Renshaw bridge repair

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know the costs,,, im sure theres some data some where on the government web site...

That bridge is a bit of over-kill for what We had up in Northern albetra and bc,,, normally we'd thrash up the embankments push the bridge across the river with a cat and tug it up the far side embankment with a hoe on the opposite side...

We'd lay in 1 or 3 bridges a day if the heavy hual units could keep up...

High Sierra spur roads,,, pink mountain and area ,,, Hudson hope and lots of other Northern locations... We'd do ice bridges for the Rainbow lk cut across...

Crossing are Our friends,,, David Thompson wished he had some...
wow, rugged country up there. Lem.

dow chemical hauled a reactor/catalyst from Japan on a boat. couldn't cross most of the bridges on the way, so could only move in winter and had to build ice bridges to carry the load. 90,000 tons? can't imagine the amount of work done up north?

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When has the government in the last 9 years truly done anything to actually help the people of Canada???
If they had their way, they would let us all burn and bring in the immigrants.
I am of the belief now, that if we want it done we have to do it ourselves.
but first we have to get rid of those parasites in Ottawa

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I located the following information today on the BC government website:

Renshaw Trail (REC6822) - Previously known as McKale River Parks Road off Mountain View FSR
Bridge at 2.6km (G3-119) downrated to 0 tonnes
Bridge at15km (G3-121) downrated to 0 tonnes
Bridge at 16km (G3-122) downrated to 0 tonnes
Bridge at 18km (G3-123) downrated to 0 tonnes
All bridges on trail closed to all traffic. This includes recreational vehicles such as ATV, UTV & snowmobile.

Repairs and/or replacement of these bridges will be ex
Humm I thought it was just one bridge. Well that just makes no sense, all of a sudden all of these bridges will not hold any weight but their own.
Interesting.

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We heard rumors theres a Sacred first nations burial grounds up there,,, i guess the government will have too fix the bridges...

Id get hold of the Chief and get it done...

Life is simple that way,,, if the band says yes its a go...

Just saying is all...

Don

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 5.02.07 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 4.57.28 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 4.58.02 PM.png

Here is what I got so far. I tried calling but did not get an answer. I will try again next week.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I finally talked to the powers that be.
Bit of a convoluted story, but;
Basically, the logging contracts (and therefore the responsibility to maintain the bridges) ended back in 2009. The Ministry and subsequently Sites and Trails BC essentially adopted the bridges as a means to keep them and the trails open to the general public. They are evaluated periodically for structural/safety. While they all need some maintenance, the first bridge requires some major work to the tune of ~$1.6M. It will need to be repaired/replaced with funding secured by grants etc. as the cost far exceeds the operating budget for the area. There is pretty much no chance this work will take place in time for this season, but he sounded hopeful that it would be good to go for the following year. Alternate routes in were considered, but the avalanche risk and costs to mitigate was too great. A plan and timeline is in the works and it sounds like there will be an announcement in the coming weeks in regards to this season.
The good news is that there is no intention to shut down access to the Renshaw area and the guy responsible for the region sounds like an advocate for sledding and the local club.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really hope they get this figured out and can groom a trail in there this year. In what is possibly my last year riding, I’d like to get a couple days riding back in the renshaws, but I will not bash 30+ km on monster moguls in there anymore to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can get a crane and set a steel span bridge in there temporarily for out door enthusiasts. Atv’s, snowmobiles and groomer for cheaper then 1.6 mil.
Must be made in china and transported across the ocean for that price.
Sounds like we could all benefit from your expertise and experience. When are you available to start?

Top Bottom