transport/storage.

The new mini would be cool but not yet offered here. I've seen that people are using a PD port type C plug for power, that would make them super portable running off a PD battery pack. I doubt those will go on sale for $199 though. They are currently $600 USD.
So it is possible to use a Gen 2 router with a gen 3 to mesh them interesting.

5Lgreenback

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Is it possible to turn the wifi off and just use ethernet with this system then?

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick question about starlink. Can you stream anything through this? Have a buddy that is looking for a Shaw satellite system for his cabin . He is very technology limited and struggles with it. As far as a fire stick and stremio it would be too much trouble for him

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a quick question about starlink. Can you stream anything through this? Have a buddy that is looking for a Shaw satellite system for his cabin . He is very technology limited and struggles with it. As far as a fire stick and stremio it would be too much trouble for him
absolutely you can

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go with star link I'm in change mode right now

get a couple of apps like prime and stack tv

lot of free stuff on roku tv

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shaw was 191 bux a month tired for paying for crappy tv a rain cloud would appear tv would disappear

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have Star link and have Roku TV in the holiday trailer. Lots of free stuffs can access and get Netflix and Prime as we subscribe no issue. Bought TSN app for a month so can watch football and nascar while camping in the evenings. Star link is amazing

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
f262080eeb684e6027da94fce0398a3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any of you guys getting starlink from costco? Friend told me its 50% off

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just got one. sick deal for 200$ but only one costco in edmonton area had any left and that was last week.

only issue is its just the standard package so if you want to permanently mount it you'll need a different mount from amazon for the gen3. It only comes with a kickstand style tripod

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$200 damn that's a kick in the teeth when I paid $600 back in february.

Top Bottom