Conditions (McBride)

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were in the back of the Renshaw on Friday and there was a lot of untracked snow but it has set up. Snowed over nite so will let you know this afternoon what it is like as we are walking out of the house to do it again in the Renshaw. Would have posted last nite but had to go out on a SAR and was to tired when I got home. -1 as of now. Snow is expected for the next 8-10 days. Hope it happens.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Some locals (and RCMP) got concerned that a truck with Alberta plates had been parked on the road to Rainbow falls (McBride Mountain) since Wednesday. Alot of skiers and ice climbers go up that way. Anyways, they were worried that someone may have needed help out there and called out the SAR.

The boys got to the top of the mountain and found the ski tracks and called in to HQ to report. At about the same time, the RCMP got ahold of someone through the truck registration and found out that they were skiers that were camping in the back country and not due to come out until Monday, and that there was really no need to be concerned. These guys apparently do these back country ski trips all the time.

At that point the search was called off, since there was really no need. I guess if the guys don't show up at their truck by Tuesday morning, then the SAR will go looking for real.

You would think that the skiers would have had enough smarts going for them that they would check in with the RCMP before leaving their truck parked out there on the mountain for five or six days.

Hat's off to all those involved with Search and Rescue. They go out there no matter what, and it's no small endeavor. The Search and Rescue Van and Equipment goes out, there's coordination with RCMP and Ambulance, communications setup, mapping, GPS, not to mention the manpower and machines involved. All done by volunteers.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back from Renshaw, what a day. Untouched snow all day long and very good conditions in the PM for visibility. Many stories and very little carnage. Rode the Nitro Turbo, I am very impressed with this machine, very fast to the top of any hill and it stands up to smoking a very large tree on the decent. No damage, rider's ego only. We have an RMK with piston shot sitting at the bottom of a hole that we can't pull it out of, so had to tear down engine and make a list of parts needed. Back next week to fix. No camera so will wait for pictures from others and then post.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Renshaw today with Firefly and his gang. Had a blast, tons of untouched snow and sunshine all day. Riding a borrowed sled from Ron(Firefly) thank-you very much. Tried real hard to wreck it by doing a multiple end over end, my only concern was to save the sled so I placed my body between it and the ground a couple of times. Not recomended, Nitro a bit heavy with momentum. In a bit of pain but all is well with the Nitro, no damage. Thank god for Tek-vest, saved my ribs again. Manny smoked a large tree with M7, a bit of damage to front end, but finished the day out. Pictures on another riders camera.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what we like to hear.... having fun and supporting the economy at the same time.... :thumbsup2:

Were you wearing a helmet cam,... the end over end video would be awesome.... ;)

I thought cats were great a climbing trees.....

Hopefully you've only got bruised ribs... and nothing more.. :shots:

I can sympathize with your end over end..... did that a couple years ago without the vest and got lucky.....

Rode Renshaw today with Firefly and his gang. Had a blast, tons of untouched snow and sunshine all day. Riding a borrowed sled from Ron(Firefly) thank-you very much. Tried real hard to wreck it by doing a multiple end over end, my only concern was to save the sled so I placed my body between it and the ground a couple of times. Not recomended, Nitro a bit heavy with momentum. In a bit of pain but all is well with the Nitro, no damage. Thank god for Tek-vest, saved my ribs again. Manny smoked a large tree with M7, a bit of damage to front end, but finished the day out. Pictures on another riders camera.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got back last night from Mcbride after two days of riding. Rode Renshaw monday sunny skies and still some good snow if you want to go looking for it. Barry flipped over riding the Nytro!!! No really!! So glad he wasn't hurt, nice soft snow for the two of them to cuddle on the ride down. My next investment! A Tex Vest!

Rode Bell Tuesday another nice day found some great play areas.

Trails both days were top notch and drop dead flat! Thanks Boys.

Thanks again to Barry and Judy first class all the way! Another wonderful trip to Mcbride!

Pics to come!

doublek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics at Lucille from last weekend.

Attachments

• P2240655.jpg
    P2240655.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 225
  • P2240660.jpg
    P2240660.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 219
  • P2240661.jpg
    P2240661.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 218

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sunshine all day and no snow that was forcast, maybe tomorrow. Guest are up renshaw today so will let you know what they encountered for snow.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boys just got back from Renshaw and found 8-12 inches of fresh and alot of untracked snow. I hope it snow's tonite like they say it is going to. Should be good for us on the weekend.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Barry.... Let's keep doing that snow dance..... 3' would be nice, every couple of days for the next couple of weeks.... :D

The boys just got back from Renshaw and found 8-12 inches of fresh and alot of untracked snow. I hope it snow's tonite like they say it is going to. Should be good for us on the weekend.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First chance to post. New engine ran like a dream and it got put to the test right away. 2-2.5 feet of new fresh powder all day in the Blackwater and snowing so heavy last nite when we came down I would think all our tracks would have been covered. Ric and Glen will let you know as they went back up today. Sunny today so they should have some fun. Up Lucille today to check on the cabin and snow conditions. No snow compared to the renshaw but still could find some snow to play in.

CdnWrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey BBToys...

Glad to hear your baby is pur...............ring ;)

Awesome snow... :D

First chance to post. New engine ran like a dream and it got put to the test right away. 2-2.5 feet of new fresh powder all day in the Blackwater and snowing so heavy last nite when we came down I would think all our tracks would have been covered. Ric and Glen will let you know as they went back up today. Sunny today so they should have some fun. Up Lucille today to check on the cabin and snow conditions. No snow compared to the renshaw but still could find some snow to play in.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to here that you got your sled back and she's running good, thanks for the snow report!:D:D:D

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad to hear your sled is working good for you,Also happy to hear about new snow.Looking forward to Ric and Glens pictures!
catmando!

Top Bottom