Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who cares

how fast does it go uphill

lets get with the program

ive yet to see a 670 do anything impressive

and ive yet to see a sx700 on the mountain

:smiliestirthepot:

i am still workin on the wife to let me mountain ride hopefully this year. And we'll get together and see what ya think.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hit just over 100mph on mine and it has had the gearing slowed up not sure what stock would be but faster any way.

back in '98 I was well into the triple digits (165 kph - so just over 100 mph) with my old Summit (stock gearing) on hard spring snow on a flat valley road. The sled had quite a bit more to go but the belt let go so I had to shut 'er down. That was probably the fastest I've ever been going on a sled, it was almost stupid fast for a logging road even though it was straight, and it really brought me to my senses about hitting something at that kind of speed with only the protection of a sled which I am not strapped into - they would have been scraping me off the trees. This was with a 136" x 2" track, and I know that in '98 or '99, Supertrax had a 670 Formula Z with the ARC rear suspension and a 121", going well over the 100 mph mark - like well over...:D

Good luck Joey.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who cares

how fast does it go uphill

lets get with the program

ive yet to see a 670 do anything impressive

and ive yet to see a sx700 on the mountain

:smiliestirthepot:

I'm starting to think that you are just sore because some 670 handed you your ass on your 700 Poo back in the day......:D

What are we defining as "impressive"?

how about first stock sled over the top at Jackson?

Are we talking stock or modded sleds? I have seen some wicked fast modded 670's handing the beat downs to way bigger mod sleds. I know of one turbo'd one and an A&E prepped sled that kept up to just about anything on the hill. It was pretty impressive watching a 670 outclimb a modded 1000 T-cat, at least to me.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my cousin rides a turboed apex. always in mcbride said he got his azz handed to him once by a turboed 670. he's been ridin mountains for about 10 yrs now so he can ride.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
A few of my buddies in Pincher Creek can show you how impressive a 670 can be. Best engine ever made in my opinion. When done to a 740 i would take that engine over a newer 800 rotax any day. To bad its alot of work fitting them into a rev chassis.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
now now mr modman i have hauled my ole skidoo down the highway at 100 plus behind the ole ford deiesl too.:d

You can call my old man if you think I'm pulling your leg, he was there, riding my uncles 583 and I went by him like nothing, he said he was doing about 130 when I passed him.

They don't gear them like they used to, which is why people typically don't believe you, because their stock 800 will barely do 130 now, it blows their mind to think that sleds were actually faster back in the day. However, now all the mountain sleds actually have their own set of gearing. Back in '95 and '96 when the Summits first came out, BRP used the same gearing in all the f-chassis and s-chassis sleds, the Summits had the same gearing as the Mach 1 and MXZ sleds. The Summits could break a land speed record on the flats, but you didn't want to be trying to start out from a stand-still facing uphill in 2 feet of powder, as soon as you hit the throttle the track was doing 50 mph and you just trenched in immediately. That sucked so hard. One of the big secrets was to gear down, you didn't miss the top end in the hills anyway, and it gave you a big advantage in the deep powder.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
seems like a lot of jibber jabber about who's got the fastest, lets line em up and see. BS stops when the flag drops. joey will be in bc this dec maybe a get together is in order. says he has a stock yam 700, maybe line up your stock 670 and lets settle this. don't see much use in bragging how fast a mod sled is compared to a stock sled.

i figured this would get er going hehe, you guys are so predictable.

Last edited:

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
seems like a lot of jibber jabber about who's got the fastest, lets line em up and see. BS stops when the flag drops. joey will be in bc this dec maybe a get together is in order. says he has a stock yam 700, maybe line up your stock 670 and lets settle this. don't see much use in bragging how fast a mod sled is compared to a stock sled.

Good luck finding a stock 670 in this end of the country. Probably the most common mod sled out there.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got faith in joey i think he can hand any 670 modded or not sled it's ass. he says his stock 121 track, single pipe 700 is fast, do you guys doubt him.

where they modded to beat the yamaha? just askin, joey always tells the truth.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i got faith in joey i think he can hand any 670 modded or not sled it's ass. he says his stock 121 track, single pipe 700 is fast, do you guys doubt him.

where they modded to beat the yamaha? just askin, joey always tells the truth.

lol the funny part is, runs his mouth about the "awesome" sled he sold in the spring, so looks like i could smoke him on my gt racer going up hill :eek:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I was talking stock to stock :eek: I'm actually enjoying this, it's bringing me back to a lot of memories of my old sleds, and especially the Ontario trip, memories of them French girls, definitely not as reserved as the girls I was used to!!!! Nothing like legally entering a bar when you are underage in every other province....:p

Would love too give joey a show, problem is I don't have a stocker anymore, still lots of 'em left out there though if he wants to wet his whistle! ;)

I wish I had a quad so I could ride with ya all year round!! You're such a riot!Winter 2010/2011 is going to be even better than last year. :D

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I was talking stock to stock :eek: I'm actually enjoying this, it's bringing me back to a lot of memories of my old sleds, and especially the Ontario trip, memories of them French girls, definitely not as reserved as the girls I was used to!!!! Nothing like legally entering a bar when you are underage in every other province....:p

Would love too give joey a show, problem is I don't have a stocker anymore, still lots of 'em left out there though if he wants to wet his whistle! ;)

I wish I had a quad so I could ride with ya all year round!! You're such a riot!Winter 2010/2011 is going to be even better than last year. :D

mod man, you every ridden blue river? would be great to meet you

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've ridden with the modman and he's good but i still have money on 15 yr old joey:d. mr modman sure spent alot of time laughing at the ole imdoo'n last year, definitely had a hoot.
i have heard of the modman bar activities of the past and i'm still in awe.:beer:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mr modman sure spent alot of time laughing at the ole imdoo'n last year, definitely had a hoot.

Ohh I think the laughter goes both ways - I remember you having a good laugh at the Quartz cabin about me falling off the back of my sled..... LOL Good times!! Looking forward to many more with ya!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh now i remember that big tail walk to impress those lads on the trail. i can say one thing get the heck out of your way when you wick it up:d

Top Bottom