Pay it forward, just a little, this holiday

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
was he banned?? I thought he just left.

i think your correct, pretty sure he left and asked for his account to be closed, if he wants to come back i am pretty sure he just has to ask ron to unlock his account.....but then he would have to deal with all of us horrible people again...:(

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whether you say he's immature, doesnt know ch!t, big whiner, blah blah blah. If I can pitch $50 to make his Christmas a little brighter, get him playing hockey and keep him out of trouble. Why the hell not? We sled for fawk sakes, most expensive sport out there, especially with this little of snow.

Also,
he is 16... SIXTEEN. Who wasn't a total douche at 16... I know I was. At least he isn't out partying into all hours of the night, drinking and driving, causing property damage, lying to his parents, beating people up, robbing bums, being promiscuous or getting all whacked out on scooby snacks. So what he runs his mouth, we are all guilty of it from time to time, he just hasn't quite learned the difference between right time and wrong time (he's stuck on the "all the time" setting).

Yes, he plays the "woe is me" card often, but what if he isn't just playing the card? Maybe he actually is depressed? He's gone through a lot of chit in the past year, and I feel for him.

In any case, I appreciate everyone's point of view. And hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.

PS>
Thanks Dale, I now feel irreplaceable. When I go back to work I'm asking for a FAT raise! =)

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also,
he is 16... SIXTEEN. Who wasn't a total douche at 16... I know I was. At least he isn't out partying into all hours of the night, drinking and driving, causing property damage, lying to his parents, beating people up, robbing bums, being promiscuous or getting all whacked out on scooby snacks. So what he runs his mouth, we are all guilty of it from time to time, he just hasn't quite learned the difference between right time and wrong time (he's stuck on the "all the time" setting).

Yes, he plays the "woe is me" card often, but what if he isn't just playing the card? Maybe he actually is depressed? He's gone through a lot of chit in the past year, and I feel for him.

In any case, I appreciate everyone's point of view. And hope you all have a very Merry Christmas.

PS>
Thanks Dale, I now feel irreplaceable. When I go back to work I'm asking for a FAT raise! =)

yupp small price to pay to help a kid out at least we actually know the kid who we are giving a hand too ....

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
i have mixed feelings about sending Joey anything. On one hand i think its a great idea for a kid who is just setting his roots somewhere new and doesnt really have a whole lot of friends and is trying to find his own spot in life. Who knows if his life is as horrible as he says it is but i can tell you that he THINKS it is horrible. I just feel like he isnt trying a whole lot to change his circumstances but then again i dont talk to him everyday.

On the other hand I just dont think i can give to his cause. I would rather give my money or a gift or helping hand to a young family that is maybe going through a rough time maybe due to lay offs etc but is TRYING to make something out of their life....

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have mixed feelings about sending Joey anything. On one hand i think its a great idea for a kid who is just setting his roots somewhere new and doesnt really have a whole lot of friends and is trying to find his own spot in life. Who knows if his life is as horrible as he says it is but i can tell you that he THINKS it is horrible. I just feel like he isnt trying a whole lot to change his circumstances but then again i dont talk to him everyday.

On the other hand I just dont think i can give to his cause. I would rather give my money or a gift or helping hand to a young family that is maybe going through a rough time maybe due to lay offs etc but is TRYING to make something out of their life....

well im kinda with malibmama on this and kinda not .. talking to him on facebook realizing how bored he is with his current situation... here is a kid that growing up on a small farm or acreage and moving to an apartment where you couldnt just go outside and do something fun whether it be sledding , going for a bike ride or just puttering around outside either trying to wreck something or build something....i feel for the kid ...

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why can't he go outside for a bike ride or something.......don't have bikes on the island......he ain't a quadrapoligic. The worlds' his oyster, Just like it's mine or yours. Go grab a piece Joey, be a little proactive

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pay it forward to my family and close friends first,.. everyone else can have the scraps or whats left over, but most of the time there is nothing.

I look after my own, not someone elses. We do in some cases give to medical research and local charities, because it can be useful and it serves it's purpose.

