Mountain Mania Ride Accomodations

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ric Do you know where you'll be riding on Friday? a couple of us are planning on being up there by noon to ride.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ric Do you know where you'll be riding on Friday? a couple of us are planning on being up there by noon to ride.

HEY 99SUMM: I SUSPECT WE'LL BE IN SILENT PASS, OR SILVERMINES(NEVER BEEN IN THERE, SO IT HAS MY VOTE)...... KEEP IN TOUCH AND WE'LL HOOK-UP THERE.... SHOULD BE A FEW OF US THERE. WE HOPEFULLY WILL BE IN GOLDEN BY ABOUT 9 OR SO? AND THEN OFF SLEDDIN'.......

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HEY 99SUMM: I SUSPECT WE'LL BE IN SILENT PASS, OR SILVERMINES(NEVER BEEN IN THERE, SO IT HAS MY VOTE)...... KEEP IN TOUCH AND WE'LL HOOK-UP THERE.... SHOULD BE A FEW OF US THERE. WE HOPEFULLY WILL BE IN GOLDEN BY ABOUT 9 OR SO? AND THEN OFF SLEDDIN'.......

I'm hoping to do silent pass also, never been there, I hear it's a long ride in.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are leaving Grande Cache at around 5:00 am on Friday. Our group of 4 is looking to ride Friday as well. We will be coming thru the park, likely in Golden around 10:30 am. We should get a cell # list in motion. Should we just post our own #'s; or would one of the organizers like to collect them and make a list?

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A question on the main lodge area based functions. Is it a BYOB kind of thing, or is it gonna be more of a bar/lounge where we will just be ordering drinks?

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Re: Mountain Mania Ride INFO

Hey All, More Info For Our Golden Trip: I Just Talked To Doris And She Recomends Checking In At The Lodge Before Sledding On Friday. Our Group And 5 Other Groups Will Be There Thursday Nite, So We'll Be Sleddin' Early On Friday I Guess. If You Are Interested In Sledding Friday, Pm Me You Cell #'s And I Can Collect Them And Distribute The #'s Via Pm To Those Who Will Be Goin' Friday. There Will Be A Small Reception Friday Nite With Cheese Plates Etc.... I Would Recomend Byob, But There Is A Bar There And They Can Serve. Saturday Nite Is A Buffet Style Dinner And Those That Aren't Staying At The Lodge Are Welcome To The Buffet(you'll Just Have To Pay For Your Meal) And Then Sledbunnyracing Will Be Emcing The Presentations And Door Prizes, Etc..... Will Be A Great Time. Doris Did Ask To Be Sure To Drive Up Around The Ring Road Around The Lodge(sounds Like A Narrow 1 Way Road) And We'll Be Lining Up On The Road And Probably Leaving 1 At A Time In The Morning. We'll Know More When We Get There....... She Has Promised A Great Time, And Remember, There Is A Pool Table, Jacuzzi, Fitness Room, Huge T.v. With Vcr And Dvd(for Playing That Days Videos And Pictures). Will Post More Soon................ Summitric

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i as well am 90% in, just working on the old lady. skill level is 1 but fun level a 10 lol.

Skidoo XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
news is say bc and alberta mountians are a mining field for avalanches it very high has anyone here whats it like around golden

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a great time. I know that were going to be down thursday night late. So were riding on Friday. Here is my cell number. 780-699-9118. What kind of door prizes are you looking for?

Skidoo XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
skiier just died yesterday in lake louise from avalanche ,

GRAND FORKS, B.C. - An avalanche in south central B.C. has claimed the life of a 59-year-old man.
Police say David Nanook Brousseau of Grand Forks was caught in a slide while he and five others were snowmobiling in the Wilderness Creek area near Grand Forks Sunday.
Corp. Kim Hall with the Midway RCMP says the man was quickly located and taken to hospital, but was pronounced dead on arrival.
The other five snowmobilers were unhurt

happen 20 hours ago

Golden. A snowmobile triggered a size-2 slab large enough to bury or injure a person in the Quartz Creek area near Golden. motoneigiste (n.é.) snowmobiler; sledder Un motoneigiste a réussi à

this just info i found

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys is these areas going to be safe with all of us up there riding? I have never rode in golden before so I hope our trail guys or someone knows these areas really well.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you've never been to Quartz creek, on the trail up where it says no stopping avalanche area..Don't, keep looking up and pin it!!

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
Hey guys is these areas going to be safe with all of us up there riding? I have never rode in golden before so I hope our trail guys or someone knows these areas really well.

Thinking the organizing crews have everything near covered..... Oh Oh, Bad choice of wording. :D Fun aside...Everything should be alright if one sticks to the plans. Sledbunny & Summitric may give some encouragement once they read your concern !! :)

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey All: 1) Riding Conditions Should Be Awesome, As There Is More Snow Forecast For The Area.... Not To Worry About Avys, As We Should Have Local Club Guides.... We Are Working On More Little Spiffs From The Local Club As Well.....
2) The Reception Friday Nite Will Be Approx $10.00/person And Will Have Buns, Cheeses, Meat Plates Etc. For Those That Can Make It Early Enough
3) The Saturday Buffet Will Be No More Than $30.00 And Will Be A "feast" As Doris Calls It, With All The Trimmings, All You Can Eat, And Deserts, Drinks, Etc
4) Remember Breakfast Is Included In The Price, And Doris Does A "bangup" Job On That..... She Is A Wonderful German Lady And Really(and I Mean Really) Knows How To Feed You!!!!! Don't Be Trying To Diet On This Trip, Let Me Tell You....
5) We Are Having A Few Members Calling Up That Might Be Going Alone.... Let Me Know And I Will Try And Link You All Up, As We Doo Have Several Large Trailers With Only A Few Sleds In Them.
Let Me Know If There Are Anymore Concerns/questions ....thanks Ric

Last edited by a moderator:

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
To all worried about avalanches we are aware of the conditions now in the mountains but with it being over week away it is to early to tell. If and when we need to change our riding plans we will do. Mountain riding can be a risky deal anytime and it will be up to you as a rider to determine your risk level. We will advise and alter as much as we can. Like riding anywhere Ride at you own risk. Now to all those worried (NEWBIES) we will be carefull for sure. You are coming to have a good time you don`t have to go steep to have fun in them hills. So let the wives know we will be carefull and not overdoo your mountain experience.. Curtis I think we need your DON`T WORRY BE HAPPY SONG.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a link for golden 14day forcast for the weather watchers out there.

Is that sun I see on the weekend!!!

Top Bottom