skidoo

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL - sled is getting a transplant this summer - I think you might know the motor I bought :D. Going to be turning it up a little more if possible. I will up the ante after that.... LOL

yeh that would of been a nice engine to put in my summit. looking for a 780 triple in a sled this summer and then put the 670 into that and masssage the 780 and slam into my summit. really love the sled just want more nuts.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeh that would of been a nice engine to put in my summit. looking for a 780 triple in a sled this summer and then put the 670 into that and masssage the 780 and slam into my summit. really love the sled just want more nuts.

PM rsaint - he had a 809 for sale, or arcdoo - he had a crank shop 840 big bore based on the 670. Both had good engines at good prices and I was going to buy rsaint's motor, but decided that I wanted to stay with the stock motor configuration for cooling and wiring since I now have 3 RV engines that will bolt directly into the my chassis, I didn't want to be re-plumbing and re-wiring every time I swapped a motor.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
LOL - it kinda looks stock....... :D

Series 3 - now there was a BRP screw up......them sleds could not do anything right except go straight, I still prefer the 809 in the F-chassis hood style though, that was a bad looking sled if you un-decaled it and blacked it all out, and they could haul some serious azz once they got dialed. We were out in Ontario on vacation in '95 and doing 100 kph on the highway and a Mach Z passed us in the ditch like we were walking. Right then and there I got an appreciation for them. We went and watched some ice drags and there was a scary fast triple 809 that won the class, some riduculous 660 ft speed.

do you know anything of those 809 rev conversions? was thinking of buying an 809 to throw in my mangles rev chassis since ill be buying a new one anyway, thought it would be a cool future project, but need more input

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PM rsaint - he had a 809 for sale, or arcdoo - he had a crank shop 840 big bore based on the 670. Both had good engines at good prices and I was going to buy rsaint's motor, but decided that I wanted to stay with the stock motor configuration for cooling and wiring since I now have 3 RV engines that will bolt directly into the my chassis, I didn't want to be re-plumbing and re-wiring every time I swapped a motor.

i have heard rumor of another site member possibly having a turboed 670 available. but not sure i wanna dump 4g on just an engine. when i could get both eng and sled for less................ of course it wouldn't be turboed:rolleyes:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you know anything of those 809 rev conversions? was thinking of buying an 809 to throw in my mangles rev chassis since ill be buying a new one anyway, thought it would be a cool future project, but need more input

shr makes a conversion kit. seems like a waste to me unless you were to bigbore the 809 with all the kits that are out there like the 899 or crankshop 1000

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

PM Specialty Sleds or call them, or stop by the shop since you are in Edmonton now... LOL. They would be the best guys to talk to on it, their 809 in a Rev build up is still on the website if you want to look. I think the big issue is mounting the motor low enough, then pipes and carbs since the rev chassis was never really designed to take a triple.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
an sx700 would smoke any equally matched 670 or 583!!!
BRING IT ON!

You'd have to unplug a cylinder on the 670 for it to be called "equally matched".

Not in this life and not in the afterlife will your sx700 even touch a 670, you barely stand a chance at beating a stock 583 with a modded 700. Keep dreaming joey.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
PM Specialty Sleds or call them, or stop by the shop since you are in Edmonton now... LOL. They would be the best guys to talk to on it, their 809 in a Rev build up is still on the website if you want to look. I think the big issue is mounting the motor low enough, then pipes and carbs since the rev chassis was never really designed to take a triple.

any idea what a set of custom built tripple pipes runs a guy now adays?:eek::rolleyes:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any idea what a set of custom built tripple pipes runs a guy now adays?:eek::rolleyes:

Yeah, I think that spending that kind of $$$ on pipes would be the limiting factor. The pipes would likely cost as much as sled or motor. A rough guess would be pushing $2,000 - $2,500 likely?

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mots did one for my buddy in a 04 renagadeX it's a crankshop 1000+ it's a work of art,very fast but only a 136 1 1/4.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'd have to unplug a cylinder on the 670 for it to be called "equally matched".

Not in this life and not in the afterlife will your sx700 even touch a 670, you barely stand a chance at beating a stock 583 with a modded 700. Keep dreaming joey.

i'm not dreaming. and i mean equally matched as in mods , both stock.

i hope you know i mean drag race not climbing a mountain or anything! i dont have experience in the mountains!

if you think a 670 would beat me on a sx700 in a drag race , your wrong! what planet did you come from?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm not dreaming. and i mean equally matched as in mods , both stock.

i hope you know i mean drag race not climbing a mountain or anything! i dont have experience in the mountains!

if you think a 670 would beat me on a sx700 in a drag race , your wrong! what planet did you come from?

wtf joey you must have as good of drugs in maynooth as you will in victoria. just sayin. i dont think stock to stock any 700 will run with a 670x. would be hard pressed i think to find an 800 that would. just sayin.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wtf joey you must have as good of drugs in maynooth as you will in victoria. just sayin. i dont think stock to stock any 700 will run with a 670x. would be hard pressed i think to find an 800 that would. just sayin.

lol i might lose but it would be by no more then a sled length! or ya know i'd win! ya i'd probly win!

whats top speed on a STOCK 670x?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol i might lose but it would be by no more then a sled length! or ya know i'd win! ya i'd probly win!

whats top speed on a STOCK 670x?

i hit just over 100mph on mine and it has had the gearing slowed up not sure what stock would be but faster any way.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
who cares

how fast does it go uphill

lets get with the program

ive yet to see a 670 do anything impressive

and ive yet to see a sx700 on the mountain

:smiliestirthepot:

Top Bottom