red deer suds buds campouts

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
IMG_72931.jpg IMG_63881.jpg

That BBQ'd cabbage recipe isn't a sure winner. Not that I'm disappointed but it will take a while to perfect it to one's liking.

There was not enough garlic powder, nor onion powder but that is individual preference.

I did taste the bacon flavour and that was good. Even the parmesan was a nice added touch. In due respect to Jackie, it has potential and quantities of herds and spices need to be adjusted to individual liking. I will BBQ the remaining quarters and get it to my liking.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tell ya the truth fernie, the more simple the better it is

Salt and pepper, butter, cabbage, bbq till the outer layers are just getting black

Black part is the best, mmmmmmmmm

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Tell ya the truth fernie, the more simple the better it is

Salt and pepper, butter, cabbage, bbq till the outer layers are just getting black

Black part is the best, mmmmmmmmm

I hear ya' Geoff. I will try that on one of the remaining quarters. It was very tender and definitely had some flavour from the bacon and cheese. A work in progress as is every recipe.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looks like that new fire out on 734 south of hwy 11 is now roughly 15 hec and growing, status- out of control.

area fire hazard is high, lighting storms likely for today. be alert!!!
suds buds have the capt'n in the area keeping everyone safe! no idea about the chicken though, may be on it's own.

Last edited:
Top Bottom