Area's in Renshaw

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the guy who was looking for a map of Renshaw and area, look in the second page of this tread, I posted a google map a while back

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks Dean10, I missed this thread while looking for area names. here are some of my Renshaw tracks from over the years, wish I had some of this info when I started riding there.....good stuff.
googlerenshawtracks.jpg

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like you went down the huge drop in behind the anthills, thats a great place to get caught and spend the night, I've only been in there once, on hero snow.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like you went down the huge drop in behind the anthills, thats a great place to get caught and spend the night, I've only been in there once, on hero snow.
great spot tho, never many tracks in there and a few sweet cornices too. we've tried a few times to see if we could get out any other way, but it looks as though the big drop is the only way in or out. haven't been in there before March yet, it's a hell of a climb out for sure.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
great spot tho, never many tracks in there and a few sweet cornices too. we've tried a few times to see if we could get out any other way, but it looks as though the big drop is the only way in or out. haven't been in there before March yet, it's a hell of a climb out for sure.

Definately a tough climb out....my rmk struggled getting out with minimal fresh snow.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definately a tough climb out....my rmk struggled getting out with minimal fresh snow.
were you guys in there on friday? we met a few guys coming out of there on our way in, 5 or 6 sleds maybe. right around noon I think, we dropped in on the steep section right of the chute looking up from the bottom. there was a couple sleds that waited for us at the first bench before they went up

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, we were in behind the saddle, on the lake friday.
ah, I see. I was keeping an eye out for your sled but didn't see it. my buddy had a little crash down in there on friday, came down into the trees and hit a fairly thick spruce, broke it off at snow level. he spent saturday in the room in Valemount. those old ZX chassis are tough sleds, 40 year old dudes....not so much.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ah, I see. I was keeping an eye out for your sled but didn't see it. my buddy had a little crash down in there on friday, came down into the trees and hit a fairly thick spruce, broke it off at snow level. he spent saturday in the room in Valemount. those old ZX chassis are tough sleds, 40 year old dudes....not so much.

Haha. I did a little logging myself...bounced off a 6 inch spruce and bent the trailing arm bolt back about 2-3 inches, dented the spindle and took the sway bar out of it's hole....We have some bending to do this summer haha

Top Bottom