Conditions (McBride)

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First chance to post. New engine ran like a dream and it got put to the test right away. 2-2.5 feet of new fresh powder all day in the Blackwater and snowing so heavy last nite when we came down I would think all our tracks would have been covered. Ric and Glen will let you know as they went back up today. Sunny today so they should have some fun. Up Lucille today to check on the cabin and snow conditions. No snow compared to the renshaw but still could find some snow to play in.

Sounds good I'm getting the steep and deep itch again, I just have to get my clutches fixed again :mad: I think the secondary spring is broken!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ALL I CAN SAY IS POW....WOW!!!! THANKS BARRY, FOR HANIN' WITH US YESTERDAY, AND YOU WOULDA LIKE IT TODAY.... THE FARTHER EAST YOU WENT AT RENSHAW, THE MORE SNOW THERE WAS.... WE WERE THE FIRST OVER THE FIRST SADDLE, AND THE SNOW WAS AT LEAST 2 TO 3 FT.... THERE WERE NO OTHER TRACKS IN THE BACKSIDE ON THE LAKE... IT WAS FRIGGIN' UNBELIEVEABLE!!! SNOW WAS UP OVER THE HOODS AT ALL TIMES... WAY COOL. BARRYS SLED SEEMED TO BE RUNNIN' PRETTY GOOD, YESTERDAY AND WE TRACKED UP THE MEADOWS PRETTY GOOD. BBTOYS(BARRY) LIT UP THE "BB" Q PIT AND WE HAD "BLACKWATER" RIBS... THERE WAS ALMOST A FOOT OF NEW IN BLACKWATER, BUT NOT AS GOOD AS THE REST OF RENSHAW..... VERY LARGE AVY ON THE BACKSIDE, AS "THE" CORNICE BESIDE THE 1ST SADDLE LET GO AND PULLED A LOT OF SNOW DOWN THE VALLEY.... SNOW WAS STILL VERY SOFT IN THE MORNING WHEN WE BROKE THE TRAIL DOWN THE BACKSIDE AND THROUGH THE AVY TO THE LAKE... THE AVY WAS AT LEAST 3/4 MILE LONG... VERY COOL TO SEE. PICS TOMORROW NITE.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes we had some good snow and it snowed all nite and even a bit in town so should be a lot up top.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Ric. We were wondering when that big Cornice was going to come down! That thing was huge!

waitingforwinterguy

Reaction score
Three of us were up at Renshaw on Saturday and we got our butts handed to us by the snow. I am not sure the name of the ridge but we went over to the North east of the cabin that goes down into a valley full of trees. The snow had drifted over a lot and we couldn't make it back up. We made it most of the way to the top then the drift kept of from going over. We had to dig and pull the sleds the rest of the way over and it took us FIVE hours to get all three sleds up. By that time it was dark and still snowing. We were a little more than .5 mile from the cabin but it was so dark and snowy we couldn't see 5 feet in front of us. We had a GPS which I was able to use to get us back to the cabin and then down. By the time we got loaded it was midnight. I also heard the boom from the avy that you guys were talking about (just to add insult to injury) about 9 or 10 o'clock. We were luck in that we had a GPS, avy gear, water, and food but it sure does give you an eye opener when something like that happens. Sled safe everyone and be prepared, ya just NEVER know!

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
MCBRIDE AVALANCHE

Thanks for the update Ric. We were wondering when that big Cornice was going to come down! That thing was huge!

HERE'S THE PICS OF THE AFTERMATH.... WE WERE THE FIRST ONES OVER THE SWITCHBACK SADDLE(1ST SADDLE) AND THIS IS WHAT WE SAW...... PICS DON'T DOO IT JUSTICE... IT FLOWED DOWN THE VALLEY, AND REALLY LOOKED COOL.... WE BROKE THE TRAIL AND HAD TO RIDE DOWN PART OF THE AVY.... IT WAS VERY SOFT, AND HADN'T EVEN SET-UP YET....
PIC 1: ON TOP OF THE LITTLE SADDLE(OR 1ST SADDLE, OR SWITCHBACK SADDLE) / PIC 2: SHOWS WHERE THE CORNICE WAS AND THE TOP 3 - 4FT BREAKAWAY OF THE SURROUNDING SNOW LOAD / PIC 3: THE AVALANCHE "RIVER" DOWN THE VALLEY, THAT FOLLOWED THE CONTOUR... VERY COOL / PIC 4: BREAKING TRAIL AND RIDING DOWN MID TO LOWER AVY TO GET TO THE LAKE BELOW / PIC 5: BOTTOM OF THE AVY, JUST ABOVE THE LAKE......

