Rail Shutdown

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a friend who was an EMT. Big lefty as well. (Big surprise) we used to go at it on Factbook all the time. He was a big union supporter that always complained about the big business/oil CEO’s and the money they make. I told him why did you become an EMT Mike? He said to help people. I said you had a choice to go into any industry you wanted that made more money for your wallet but chose a
Low paying profession. That’s your problem, not the other guys. They chose money and now you are complaining about it and jealous. That’s when he unfriended me. Some people can’t handle the truth.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a friend who was an EMT. Big lefty as well. (Big surprise) we used to go at it on Factbook all the time. He was a big union supporter that always complained about the big business/oil CEO’s and the money they make. I told him why did you become an EMT Mike? He said to help people. I said you had a choice to go into any industry you wanted that made more money for your wallet but chose a
Low paying profession. That’s your problem, not the other guys. They chose money and now you are complaining about it and jealous. That’s when he unfriended me. Some people can’t handle the truth.
Hahaha...I have a paramedic friend who has the same mentality. When she starts into politics or how much oil/gas CEO's make, I remind her that she chose her profession. There has been a few heated conversations but we still talk.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most every railroader I know make 100k plus and are the biggest whiners in the world . The hardest part of the job is staying awake for their shift running to Kamloops or Field. They also have no qualms about searching for and bitching about a contractor who charges anywhere near what they make .

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahaha...I have a paramedic friend who has the same mentality. When she starts into politics or how much oil/gas CEO's make, I remind her that she chose her profession. There has been a few heated conversations but we still talk.
Ask her how much she think the union heads make yearly for a salary. Most make as much or more than business CEO’s.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most every railroader I know make 100k plus and are the biggest whiners in the world . The hardest part of the job is staying awake for their shift running to Kamloops or Field. They also have no qualms about searching for and bitching about a contractor who charges anywhere near what they make .
Engineers tend to be the whiners. The conductors are the ones actually doing work switching in the yards and driving the locomotives remotely while they do it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched a vid this morning of Jughead Singh flapping his gums about how he will vote against the Lieberals on this binding back to work arbitration because he stands with the workers. He said he will do it it even if it’s a confidence issue. So will this force an election? No. It’s political theatre and here’s why.
1. He knows the Conservatives who have been openly pushing the Turd for the arbitration and will be forced to vote with the Lieberals or face public humiliation for being hypocrites.
2. Good luck getting any MPs to fly to Ottawa on their summer vacation for an emergency debate and vote.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought a tray of Timmies donuts for the boys on the picket lines. When the Finning strike was on we certainly got lots of folks dropping off food

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a friend who was a gas company vp, the amount of hours he put in was crazy. Managing billion dollar projects is a little stressful also....

One of my best friends is a partner at Dynamic Capital and makes some good coin. We have a lot of dipper friends who were mad when they found out how much he makes and that he has paid off his mortgage and doens't need to worry about refinancing at a higher rate. They didn't see how it was fair to be making that much. Mean while when he works 80 hour weeks and made sacrifices to get to the position he is in they all just went about there 9-5. Pretty much everyone has a chance to better their life and put themselves in a better situation if they are willing to make sacrifices at some point in their career or life.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Just had a train go past the lake lot here at Wabamun heading west.

Top Bottom