Hey lhf!!!

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
DSC_0030.jpg

I hope my build turns out as nice as this ride! As said before, I dont care who or what, this is a nice freakin sled!:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sure is.

yup, figured as much - keeping the jackshaft inside the bulkhead is the main reason a lot of people used the ZX case.

Your drop and roll is not as big as you want people to believe, based on that information. Keeping the jackshaft in the bulkhead just sucked up the extra length of the zx case, your drop and roll wasn't that much. If you would have told me that you had a zx chaincase and the jackshaft was now in the tunnel, I might have been impressed.

It was a good try at a smoke and mirrors trick to make people think your ZX case meant you had a big drop and roll. :rolleyes:

Refer to crankshop's pic:
You do have a nice approach angle, in part due to your short travel front suspension - but your bellypan ride height is only 6". You could stand to use a few more inches of clearance up front IMO, but you'll have to compromise a degree or two of approach angle.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup, figured as much - keeping the jackshaft inside the bulkhead is the main reason a lot of people used the ZX case.

Your drop and roll is not as big as you want people to believe, based on that information. Keeping the jackshaft in the bulkhead just sucked up the extra length of the zx case, your drop and roll wasn't that much. If you would have told me that you had a zx chaincase and the jackshaft was now in the tunnel, I might have been impressed.

It was a good try at a smoke and mirrors trick to make people think your ZX case meant you had a big drop and roll. :rolleyes:

Refer to crankshop's pic:
You do have a nice approach angle, in part due to your short travel front suspension - but your bellypan ride height is only 6". You could stand to use a few more inches of clearance up front IMO, but you'll have to compromise a degree or two of approach angle.

My bad it was 420 in the morn. Yes the jackshaft is in the tunnel. Also I am running 8 tooth 3.0 pitch drivers so that helps a little with the attack angle as well.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bad it was 420 in the morn. Yes the jackshaft is in the tunnel. Also I am running 10 tooth 3.0 pitch drivers so that helps a little with the attack angle as well.

cool. sounds like it was probably dropped and pulled quite a bit then, for sure the drivers are helping you out there. I'm impressed. :D

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cool. sounds like it was probably dropped and pulled quite a bit then, for sure the drivers are helping you out there. I'm impressed. :D

From the bottom of the bulkhead to the ground it is 8.5 in. Also from the tip of the 2.5 in track to the bulkhead my head will fit inside.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like it...color and all. At least you can walk out of the cabin and know which sled is yours. There's so many belly-button sleds out there, the only way people can tell them apart is by the license plate.

dirtball08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if lhf ties his colorful sled down with the pretty pink rachet straps in the background of that picture? Just wondering.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not a bad lookin sled,sounds like you put some work into her,like the blue would of went with somthing other then green but hey to each there own,Im sure it goes plenty good for a middle aged guy like me but Ill keep my xp now if got used to riding it:)

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like it...color and all. At least you can walk out of the cabin and know which sled is yours. There's so many belly-button sleds out there, the only way people can tell them apart is by the license plate.

That's why I put my name on mine.

Top Bottom