Sicamous bridge truck crash

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How fawkin fast was he going? Isn't that a 50 zone?

No idea how fast he was going. I never have drove a semi off a 75 foot drop into the shushawp either, so not sure what exactly that looks like.

but there you have it.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About a 60 foot drop into 30 feet of water. These guys come down that hill at 100 to 110 k into a 60 k zone. It's a curve onto bridge heading down hill. He hit curb and there goes right front steer tire. Bounced a couple times like a pinball side to side before plunging over. Maybe was upside down before going over?
Sure wasn't swerving to miss a car. Truckers between Vancouver and Calgary are out of control. Between inexperienced new to Canada and aggresive old white guys it is a dangerous drive.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About a 60 foot drop into 30 feet of water. These guys come down that hill at 100 to 110 k into a 60 k zone. It's a curve onto bridge heading down hill. He hit curb and there goes right front steer tire. Bounced a couple times like a pinball side to side before plunging over. Maybe was upside down before going over?
Sure wasn't swerving to miss a car. Truckers between Vancouver and Calgary are out of control. Between inexperienced new to Canada and aggresive old white guys it is a dangerous drive.
On the weekend I was chatting with a trucker and he knows that road and the bridge and explained about the curve and how lots of guys fly down there and slam on the brakes

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The traffic in bc sucks...

Too slow is not good...
Too fast is asking for it...

A person cant even drive a regular pace with out some noodle-head messing things up...

Inpatience and frustration lead too risky maneuvers...

Folks can't even slow down while exiting the hwy without getting run into...

Heads up gang,,, don't let other drivers drag you into a Grizzly Bear Trap ...

Leave that space,,, tap the brake lights,,, look-waaaaay-ahead and Extrem cation from behind...

There are Wolves in the dark forests !!!

Just saying is all...

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I have apprentices that have 2 years experience and I wouldn’t call them experienced by any means. 2.5 years is not experienced at all. He was going way to fast and smoked the cement block then bounced and hit the other curb before slamming through the rail. That’s not experience. The highway from field to salmon arm is the most scary thing I do in my life. I have had so many close calls on that stretch.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In all fairness though 90% of Canadian truck drivers are East Indians or Sikhs. There are bound to be more in accidents just by probability. In the US most guys driving are white guys. Is there that big a wage disparity between countries?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have apprentices that have 2 years experience and I wouldn’t call them experienced by any means. 2.5 years is not experienced at all. He was going way to fast and smoked the cement block then bounced and hit the other curb before slamming through the rail. That’s not experience. The highway from field to salmon arm is the most scary thing I do in my life. I have had so many close calls on that stretch.
We got cut off by Field by a new Canadian. Scared the hell out of us but saved being in a head on. I wanted to stop at the first brake check and give the guy a piece of my mind but buddy that was driving wouldn’t. Didn’t want to create a scene. I told him we were almost the scene. We never talked all the way to Revy.

ctd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If this bridge could talk, frightening stories would be told. A multitude of wrecks & many lives have been lost, this is first when the catch rail has not retained the bodies. Debris has landed in the channel previously, never bodies.

So lucky no innocent people were taken out, that could have been boaters or the brave souls that cross the bridge walking or biking. Never mind the thousands of vehicles that use the bridge daily.

The Taliban drivers have taken these wrecks to new level.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I assume they will retrieve the truck and trailer?
It has been pulled from the lake, driver removed from cab area on Sunday afternoon and then hauled away this morning.
A lot of cargo was amazon boxes floating and channnel current carried it out in front of Sicamous sands beach. Some of the local finest was out there by 7 AM looting the pile. Accident happened at 6:45 AM. The story of swerving to miss a car has been ruled out by the RCMP. Semis going to fast and blowing off corners is a daily event between Sicamous and Salmon Arm.

Top Bottom