Renshaw bridge repair

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Province made millions of dollars off of the logging operations back there and there's no funds left too keep the road/ trail open it seems...

Sad too think,,, since its all right there when it comes too Winter Activities,,, Sport and hobby which also keeps the community going...

I bet the Community of Mcbride generates millions in tax revenue off of Snowmobiling each year ...

Perhaps the powers that be over looked this,,, even if the Province invest some coin they will definitely see a return on those funds easy in the following years...

A win win for the Town and Province...

Just saying is all

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are already folks on here bitching about the price of the trail passes and the quality of grooming. Can you imagine the f!@#$%g whining if the price of the trail pass increased to cover the cost of the snow making?

Unfortuneatly this is not a small problem with an easy fix. This is going to take some work with the gornement to convince them that the Trail is more valuable to "all" in operational condition.
Snowmaking is cheaper than a million dollar bridge and would be better than no revenue without access.
$10k in expense isn't hard to make up.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, But others may not. Just saying that the general public doesn't know the expense of maintaining a trail system.

I don't know how these snow bridges would hold up. The river runs continously all winter, how do you keep it from washing away the snow bridge?

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The water required for those snow cannons is highly filtered high quality, and they plug up easily if you don't have that. They used them a few years ago in Alberta Beach for making a snow drag track and the water bill from the town was almost as much as the rental of the cannon.
Yeah I'm aware, I'd just about guarantee the water in that creek is far cleaner than the water I've pulled out of muskeg holes, lakes and rivers in Northern Albert to make snow bridges and pipeline crossings.

There enough water supply there you wouldn't need to haul it in, as far as pricing goes, if riders don't want to pay the extra $20 tell them there are plenty of other areas to ride.

Could post the snow bridge bill at the shack... 🤔

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, But others may not. Just saying that the general public doesn't know the expense of maintaining a trail system.

I don't know how these snow bridges would hold up. The river runs continously all winter, how do you keep it from washing away the snow bridge?
Once the water makes a path through the snow they continue to flow. Put your first couple lifts in and the water will cut a path through. We have aslo used rig mats to help with making a channell under the main part of the bridge. Soaking the snow with water as you push your lifts on is also very important and helps maintain the structure at the bottom.

We have had to put culverts in the od time to help maintain to proper flow, then fill the snow in over top of that. Just about always with a snow cat, but some times there is excavator help.

Top Bottom