Sicamous bridge truck crash

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
80k pounds pile driving the cab upside down into the bottom of the lake, check the bend in the trailer just behind the hitch. Hoping and assuming the driver died quickly, RIP
Waters pretty shallow?

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has been pulled from the lake, driver removed from cab area on Sunday afternoon and then hauled away this morning.
A lot of cargo was amazon boxes floating and channnel current carried it out in front of Sicamous sands beach. Some of the local finest was out there by 7 AM looting the pile. Accident happened at 6:45 AM. The story of swerving to miss a car has been ruled out by the RCMP. Semis going to fast and blowing off corners is a daily event between Sicamous and Salmon Arm.
Is there a link to the swerving to miss a car being ruled out?

Pretty sure all the above theories are possible. Everyone is quick to blame the truck, ride in one for a few weeks and you see how intelligent the public is.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Pretty sure all the above theories are possible. Everyone is quick to blame the truck, ride in one for a few weeks and you see how intelligent the public is.

The truck did not cause the accident, nor did the bridge. Swerving to miss the wild life, vehicle or something else is a standard BS excuse.

Just recently a family from Nelson was killed near Hills, BC. loaded B train flopped onto them. The truck driver survived & said the family towing their travel trailer was in his lane. That story raised flags right away, where the trailers & vehicles landed did not make sense.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The truck did not cause the accident, nor did the bridge. Swerving to miss the wild life, vehicle or something else is a standard BS excuse.

Just recently a family from Nelson was killed near Hills, BC. loaded B train flopped onto them. The truck driver survived & said the family towing their travel trailer was in his lane. That story raised flags right away, where the trailers & vehicles landed did not make sense.
Trucker was just covering his azz. I hate people that don't take accountablilty for their actions

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just the police saying no evidence to suppport that theory, witnesses in the area that did not see any other vehicles and evidence he ran off the road entering the bridge.

I don't need to ride in a truck to see. I drive that road routinely. Had one clown pass me on double lines and corners 5 times between Sicamous and Calgary the other day. He arrived same time as me but had a few near misses I witnessed and likely had more.

That said truckers driving on your ass flashing their lights at you to go faster or get out of the way when you are doing 120 in a 90 zone, tailgating each other, passing on solid lines and corners and then bitching the 4 wheelers are bad drivers. Too funny.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep cant rember the last time an audi took out a bridge and got the highway shut down for a week.

Highway gets shut down daily all winter due to big rigs crashing

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on your ass flashing their lights at you to go faster or get out of the way when you are doing 120 in a 90 zone, tailgating each other, passing on solid lines and corners and then bitching the 4 wheelers are bad drivers. Too funny.
Sounds like the average truck with a sled deck from Dec - April......lol

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The worst section i see is from Golden too Salmon Arm...

They say on average there are 2 crashes every 24 hours...

She's tuff slugging it out in that section...

This isn't just a bc issue,,, its all around the world,,, no matter how much they improve the roads it creates new hazards...

Top Bottom