Attachments

• 70.jpg
    70.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 137
  • 71.jpg
    71.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 73.jpg
    73.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 75.jpg
    75.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 76.jpg
    76.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow!! Have ridden there for seven years and this is the first time that I have seen that cornice broken loose. Spring could be wild when the cornices start calving.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is good news that it came down at night for sure. More snow over nite last nite, will be going up to the cabin at Renshaw to make sure it is clean for the Poker Rally and will let all know the snow up top.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These are from the second week of Feb.

Attachments

• Bell 001.jpg
    Bell 001.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 242
  • Bell 003.jpg
    Bell 003.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 245
  • Bell 006.jpg
    Bell 006.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 251
  • Bell 007.jpg
    Bell 007.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 243
  • Bell 008.jpg
    Bell 008.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 239

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
THIS WAS THE POW AND IT WAS STEEP AND "DEEP"..... THESE WERE TAKEN ON AND AROUND THE LAKE IN THE BACKSIDE OF RENSHAW JUST OVER THE 1ST SADDLE(LITTLE SADDLE, SWITCHBACK & MANY OTHER NAMES). WE WERE THE 1ST ONES IN AND AFTER THE AVY EXCITEMENT WE SHREDDED AS MUCH AS WE COULD FOR A COUPLE HOURS, BEFORE ANYONE ELSE CAME IN........ PIC 1 & 2 - SLEDDERGLEN SHREDDIN' SOME POW / PICS 2 & 3 - JR HIGHMARK ON THE 670X MOD(DETUNED) / PIC 5 - LOOKING DOWN ON THE LAKE FROM ALBERTA BOWL AND LOOKING TOWARDS THE LITTLE SADDLE(CAN YOU SEE ALL OUR MARKS? AND YOU CAN'T QUITE MAKE OUT THE HUGE AVY)

Attachments

• 80.jpg
    80.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 83.jpg
    83.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 82.jpg
    82.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 84.jpg
    84.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 85.jpg
    85.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 202

BigIQ?

Reaction score
Sweet pics, Looks like there's plenty of snow...;)
NosRX1 and the boys are headed there today.....wish i was with them...but alas...working is a drag sometimes...
Hope they have as much fun as it looks like you guys did...
Maybe they can post some pics when they get back...
Cheers...

THIS WAS THE POW AND IT WAS STEEP AND "DEEP"..... THESE WERE TAKEN ON AND AROUND THE LAKE IN THE BACKSIDE OF RENSHAW JUST OVER THE 1ST SADDLE(LITTLE SADDLE, SWITCHBACK & MANY OTHER NAMES). WE WERE THE 1ST ONES IN AND AFTER THE AVY EXCITEMENT WE SHREDDED AS MUCH AS WE COULD FOR A COUPLE HOURS, BEFORE ANYONE ELSE CAME IN........ PIC 1 & 2 - SLEDDERGLEN SHREDDIN' SOME POW / PICS 2 & 3 - JR HIGHMARK ON THE 670X MOD(DETUNED) / PIC 5 - LOOKING DOWN ON THE LAKE FROM ALBERTA BOWL AND LOOKING TOWARDS THE LITTLE SADDLE(CAN YOU SEE ALL OUR MARKS? AND YOU CAN'T QUITE MAKE OUT THE HUGE AVY)

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of snow in the back of Renshaw, no problem finding untouched and 1.5 - 2 feet deep. Going up tomorrow to make sure the cabin is ready for the Poker Rally on Sat.

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Barry a few of us from Jasper are headed down tommorow would love to see you there...we will be in a green long box f 150 Misfit myself and a one other buddy... cant miss us 07 Rev 04 race Rev and a 00 Summit 151 in the lovely yellow!

Top Bottom