Blue River Snow Report for December/07

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well TAz....guess we can just take a chance on blue :sadbanana:.....hell...i chance it riding by you everyday...

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
CALLING ALL SLEDDERS....

Blue River is STEEP & DEEP !!! POW-WOW BABY !!

A Couple of Guys staying at The Holy Smoke Inn said ....

I got off My sled and it was NECK Deep !!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I am not sure about which Trails have been Groomed but I know some of the Streets in Town have been Groomed ....

Last edited:

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is deep for sure but I'm not exactly sure who is taking a chance riding whoom 162skidoo:nono::eek: No carnage this time I think it was the deep deep soft stuff that saved you.:kissass:

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Avalanche Forecast.....:alarm:

Alpine....CONSIDERABLE

Treeline...MODERATE

Below Treeline...MODERATE

Travel Advisory....:alarm:

The Issue here is the facets and crust layer from early December will still be close enough to the surface that triggering a Avalanche on this Layer is more Probable.The resulting Avalanche from this kind of Event would have great destructive forces,enough to destroy a pickup for example.Avoiding Steep Convex features,choosing smaller features and lower angle terrain would be advisable unless you can confirm the weak layer is not a concern .For the entire region there is also potential for smaller soft slab avalanches may be easier to trigger in the Alpine, these will be running in the New Snow up to 30cms. deep and as well a older storm snow instability about 60 cms. down may still be lurking in Steep North aspects.

Snowpack....:alarm:

15-30cms. low density sits above the @100cm deep slab above the Dec.5 Crust and Facets

If anything changes I will post right away !!

I think it has snowed for the last 30 days straight here ...EXCELLENT....

I hope the Easter Bunny was good to Everyone !!

cheebbacheebba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Parberry Mtn today. 15 km trail to the Alpine was pretty rough as it has not been groomed for a long time but tons, tons, and more tons of snow at the top! Easily 3-4' of powder everywhere and more if you went farther back and explored. There were only 8 guys in the entire area all day. Poor visibilty due to the low cloud and snow but when the sun came out you could see around reasonably well.

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 144
  • Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Picture 020.jpg
    Picture 020.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 135

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Rode Parberry Mtn today. 15 km trail to the Alpine was pretty rough as it has not been groomed for a long time but tons, tons, and more tons of snow at the top! Easily 3-4' of powder everywhere and more if you went farther back and explored. There were only 8 guys in the entire area all day. Poor visibilty due to the low cloud and snow but when the sun came out you could see around reasonably well.
Great Pics !!
Parberry is BIG Avalanche Terrain !! CAUTION !!!
Parberry has HUGE Bowls but not to Safe to play in at this time.
I would Classify Parberry at Considerable Avalanche right now!
Please Play Smart and Safe

Grooming Donation Boxes are at Most Business ......

We are all New at this Grooming Times....So a little Help from Our Friends and Patience .....Pretty Please..... I know Together We Can Help Out and get that Beast Going !!

I am VERY Happy to hear You Guys are Satisfied with Our Powder Paradise !!

Stop by the Holy Smoke tomorrow night We will be tipping a few....

You guys can pick Robins brain about His Secret Spots.....( He talks alot when He is drinking...LOL ) Robin will be only to Happy to Draw Your own Personal Map.....Signed by Robin.....POW-WOW

We Love meeting New People !! Robin has lived here for 35 Years so He has some real Humm Dingers I tell ya !! ....LOL

Blue River Appreciates Your Business !! Thank You !!

POW-WOW

Reaction score
:news: All Sledders Snowmobiling in Blue River should go to ...

avalanche.ca Click on Current Bullitens then Click on ...North Columbia

That info. is for Our Area here in Blue River....

You can stop by The Holy Smoke Inn @ 5956-4th.Ave. Across the street from Blue Jewel Snowmobile Tours & Rentals.....just follow the Snowmobile Tour Signs......We will give you a update throughout the Day if You Request it.No Problem !!! We are always Happy to give out Information for Blue River and Avola Area's !

Avalanche Warning's all over the News !! :alarm:

Avalanche Forecasters are Concerned and They are Saying Avalanche is " Considerable " :alarm:

Stop by and We can Pull Up a Up to date Bullitens .....We can also tell You what We know for Activity ! Come On Over ....:Snowmobile1:

Last edited:
Top Bottom