Blue Jewel /Blue River B.C. Snow Report for March /08

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
See ya on the 27 going to church then. Hope we have a great time.
On a side note, I am still mad about the sledder that kept my hitch to tow his trailer back to Fort Saskachewan and than didn't have the balls to return it to me. This happened last year. He was the one that came looking for a ball after his truck was hit from behind and broke his hitch assembly so I lent him my extra one. Ya lend something in good faith and they take advantage of you.
haakeyez50 !

We will be asking around for You !

We will track it down .....

I think He must have " forgot " .....

Lets hope He is reading this thread and will return it ASAP !

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
AVALANCHE FORECAST......

ALPINE....HIGH

TREELINE....CONSIDERABLE

BELOW TREELINE.....MODERATE

BLUE RIVER is Overcast with Sunny Breaks

Temp. of + 2

They are calling for a Trace of Snow tonight and Flurries for the Next Few Days.

The Hi-Ways are Bare and Dry

Watch out for Wildlife !!

Also the Elevated Corners where the Snow is Melting across the Hi-Way can Turn to Ice at Night !

Blue River Welcomes You !!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Avalanche Forecast....

Special Message From Canadian Avalanche Centre....

The Snowpack remains complex and variable. Current Rating's , while technically Accurate , do NOT tell the Full Story in Terms of Risk Management.

A Fatal Avalanche involving a Sledder Occured on March 27 in the Caribou's and Failed on a persistent Weak Layer 100cms. Below the Surface .

Recent Concerns about Presistent Weak Layers in the Monashee's and Selkirk's are Now Extened to Include the Southern Caribou's ( South of Valemount )

See the March 24 and March 26 Forecast's for more details regarding Presistent Weak Layers in this Region.

avalanche_ca

Last edited:

newfiedoo

Reaction score
hey patti....how is the booking for this week or weekend.....thinking about coming for a rip...what do you have open

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
hey patti....how is the booking for this week or weekend.....thinking about coming for a rip...what do you have open
newfiedoo !! How are You ??

I have been talking with the Boss of Walmart and He is thinking that April 11 12 Weekend would be a good time ! .....( I am Full this Weekend ) sooooo

Get those shelves stocked ! LOL....

Bring Your Dancin' Slippers as it is the " SPRING FLING " Dance here in Blue River !!

The Dance will be held at the Community Hall this time .

Hope To see you ALL here !!

Yahoooooo Party in BLUE !!!

BOOSTED

Reaction score
newfiedoo !! How are You ??

I have been talking with the Boss of Walmart and He is thinking that April 11 12 Weekend would be a good time ! .....( I am Full this Weekend ) sooooo

Get those shelves stocked ! LOL....

Bring Your Dancin' Slippers as it is the " SPRING FLING " Dance here in Blue River !!

The Dance will be held at the Community Hall this time .

Hope To see you ALL here !!

Yahoooooo Party in BLUE !!!

Patti..
how is the snow conditions up top?
commin to town tomorrow evening until Sunday
Can we ride to Parberry from town still?
Many thanks!
See you at the dance!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
It is Spring time riding here now.....

It is VERY Hard to determin what is safe and what isn't....

With the Hot Sun beating down on the Mountains these days it is making it VERY HARD to predict !

POW-WOW was in about 1 1/2 feet of POWDER on Saturday....

Keep in mind that when You unload in the Morning at Your Staging Area ,the Sun can Melt up to 1-2 Miles of road when it is really warm ! Not to good for those Slidders.....

Pretty soon it will be Sled-Deck Country Only !
then........

Get out here Quadding !!

The Quadding out in Blue River is OUTSTANDING !!

Endless Logging Roads , Lakes , Waterfalls , Wildlife , Glaciers , Wild Flowers ,
and Wilderness and Wild Berries !

It is Phenomenal ALL Year round here in Blue River !!

and YES .....BLUE RIVER IS OPEN ALL YEAR ROUND !

I will post a new Avalanche Forecast as soon as they Post the New update tomorrow.

Like I was saying earlier in this post ....It is VERY Hard to say what is Safe and what isn't ....with the Temp.'s going up and down , You have to check often during the Day to see hands on , what the Conditions are !

Knowledge is POWER !

Take Avalanche Courses when You can !

with that said.....

When it is Your Time to be called for Angel Duty ....It's Your time....

Play Safe and keep doing what You LOVE !!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
Patti..
how is the snow conditions up top?
commin to town tomorrow evening until Sunday
Can we ride to Parberry from town still?
Many thanks!
See you at the dance!
Hey Boosted !

I guess I was typing when You Posted this...

You can still leave from the Valley Bottom...not from Your door though...

It has been Sunny for the last few days.

Blue River had a Temp. of + 4 Today

Enviroiment Canada is calling for Flurries on Fri and Saturday....still to early to Predict the Weather ...

The Hi-Ways are Bare and Dry ....

WATCH OUT FOR WILDLIFE OUT THERE !!! Lots of MOOSE !!

See you when You get here !

Last edited:

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
WOW !!!!!!!!!!

I Seen Pictures of HUGE Avalanches coming down in Paradise Today !

OMG !!! It WAS soooooooooo EXTREME I was left breathless....

I seen a Sledder narrowly Escape being caught up in the Full Fury of the Avalanche !

I seen the Avalanche Dust Swallow Him.....

Lucky for Him He Escaped with his LIFE !

The Avalanche Video I seen tonight was " UNBELIEVABLE " ......

PLEASE.....PLEASE....PLEASE....

The ALPINE is NO PLACE TO BE AT THIS TIME !! ( My Opinion Only )

I think with the recent events from a few days ago....Even what You think is Safe !......Re-Think it..... ALWAYS SHUT Your Sled OFF periodicaly and Listen for Whumping.

