Starlink Mobile Questions

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I need to order the starlink mobile for my fifth wheel as I have to have good internet for our communications. My company has been called out and needs to mobilize to Jasper within 2 weeks for dozens of building inspections of hotels, restaurants, commercial and institutions that all require initial walk throughs to determine extent of damages and if any. I will have to bring my fifth wheel trailer and stay in a camp like area for initial investigations.
I see there $499 plus $170 per month, how does it work can I use it for 2 months then shut it down for 8 months and use for a month then shut down again. There is nothing on there website and no phone number for further information, I need to get this ordered right away. How does this work

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to order the starlink mobile for my fifth wheel as I have to have good internet for our communications. My company has been called out and needs to mobilize to Jasper within 2 weeks for dozens of building inspections of hotels, restaurants, commercial and institutions that all require initial walk throughs to determine extent of damages and if any. I will have to bring my fifth wheel trailer and stay in a camp like area for initial investigations.
I see there $499 plus $170 per month, how does it work can I use it for 2 months then shut it down for 8 months and use for a month then shut down again. There is nothing on there website and no phone number for further information, I need to get this ordered right away. How does this work
Yep, you can stop your usage when not using it.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't you use the cheaper regular version as well or did they put an end to that

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Can't you use the cheaper regular version as well or did they put an end to that
That's what I was wondering. Do you have your old one permanently mounted on the house? We use one just like it in the back of a pickup for remote work and it works just fine. Even picks up a good signal through a tonneau cover.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've got 6 for work now. They work good.

Once it's setup make sure you use the app on your phone, it can access a lot more setting in the Starlink than the web app can.

I can even go in a change the wifi name and password remotely if needed for our remote sites.

Just check if you can switch between the roam and residential, last I looked into it there was one switch that would lock the unit and then you had to call Starlink to get it unlocked to switch the plan back.

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're correct. I bought one last year for a mobile office in the bush. Used it 6 months, been in the box in my basement ever since. No charges.
You won't find a way to connect to real person. Setup your account online and the hardware ships. When it arrives, plug in one cable, get the app and it simply starts working.
FYI, the residential and Roam hardware is exactly the same. If you're using it at the registered address, you can pay the residential plan. When it's not (it knows) you must pay the more expensive roam plan.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I have a replacement residential unit in a box not installed yet. I was a Beta Tester for 2 years then they sent me this replacement dish however I have had some heath issues that kept me from installing this. Wonder if I can get both running, hmm may have to check

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Thanks guys, I ordered the mobile unit just now, 544.95 plus once activated $170 plus GST, The home one may work bit speeds may be an issue as they are registered. I am told now to be ready to dispatch for Jasper in 1.5 weeks no later than 2 weeks so make sure im prepared. No time to finish last here need to be first,

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a second Starlink kit a while back when they went on sale for $199, had to switch it to the roam package immediately after receiving it so I could pause service. Never took it out of the box until today...set it up for the first time, activated service on the app, and after it updated for a couple minutes it was hammering out 159mbps down speeds. Going to take it camping in BC for a few weeks.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I’ve been using the mobile one at my cabin for over a year. When you turn it on it immediately bills you a pro rated value for what’s left on your billing cycle. As long as pause it before your billing cycle starts you don’t get charged the next month. Mines been flawless. I’m using it right now

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been in remote areas sledding in BC and in a non cell service area here presently in Newfoundland on the roam package. $190 taxes included and it works awesome!!

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys so far, Im just in a bit of panic mode as I have a lot of stuff to sort out here quickly. I'll order it or see if I can get locally so I can try it out next week in BVJ.
I think they're on the shelf at Costco.

Top Bottom