Which SXS windshield for spring and fall riding

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Solid one piece or two piece flip up? I don't plan on using it below 10 C may be 5C lol
In my experience a 1/2 is the way to go, I found the full windshield gets dirty on the inside you end up field cleaning and it gets all scratched, 1/2 you just look over it... a cab really is the answer lol..

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i had a half for years, got a full windshield now! like it lots, push out bottom for hot days, scratches disappear with plastic polish!

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a glass one and be done with it. Yes it costs more, but at least you can see at all times. Poly ones scratch the second you touch them and no plastic polish doesn't get rid of the scratches. Yes it hides them a bit, but drive into the sun and see how well you can see through them.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Solid one piece or two piece flip up? I don't plan on using it below 10 C may be 5C lol
I rock a 1 piece year round. Glass with metal frame. Tough as hell. Ryfab I think? I’ve Been on a sxs since 2008. First full window was in 2020. Can’t believe i never tried one before. on hot days it has a little flap on the bottom I open. Ride with safety glasses instead of goggles, etc., full glass window for the win here.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I have a full poly one and have had really good luck with it so far. hasn't scratched up much at all. royal distributing they are like $160

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a full poly one and have had really good luck with it so far. hasn't scratched up much at all. royal distributing they are like $160
Yep, they work well as long as you don't ride in the rain and want to use a wiper. And you don't ride in the mud, so you don't require a wiper or need to wash it on the trail. And if money is a concern, they work for sure. But, if you ride in any conditions that require something rubbing on the window, get glass.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I get my windows muddy and ride in ch!t conditions all the time. as long as you rinse it off good and makes sure its soaked before you rub it down it's fine. I have a few scratches but it does the trick. my concern with glass is I like to beat through brush and trails I have no business on and don't want it breaking or cracking on me.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy a glass one and be done with it. Yes it costs more, but at least you can see at all times. Poly ones scratch the second you touch them and no plastic polish doesn't get rid of the scratches. Yes it hides them a bit, but drive into the sun and see how well you can see through them.
worked for my needs! put many hard miles on the green beast.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’d second a glass one, I went through two plastic ones in my wildcat, get scratched way too easy and they look shitty and cheap as well. Had a glass one with wiper and windshield wash on my general and would never use a plastic one again after that. I beat through some ugly tight trails around Whitecourt and cadomin with it, hauled it on the highway lots, once from nearly Manitoba to Whitecourt in -40 in January. Never cracked or chipped the 5 years I had that machine. Like said a couple bucks more but saves you a lot of grief in the long run and they actually look like they belong on a 30k machine. The plastic ones make the sxs look like a new truck covered in Cambodian tire accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beerwolf

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the full flip up windshield but it’s time to replace the struts are getting a bit weak.
IMG_0255.jpeg

Top Bottom