Renshaw bridge repair

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see a couple ways a guy could get in but I guess the question is who’s gonna drive all the way out from Alberta and try to bash their way in. Once a trail gets popular it’ll be so whooped out nobody will wanna use it anyway
It happens to lots of zones that are not managed.

79TXL

Reaction score
Its too bad foresty stumped this trail up too Renn,,, it would of been the easiest way with a few zig-zags or a point and shoot line for sleds on boost

If your down at the far end ( from up top ) a person can see the old old logging road down below...

Im not sure how steep it is off the end,,, the old cut-block is right there,,, mind you is was 2012 back then,,, the friggin trees are probably 40 + ft tall,,, theres a hiking trail on the other side,,, probably no motorized travel (Hells roaring fall's trail.)

The other likely climb is the other valley shoot to the west of that valley...

It would lead too the big rock ,,, 10 too 1 there's a steep ledge in the way... just below the Plateau of the ( big rock)...

It's definitely a climb for the hiking folks

Oh,,, and the shoot,,, I'm not going there,,, its a bastard after its been hit by a few sled,,, like my old friend said,,, dropping off of it is a last resort,,, climbing it after its been hit is almost impossible even with the best of riders,,, We've only seen it as a ice shoot...

Its not an option with low snow accumulation and winds that don't carry it over...

When they logged up there it opened the doorway too the Renn,,, easier access and groom-ible...

Forestry knew this all along,,, they must of been on board with this since they allowed it too become the snowmobile trail in...

It's one nice sledding area

I was working at the back of there last winter. I was far enough back I was just below Renshaw and could see sledders.
You are almost 130 km by truck if the morkill is plowed. Then getting up there would be a challenge. A road is being built further back next year to cut some blocks and it will be doable.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not yet the approval just went thru friday afternoon. Be a couple weeks is my guess before they have everything ready for public information.
As catmandoo said they said riding area is approx same as renshaw and they may need to put a parking lot in
Is it Still within a few minutes of mcbride or is it going to be an adventure getting there... either way we'll be there.

79TXL

Reaction score
Is it Still within a few minutes of mcbride or is it going to be an adventure getting there... either way we'll be there.
Up the Holmes(Beaver) FSR. 19km up then another 7 km up Tommies. Logging up there this year for the start of the winter so will be plowed for a bit.

79TXL

Reaction score
Logging if I understood correctly will end in a few weeks so wont effect sledders season
Lots of bad info going around. Still one block up there to be cut that the road isn't even finished to yet. After that logging will be done for good up there.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of bad info going around. Still one block up there to be cut that the road isn't even finished to yet. After that logging will be done for good up there.
I understand what your saying I wasnt meaning logging done completely up there this year but was told by a local on the board that the logging for this year will end in 2 weeks, then they have a few things to do to get ready for sledders.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is a gravel pit up there that’s going to be used as a parking lot, Needs a little tlc and then it should be good. And no cabin for the first 2 years. 12 kilometres before mcbride just past the bridge at homes river bridge. Turn right and 2 k up .

79TXL

Reaction score
There is a gravel pit up there that’s going to be used as a parking lot, Needs a little tlc and then it should be good. And no cabin for the first 2 years. 12 kilometres before mcbride just past the bridge at homes river bridge. Turn right and 2 k up .
Gravel pit is just before km 19 on Holmes FSR. Then left 7km to road up.
Road just past Holmes river bridge is little falls pit and gated.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they are going up the Holms anyway why can't that way be used to access the Renshaw as well?? It's been 25 years since I've been into Renshaw that way but I didn't think it was that bad at the time or am I wrong?

79TXL

Reaction score
If they are going up the Holms anyway why can't that way be used to access the Renshaw as well?? It's been 25 years since I've been into Renshaw that way but I didn't think it was that bad at the time or am I wrong?
Some people still do. Avy Danger is too high to make it a permanent club trail.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they are going up the Holms anyway why can't that way be used to access the Renshaw as well?? It's been 25 years since I've been into Renshaw that way but I didn't think it was that bad at the time or am I wrong
Some people still do. Avy Danger is too high to make it a permanent club trail!
Yah I guess there are a couple of spicy patches that way!
I'm amazed 'and a little disappointed' lol that Tommy creek got the approvals necessary for club use but good work to the club and all those involved! What a huge win for all of us! Will the club still try to push for bridge repairs into Renshaw so that both areas could be used in the future?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
If they are going up the Holms anyway why can't that way be used to access the Renshaw as well?? It's been 25 years since I've been into Renshaw that way but I didn't think it was that bad at the time or am I wrong

Yah I guess there are a couple of spicy patches that way!
I'm amazed 'and a little disappointed' lol that Tommy creek got the approvals necessary for club use but good work to the club and all those involved! What a huge win for all of us! Will the club still try to push for bridge repairs into Renshaw so that both areas could be used in the future?
Chatted with the new groomer guy yesterday at the swap meet at the snow show. He says 2025/2026 season will see the return of access to the renshaw

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the news of Tommy Creek is fantastic! When has there been a new area opened up anywhere? It's pretty much unheard of nowadays. This will be very welcomed for the town, I'm sure, and all of us sledders. I know I was very disappointed about Renshaw, as many others were. The new sledmcbride.ca website is also pretty good, if you haven't checked that out. The club guys were pretty excited for Tommy Creek, and said they will be adding it to the website as soon as they get the details worked out, which should be soon. They figured grooming up there before Christmas. I can't wait to check it out!

Top Bottom