Looking at a renegade.

bruteforce650

Reaction score
What are some pros and cons on the renegade. I like to trail ride and go into mud and just play around. I have a 07 Bruteforce 650 now but i want more power.

Sweigh

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stop looking, go buy. I don't ever intend to sell mine. The only thing I would not do on my gade is any hardcore jumps (more than 10 feet), but other than that the world is my oyster.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 750 efi brute and if I had the extra cash I would sell and get a renegade without any thoughts. GO BUY ONE!!! Then only look back long enough to see how far back your buddies are.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2010 models have more power and 2 stage power steering.
This puts the Gade in a class of it`s own....

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, it sounds like the only quirks have been worked out. In 07 they had a single brake level and that sucked (fixed in 08). Sweigh and I both opted for the 08's, with no regrets. To the guys used to utility quads, the 08 renegade steering felt heavy and it was wide between the legs. You get used to it quickly, and the harder you ride it the better it feels. If they have power steering and more power? I can't think of a single thing wrong with it. Keep up with your sport quad buddies and kick butt with your utility type friends. It's even a blast on the dunes and whoops...try that on a king quad (no good, trust me)

Everytime the warden trys to get me to sell it for a side x side, I just have to go to the garage and look at it. Then I fall in love all over again. It's a rare kind of love....like your first puppy, or that last bottle of Captain Morgan on a long road trip.

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG00150.jpg

Ahhh. It made the sport fun again.

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, my hunting buddies complain about the lack of rack...cuz I make them haul my stuff. Truth is, there is a nice little rack you can add, but it would just slow me down and stop me from jumping stuff....and that's just crazy talk.

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This my first ride out, before the wide fenders....and before I learned how to ride the thing. Little tip, stand on one side so two wheels touch and light but steady throttle so the diff-lock kicks in. Once I figured it out, I walked right out of the hole that stopped every other machine and side x side with us.

zeker

Reaction score
Trackside in Olds quoted me $10,800+tax. Cheaper than last year by quite a bit I think. I'm lookin too.

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trackside in Olds quoted me $10,800+tax. Cheaper than last year by quite a bit I think. I'm lookin too.

That sounds pretty good. I paid $11,000 even, including GST, Mudlite XTRs and the extended warranty. That was just the regular model, not the x.

Top Bottom