red deer suds buds campouts

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hello! what is going on in the wonderful world of suds n buds? it's getting close to campfire time? anyone find some good camp sites? i think i got a few in mind!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hello! what is going on in the wonderful world of suds n buds? it's getting close to campfire time? anyone find some good camp sites? i think i got a few in mind!

nope,,,,

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
The Red deer river is opening up
IMG_2113.jpg

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres a circle on the back too,,, maybe there not lined up...

This could affect air flow,,, those darn drof's
Of course this is what We see looking at them in the rear view mirrors...

Maybe there are too many empty beer cans in the box,,, probably 2 and a 1/2 tons of payload is slowing down the old girl...

A team for sure...

Old driver and old truck that get too age gracefully,,, kinda like a bad piston and bad back at the same time

(Emoji)

Sad Face with Thumbs-Down

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Imdooing. Good to hear sxs ready to go go

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
someone has spooled it in and made a mess! if spooled to tight, you have cable crossing, which could kink, and come apart when pulling!

also good idea to pull cable off and measure how much you actually have, good time to check full length of cable, check for broken strands, nasty on the hands! maybe run a oiled rag over the cable. check the winch body over for cracks , things that just don't look right! take care respooling winch cable, should last and be usable for long time!
Why would you run a oil soaked rag over the cable? Asking cause I don't know?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you run a oil soaked rag over the cable? Asking cause I don't know?
nothing to do with rust, lubes the cable a bit when you reel it in, cuts some of the friction as cable rolls in over previous coils. up to you!

better to get the fiber winch rope, less hand damage, although the winch rope can be pricey? your cable looked ok, needs to be rewound, so pull it all out and inspect, kinks are a big no no. best to know condition of cable now?

get a good heavy pair of leather gloves, a couple shackles for the front rings, maybe a tree strap or two, also a 50 to 100 ft of dyneme rope can come in handy. oh and no drinking if your winching!

ha i forgot, put some tension on the cable when you reel it in, helps keep the wire wraps looking nicely wound, chunk of tree, cement block etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom