Renshaw bridge repair

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been over 20 years since I've been to Renshaw, what's the span of this bridge and how deep?
We have a permit to build a snow bridge across one of our Creek Crossings because we couldn't afford a bridge that could support the groomer.
We built this bridge last fall
PXL_20231014_220608202.jpg

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its gonna stay pretty smooth if thats the only way across im thinkin

There is plenty of ways across, the trail was a nightmare last year, buddies went the end of march, took 3 hours to get in, both of them destroyed their drivers and slight damage to tracks on the doo turbos. I’m glad I was in Wyoming riding at the time or I would of been with them and probably done the same lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not 30+ km though through a low snow valley, lots of other areas south by vale and blue, no need to piss blood to get to the goods

I wouldnt do it for renshaw either thats forsure.

I know lots of people like it, but not exactly my favorite area.

I dont care if they ever fix the bridge. But good luck mcbride.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt do it for renshaw either thats forsure.

I know lots of people like it, but not exactly my favorite area.

I dont care if they ever fix the bridge. But good luck mcbride.

Ya I like riding there once in a while but I prefer blue river areas more so. However that is mcbrides bread and butter area and I hope they get some luck on their side and get it opened up for grooming again. That town has it hard enough as it is

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ppkm
Ya I like riding there once in a while but I prefer blue river areas more so. However that is mcbrides bread and butter area and I hope they get some luck on their side and get it opened up for grooming again. That town has it hard enough as it is

I dont know, they were kinda being putz's about corona lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just saw the old Valemount aluminum bridge for the sled ski area for sale on Marketplace. Doubt it will fit the groomer though.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the gate currently closed / locked to prevent vehicle traffic from crossing the bridge?

greenthumb you say that he admits all bridges need work but the first one requires major upgrades, did he mention what (if any) needed doing to the other bridges?

Just trying to brainstorm if a groomer could be left on the 2.5km lot across from the first bridge, to groom the trail up. Can't remember if there are 2 or just 1 in circulation for the company that took over grooming this past year. And then i guess you'd still need to find a 'safe' way to get it across....

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the gate currently closed / locked to prevent vehicle traffic from crossing the bridge?

greenthumb you say that he admits all bridges need work but the first one requires major upgrades, did he mention what (if any) needed doing to the other bridges?

Just trying to brainstorm if a groomer could be left on the 2.5km lot across from the first bridge, to groom the trail up. Can't remember if there are 2 or just 1 in circulation for the company that took over grooming this past year. And then i guess you'd still need to find a 'safe' way to get it across....
We didn't get too deep into specifics, but it sounds like the other repairs are minor. Assessments are done by a 3rd party and all have been derated to 0 tons. From a liability perspective, I don't think the gov't is going to overlook that.
It was a pretty hard no that there would be grooming there this season, but sounds like there may be an alternative area for a groomed trail. The plan is apparently in the works and will be released in a few weeks.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We didn't get too deep into specifics, but it sounds like the other repairs are minor. Assessments are done by a 3rd party and all have been derated to 0 tons. From a liability perspective, I don't think the gov't is going to overlook that.
It was a pretty hard no that there would be grooming there this season, but sounds like there may be an alternative area for a groomed trail. The plan is apparently in the works and will be released in a few weeks.
Thanks for reaching out to them and sharing your findings, will be curious to know the outcome and to talk with the Club at Sled Show this year about it.

Alternative area to sled with a groomed trail??? Hmmmm......

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can be installed just before riding season and removed afterwards if required. Lots of fellow sledders in the oilfield. Could get a good deal or maybe even donated.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other option, lift the groomer and drag over and leave it parked on the uphill side. Transport the fuel and oil over.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Other option, lift the groomer and drag over and leave it parked on the uphill side. Transport the fuel and oil over.
This could be done with a crane matt as a float for the groomer and drag seperat lifts.
Likely a 350-500 ton AT to drive in to reach across.
Needs numbers to calculate but very possible to do. Weight up the crane in parking lot and loop arond on road to booth and in.
Cost a few $$$ to do, been away from mid sized cranes for a few years.
We just use 200T and under here.
I'd toss in $500 to help if it was actually gonna happen.
Pretty sure rest of group would put in another $500.
Just a total stab in the dark but I would say a 30K+ job when all done.
Crane, flatbed with weights and crane mat not cheap to bring in for a day unless a member owns one.
Would need a few more donaters to step up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom