Area's in Renshaw

sledd boy

Reaction score
Hi BArry sorry to say only way out is up. That creek you see off to the right when looking in is crushing creek the cut blocks and road leadto the morkill river thenyou get out over the fraser at cresentsper my guess 60 miles if you can find away down to the last cutblock.

sledd boy

Reaction score
Good map you got most of it right. Close to what we havebeen calling things for the last 20 plus years

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Rick: That is the bowl I was in yesterday. The small shelf was small so I didn't consider it but yes that is where the sled is broke down and will try to find another way out.

HEY BARRY: WHEN YOU GET DOWN TO THE MEADOWS/LAKE AFTER THE BIG DESCENT, IMMEDIATELY LOOK UP BACK TO THE RIGHT ALONG THE TREE LINE, AND YOU SHOULD SEE TRACK LEADING UP BESIDE THE TREE LINE UP AND AROUND THE MOUNTAIN..... THAT IS ANOTHER WAY BACK AROUND TO THE SADDLE, AND IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY IT IS A MUCH EASIER CLIMB. I KNOW IT WAS PACKED, AND I WAS JUST BELOW IT GETTIN SOME AIR TIME WITH WARREN SENGER AND TAKING SOME PICS, AND I WAS GONNA TAKE A RUN UP, BUT IT LOOKED NICELY PACKED FOR A RUN UP(LITTLE TRICKY BECAUSE IT RUNS UP THE TREE LINE QUITE A WAYS AND THEN AROUND THE SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN ON A GOAT TRAIL. NOW I WISH I WOULDA TAKEN A RUN UP THERE FOR YA, BUT HINDSITE IS 20/20....DAM:( LET US KNOW YOU YOU MAKE OUT WITH PULLING THAT OUT, AND TAKE SOME PICS......
HERES PICS OF WHERE WARREN AND I WERE JUMPING...YOU MIGHT TAKE A LOOK UP THAT TRAIL(MIGHT BE EASIER TO GET OUT OF), AND A PIC OF OUR GROUP SITTING UP BETWEEN THE WALLS JUST BEFORE GOING DOWN THE STEEP DESCENT, AND A PIC OF MY SON CARVED A LITTLE NOOK IN THE WALLS OF THE SHOOT AT THE TOP........

Attachments

• BLACKWATER.jpg
    BLACKWATER.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 261
  • BLACKWATER2.jpg
    BLACKWATER2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 256
  • BLACKWATER3.jpg
    BLACKWATER3.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 248

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi BArry sorry to say only way out is up. That creek you see off to the right when looking in is crushing creek the cut blocks and road leadto the morkill river thenyou get out over the fraser at cresentsper my guess 60 miles if you can find away down to the last cutblock.

I have googled and ridden in there quite a few times but never found a way down to Crushing creek. We have gone about 10k past Spirit and gotten down into the Morkil cutblocks but this is at least 35k past the cabin. On the way there we passed one chute into crushing but Morkil was on the menu for the day. The only bad part of going to Morkil is the last 2.5k is one long avy trap with no place to hide. Craziest pass crossing I've ever ridden, car sized snow boulders most of the way in from the conices. It's the only way to the Morkil from Rensaw that we've ever found.Not a hard climb just a really bad trap. Deffinatly a pack a lot a fuel trip, but always find untouched.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a big climb either way out Barry, have you considered a tobogan some tools and parting it out in a couple loads after pounding a wide path out. Once back to km27 you could do a loose reassembly for tow out. Just my .02

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Barry, Do what I did, put it on the back of your sled and tie another good sled to the front of yours and hit the gas.. Good Luck if not call Yellowhead Choppers, Lots of $$ though, we were in there with that xp that died and we got it out.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Engine toast. It is an expensive mod and needs to come out but owner just called me and asked to get GPS location for heli ride out. So off to do that tomorrow.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Engine toast. It is an expensive mod and needs to come out but owner just called me and asked to get GPS location for heli ride out. So off to do that tomorrow.

FEEL SORRY FOR THE OWNER, BUT YOU GOTTA LIKE IT, EH?? FREE RIDE INTO THAT GREAT BOWL.... HAVE YOU GONE FARTHER BACK INTO THAT BOWL TO THE NORTH INTO THE UPPER BOWLS?? KEEPS GOIN' FOR A COUPLE OF BOWLS. NICE, AND RELATIVELY UNTOUCHED IN THERE......... WISH I WAS THERE WITH YA, BUDDY!!!!

Last edited:

M1K

Reaction score
We were in there on Sunday and seen the abandonded mod. We call that Wineburgers bowl.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Dean.... Yup Maps Lookin' Good.... What You Call The Meadows And Anthills Is Actually The "blackwater" Area. The "huge Dropin" Has A Lake Or Two Down There, And I Thought The Bigger Lake Was Actually Called Blackwater Lake??? Could Be Wrong. There's Also Several More Bowls In That Area Too.
Hey Showtime.... Yeah I Think Where You Guys Are In That Picture Is The Roundabout Way To Get Into Where Dean Called "the Huge Drop" From The Saddle.

The huge drop in that Dean10 is referring to is where we drop in to "Blackwater Lake" which is a good play area but if you turn right as soon as you drop in there is a trial a the top of the hill climb (abit tricky for some) then drop over that ridge that is where that picture is. If you keep dropping over 2 ridges you'll end up down in the creek, it's a 1000 ft drop from the top ridge to the creek which i GPS'd over the holiday's. If you keep running the creep up it shoots you back out by the saddle, does a complete loop. From what i can tell on Dean10 google map he doesn't have this area plotted. Great ridding back there not many people know about it. Don't tell to many people...ssssshhhhhhh!!!!

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The mod is in one piece and if you have the GPS on that location you would save me another trip in. Had my GPS but the battery was dead. Thanks

M1K

Reaction score
Looks like a 9o's polaris wedge chassis with a rotax, I think it might have been one of Ken.R. builds. Its all in one piece (nobody helped themselves yet!)
Sorry no GPS coordinates.

vernk

Reaction score
I have only rode Renshaw a couple of times , Is there a good map of where to go ?

mrsnowman

Reaction score
hey ric thanks for staying back with us in that bowl till the phazer got out. i wasnt to worried but it was a little reassurence. and i thought the xp pulled it out quite easy it was my brother green to the mountains that was slowing me down. but i probably wont bring a phazer back there again unless i boost it

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
hey ric thanks for staying back with us in that bowl till the phazer got out. i wasnt to worried but it was a little reassurence. and i thought the xp pulled it out quite easy it was my brother green to the mountains that was slowing me down. but i probably wont bring a phazer back there again unless i boost it

IT WAS OUR PLEASURE TO SIT AND WATCH A NEW MOUNTAIN PHAZER REALLY HAMMER AT THAT HILL... SURE WAS FUN BACK THERE, EH?? YOUR XP REALLY PULLED IT OUT, BUT WAS A LITTLE SIDEWAYS NEAR THE TOP, HUH?? HOPE TO SEE YOU GUYS OUT THERE AGAIN SOME DAY.;)

Top Bottom