Reaction score

Attachments

• tr.jpg
    tr.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 70

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picket lines still ongoing in Revelstoke , no end in sight.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not gonna effect/affect my life 1 second. Off grid and looking after ourselves.

But I was wondering when the last stike that happened during the months of say January-February compared to July-August?

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
  • In 2023, the average conductor earned approximately $121,000, not including pension and medical benefits.
  • In 2023, the average locomotive engineer earned approximately $150,000, not including pension and medical benefits.
Rest:​

• By combining Duty and Rest Period Rules (DRPR), paid sick days, personal leave days, and existing rest and vacation provisions in their collective agreements, conductors and locomotive engineers currently work approximately 160 days a year.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not gonna effect/affect my life 1 second. Off grid and looking after ourselves.

But I was wondering when the last stike that happened during the months of say January-February compared to July-August?
It will affect your life one way or another though. Unless you are growing your own food, not buying products from where ever there will be shortages. Trucks will have to haul what they can haul and the price of everything will go up again. Jughead will bitch and complain that the big grocery chains are making to much money yet he doesn’t want to solve the strike. We
Will see full hypocrisy on display

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will affect your life one way or another though. Unless you are growing your own food, not buying products from where ever there will be shortages. Trucks will have to haul what they can haul and the price of everything will go up again. Jughead will bitch and complain that the big grocery chains are making to much money yet he doesn’t want to solve the strike. We
Wait til the public is wiping their arses with shirtsleeves and see how the public sentiment goes

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Come on you guys, how much of our day to day product is actually shipped by train these days.
It will be farmers, the resource industry, some oil, potash, coal, lumber that will notice the big delay.
Also, all those containers coming from China.

d8grandpa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is not just products shipped by train that this affects. If a product is coming in through a port and it is on a container that has both train and truck products on it, the products will not be offloaded at the port. The ports won’t do partial unloads of the container ships.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I get everything within a 5km radius if i want.

I do like to go buy booze every now and then for a treat

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on you guys, how much of our day to day product is actually shipped by train these days.
It will be farmers, the resource industry, some oil, potash, coal, lumber that will notice the big delay.
Also, all those containers coming from China.

CN has a giant fleet of trucks country wide and sea cans of you name it get hauled to rail yards and sent to the coasts. It affects everything in a massive way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Worked at cp for 2 months 18 years ago Walked out in the middle of a shift. Phuk that place and phuk unions. Been self employed installing hardwood floors since. Best decision ever starting my own business.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The prob with unions is lazy people
Corupt others snd would rather play games then just actually do the work, spend 7 hours trying to figure out how to get out of a 1 hour job, and then they cant be fired or very hard to be fired, snd then other workers who are decent get more work load thrown at them. Worked one union site enjoyed the work just not the petty bullch!t

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The prob with unions is lazy people
Corupt others snd would rather play games then just actually do the work, spend 7 hours trying to figure out how to get out of a 1 hour job, and then they cant be fired or very hard to be fired, snd then other workers who are decent get more work load thrown at them. Worked one union site enjoyed the work just not the petty bullch!t
Many years ago when I was a millwright, we would work shut downs. Union guys would stand around watching us scabs do all the work lol

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
CN has a giant fleet of trucks country wide and sea cans of you name it get hauled to rail yards and sent to the coasts. It affects everything in a massive way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, but not our day to shopping (meat, veggies, dairy, TP, condiments, bread, fruit, our frozen stuff, is basically all trucked from the suppliers). The imports that come in, yes.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh……

Union guy are ya…?!
Yes I am. Grew up with my dad in a steelworkers union and worked most of my working life at Finning. Finning tried real hard to screw us a few times and with the help of the union they couldn't. I also agree the unions help protect the puppy makers and there certainly is lots of them. I believe my wages and benefits were the result of the unions fighting for them.

Top Bottom