The Mountains are Melting for Spring with ALOT of Force !

The Sun is Hotter Longer now with Our days getting longer !

The Conditions change a few times a day.

Systems are moving in Fast....all of a sudden with NO WARNING....A complete " Fogged In " OR a " Whte out " ....and 20 mins. later it is Changing again !

Don't get caught up in the Alpine with these VERY Unpredictable Spring time Systems of Various Weather Changes !

Make sure while going towards Your destiation , to always look back at the Lay of the Land as well , so that way , You will know what it looks like returning to Your start Point .

The Guest's that have been here riding today had just under a Foot of Powder.

They came in and enjoyed a Pork Roast Dinner with ALL the fixin's . " YUMO " !

A HUGE THANK YOU !! To ALL the Sledders that have been Buying the Snow and Mud Clothing !! Yahooooooo .....THANK YOU !!

Hey Ron !......I need another Order Please !

I will pm You Ron with the Order.

Blue River Thanks ALL Of You AWESOME SLEDDERS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT THIS SEASON !!

THANKS A MILLION !!

Enviroment Canada is calling for a High Today of " +8 C " You could expect to see some light rain in the Afternoon. YIKES !!....

Watch to see where the freezing Level is .....Even the Tree Holes are getting bigger as the Snow is Melting around them !

Everyone going into places with Risk ....Please make sure You know Your equippment like Avalanche Beacon ...know how to Use it properly just cause You wear one it will NOT save You if No One knows how to Operate them .

Practice , Practice , Practice , ....Take a Case of Beer and Bury it with a Beacon ....( Do this in the Summer AND Winter ) It Works ! Keeps it fresh in Everyones Mind , ....and is also a Great Excuse to ALL get together !

Finders Keepers 1ST. Person to Find It Keeps it !! ( You may notice Friends that are all of a Sudden VERY Thirsty ! LOL ! )

Ok.....I will Post again soon !

Stop by The Holy Smoke Inn ....I have a few T-Shirt's left !

BOOSTED

Reaction score
WOW !!!!!!!!!!

I Seen Pictures of HUGE Avalanches coming down in Paradise Today !

OMG !!! It WAS soooooooooo EXTREME I was left breathless....

I seen a Sledder narrowly Escape being caught up in the Full Fury of the Avalanche !

I seen the Avalanche Dust Swallow Him.....

Lucky for Him He Escaped with his LIFE !

The Avalanche Video I seen tonight was " UNBELIEVABLE " ......

PLEASE.....PLEASE....PLEASE....

The ALPINE is NO PLACE TO BE AT THIS TIME !! ( My Opinion Only )

I think with the recent events from a few days ago....Even what You think is Safe !......Re-Think it..... ALWAYS SHUT Your Sled OFF periodicaly and Listen for Whumping.

The Mountains are Melting for Spring with ALOT of Force !

The Sun is Hotter Longer now with Our days getting longer !

The Conditions change a few times a day.

Systems are moving in Fast....all of a sudden with NO WARNING....A complete " Fogged In " OR a " Whte out " ....and 20 mins. later it is Changing again !

Don't get caught up in the Alpine with these VERY Unpredictable Spring time Systems of Various Weather Changes !

Make sure while going towards Your destiation , to always look back at the Lay of the Land as well , so that way , You will know what it looks like returning to Your start Point .

The Guest's that have been here riding today had just under a Foot of Powder.

They came in and enjoyed a Pork Roast Dinner with ALL the fixin's . " YUMO " !

A HUGE THANK YOU !! To ALL the Sledders that have been Buying the Snow and Mud Clothing !! Yahooooooo .....THANK YOU !!

Hey Ron !......I need another Order Please !

I will pm You Ron with the Order.

Blue River Thanks ALL Of You AWESOME SLEDDERS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT THIS SEASON !!

THANKS A MILLION !!

Enviroment Canada is calling for a High Today of " +8 C " You could expect to see some light rain in the Afternoon. YIKES !!....

Watch to see where the freezing Level is .....Even the Tree Holes are getting bigger as the Snow is Melting around them !

Everyone going into places with Risk ....Please make sure You know Your equippment like Avalanche Beacon ...know how to Use it properly just cause You wear one it will NOT save You if No One knows how to Operate them .

Practice , Practice , Practice , ....Take a Case of Beer and Bury it with a Beacon ....( Do this in the Summer AND Winter ) It Works ! Keeps it fresh in Everyones Mind , ....and is also a Great Excuse to ALL get together !

Finders Keepers 1ST. Person to Find It Keeps it !! ( You may notice Friends that are all of a Sudden VERY Thirsty ! LOL ! )

Ok.....I will Post again soon !

Stop by The Holy Smoke Inn ....I have a few T-Shirt's left !

Hey Patti,

it was one of our goup running from the Avalanche you seen....I missed the excitment our group of 12 split up and 4 of us went way into the back area.....it was the best area i have ever seen!
he is ok but lucky as hell, we encountered MANY avalanches yesterday! BE CAREFUL ALL!

BLUE JEWEL

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
www.holysmokeinn.ca
YIKES !! BOOSTED !!

I will have to get You a Copy of that Video ....It is about 2 - 3 minutes long.

It will SHOCK You !

People have been Sledding up there still. PLEASE BE CAREFUL.....

newfiedoo

Reaction score
hey pattie the boys are getting excited......i can't make it......got company coming for the weekend....bummer may still see you guys before the end of the season though....if not i will load my quads and come quadding.....have fun this weekend say hi to everyone.

Top Bottom