Seeing as I have boycotted these topics that pop up about the boy that won't be names,.. I will insert my post and make this one another unsubscribed :)

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sent the kid an electronic gift card from iTunes. He sent me a message on Face Book, really was appreciative and was down loading music and movies so I guess it put a smile on his face. :d

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I sent the kid an electronic gift card from iTunes. He sent me a message on Face Book, really was appreciative and was down loading music and movies so I guess it put a smile on his face. :d

thats awesome dale.....

ok look, i am one of the many who doesnt have much in the way of sympathy......but if i have the means to make anyones christmas a little brighter than so be it i will do, i donate on a regular basis to the childrens hospital, and other causes. but why not give the kid something no matter how small just to show a kid who does have some faith, not to let go of it. like the kid or not, agree with him or not.....when someone's christmas is looking down just a little good cheer might make alot of good cheer in his life....you dont have to give to the kid, but you dont have to post on here about why you wont......just dont.....if you do have a little extra why not give it to someone who might really need that little boost this year....just sayin

dale do i just need the kids e-mail to do the i-tunes thing?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We sent Joey a gift card. He can buy some hockey stuff or some games.
Try help put a smile on his face...

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i'm sure he wouldnt agree with me having his address but i will make sure i get something to him one way or another....might not make it untill after christmas but the longer it lasts the better right

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats awesome dale.....

ok look, i am one of the many who doesnt have much in the way of sympathy......but if i have the means to make anyones christmas a little brighter than so be it i will do, i donate on a regular basis to the childrens hospital, and other causes. but why not give the kid something no matter how small just to show a kid who does have some faith, not to let go of it. like the kid or not, agree with him or not.....when someone's christmas is looking down just a little good cheer might make alot of good cheer in his life....you dont have to give to the kid, but you dont have to post on here about why you wont......just dont.....if you do have a little extra why not give it to someone who might really need that little boost this year....just sayin

dale do i just need the kids e-mail to do the i-tunes thing?

Just his e mail address is all you need to purchase and gift an iTunes credit, you can select the denomination of your choice. I walked him through how to set up his account so he could credit the electronic gift card and he was off to the races. I can pm you his e mail address if you would like. When you do the iTunes thing he'll get it in his e mail within minutes.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm sure he wouldnt agree with me having his address but i will make sure i get something to him one way or another....might not make it untill after christmas but the longer it lasts the better right

Sent you a pm with his e mail.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, or think that I am some sort or miser, I grew up in a poor family, two older sisters and myself along with my single mother. I was the youngest, my one sister 7 yrs older, the other 9yrs older. We all worked, my eldest sister worked part time and moved out at 16, then the other sister also worked part time till 17 and moved out. Myself I started working when I was 12 at McD's on weekends for $3hr, I also walked 10km to and from work, or when cold took a cab. I also had a paper route that paid me $6 week,.. and I delivered to 150 houses.

Not once did I complain or my mother complain,.. if I wanted something my mom would work extra shifts, or I would save up over a period of months. Hell I never had a brand new bike till I was 16, everything was a gimme from the neighbor or I put together a bike from parts. I even wore clothes from the second hand store and got laughed at, but not once did I think I didn't have a good life.

Kids have it too good nowadays, I commend you for giving to the needy, but IMO a short term gain for long term pain doesn't solve anything but the moment. There is so much to gain and accomplish nowadays kids just need to get motivated, if everyone gives handouts, nothing can be gained on their owned or by first hand experience.

I'm done my rant,..

Happy Holidays

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Joey has a job and is willing to work for what he wants.... He's not asking for hand outs and those of us who decide to offer up a little something are most likely doing it as much for ourselves and the spirit of the season as anything.

I give to charities I believe in STARS, Stollery, Strippers.....

I don't consider this an act of "charity" as much as an act of kindness to help brighten a kids holidays and maybe restore some faith in people and community. To Joey a 52 cent stamp and wishes for a happy holiday season would be appreciated no less than a gift.

Many of you have issues with the little freak....WE GET IT.... to some of us he is just a good kid in a less than ideal situation which he has no control over. keep your opinions to yourself and if you don't agree so be it. (not in any way directed at you Jason, just a general statement)

Just maybe sometime, somewhere he will look back on this and pay it forward in a bigger way than we can forsee.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Joey has a job and is willing to work for what he wants.... He's not asking for hand outs and those of us who decide to offer up a little something are most likely doing it as much for ourselves and the spirit of the season as anything.

I give to charities I believe in STARS, Stollery, Strippers.....

I don't consider this an act of "charity" as much as an act of kindness to help brighten a kids holidays and maybe restore some faith in people and community. To Joey a 52 cent stamp and wishes for a happy holiday season would be appreciated no less than a gift.

Many of you have issues with the little freak....WE GET IT.... to some of us he is just a good kid in a less than ideal situation which he has no control over. keep your opinions to yourself and if you don't agree so be it. (not in any way directed at you Jason, just a general statement)

Just maybe sometime, somewhere he will look back on this and pay it forward in a bigger way than we can forsee.

Thanks Bogger, You summed up what I couldn't really say.

Top Bottom