Rail Shutdown

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what exactly does union employees do ???
How many are there in said union ???
Yes I could google it but meh ...

I believe unions create and protect useless employees.
They said this union has 320,000 members

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grew up in a rail family and have had some good friends work in it too, all were very happy to leave. CN treats employees like ch!t and if you're a manager your neck is on the line 24/7. It's not a company I would ever work for.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Union should go down from massive lawsuits the members implement over vaccine mandates. It was absolutely criminal. They did not stand up for their workers against the government and employers.

Whichever way the union can do the least and make the most money is the road they travel. “…..Oh so your saying if we get drain cleaner injected into us and wear masks you’ll give us more govt handouts?…… we’re in” That way they can give all the upper management more bonuses and lay off more workers. And when they decide they want some time off it’s time for a strike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_6919.jpeg
IMG_6920.jpeg
IMG_6921.jpeg
They say CN will lose 1 billion a day. That’s 365 billion a year. CN is killing it. I need to get in the railroad business. Run the numbers.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
D
Whichever way the union can do the least and make the most money is the road they travel. “…..Oh so your saying if we get drain cleaner injected into us and wear masks you’ll give us more govt handouts?…… we’re in” That way they can give all the upper management more bonuses and lay off more workers. And when they decide they want some time off it’s time for a strike

Drain cleaner??

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what exactly does union employees do ???
How many are there in said union ???
Yes I could google it but meh ...

I believe unions create and protect useless employees.
I work in a union and it does protect the useless. Alot of the members are like foreskin, when things get hard they disappear.

The one good thing about the union is they set guidelines for the employer and keep wages decent.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 286591View attachment 286592View attachment 286593They say CN will lose 1 billion a day. That’s 365 billion a year. CN is killing it. I need to get in the railroad business. Run the numbers.
10,000 is just engineers and conductors none of the other workers such as mechanics, track repair workers, electricians, car repair workers etc. The railway has 3 or 4 different unions. Also they are not saying CN will lose $1B/day they are saying that it will stop $1B/day of goods from moving. CN is public so you can see their revenue in 2023 it was $16.8B.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Lots of maintenance going on today on the tracks out here by Wabamun, taking advantage of not having to move on the single track here for trains.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jsut talked with one of strikers and he said the goverment came in and shut the lock out/strike down. Employee's will be going back to work. he also said lots of what the company wants from the employee's and it certainly is not good. He has 2 small kids and will if the company gets what they want he will be gone for long periods of time, away from the family. he says he loves driving the trains but says it's brutal working conditions.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10,000 is just engineers and conductors none of the other workers such as mechanics, track repair workers, electricians, car repair workers etc. The railway has 3 or 4 different unions. Also they are not saying CN will lose $1B/day they are saying that it will stop $1B/day of goods from moving. CN is public so you can see their revenue in 2023 it was $16.8B.
10000 people control a 365 billion business. Time to find another 10000 people that want to work.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Jsut talked with one of strikers and he said the goverment came in and shut the lock out/strike down. Employee's will be going back to work. he also said lots of what the company wants from the employee's and it certainly is not good. He has 2 small kids and will if the company gets what they want he will be gone for long periods of time, away from the family. he says he loves driving the trains but says it's brutal working conditions.
Boohoo. Wanna make big coin. You gotta make some sacrifices.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boohoo. Wanna make big coin. You gotta make some sacrifices.
Couldn’t agree more…

Want the 9-5…. Downtown… corner office
Maybe should’ve made some sacrifice at a younger age…went to (stayed in) school..

Im sure there’s plenty of sharp people in the rail industry, but yes, sacrifices need to be made at some point in a person’s life to etch out a decent living.
Having a union “fight” for you isn’t the answer….

Radar78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another thread on Snow, Mud, and Conspiracy Theorists. It’s all just part of the plan. Wait for it…….

Top Bottom