If anyone has to ask about avy conditions on here...

Brian D.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, just wanting to clarify:

If you don't know how to interpret the information you have found on your own, don't ask. This is because some who do know are tired of answering questions they themselves must have asked at one time or another.

If you buy a mountain sled, but don't live in the mountains and don't ride in the mountains five days a week, but you do like to go to the mountains and a couple times a year, you are not worthy and you must be irresponsible ,stay home.

I do want to thank all of the people who give advise on this site, to the best of their knowledge. It helps those who don't know and want to learn. I you find your getting annoyed with all the questions, maybe you have outgrown the sport.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
What are the Avy conditions gonna be like next weekend in the mountains????

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You should b more worried about getting your Flat3 certification!
What are the Avy conditions gonna be like next weekend in the mountains????

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Asking Avy conditions on a forum are about as wise as checking ice thickness here.....just my 2cents!

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time for a good ol tailgate meeting with a group hug! There is nothing wrong with asking questions. You never will ever know it all. The avalanches have baffled & questioned the experts who study them this year. Enjoy the good snow that we all have this year, it's approx. to the bottom of the windshields right now at home & in the mtns without climbing the sh!t.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy crap. did some on here even read my first post?

That is like many others on here, they don't read.

Curtis, it is your obligation to post conditions on here, and I know you are more than glad to give info... and even send the links... BUT
I have seen it time.... and time... and time again, you post the avy situation, and conditions, and a link, and some guy goes on right after you and does not even read your post. They just ask, "So uhh what's the avy conditions like???" THAT's who I am trying getting the point across.
The people who want to know, don't seem to get the info/ and others don't Give a shite(those you can't help).

I see that I am not the only one seeing the communication breakdown.. good to see.

It is great that they ask, many do not. But I think also many are not aware, is it just laziness? Should there be more to get the message across?

Ever notice that hardly anyone, especially sponsors don't have a clickable link to
"www.avalanche.ca"in their sig/:confused:

I tried to make it link, but can't in my sig? Willert, are you reading this?

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Holy crap. did some on here even read my first post?

That is like many others on here, they don't read.

Curtis, it is your obligation to post conditions on here, and I know you are more than glad to give info... and even send the links... BUT
I have seen it time.... and time... and time again, you post the avy situation, and conditions, and a link, and some guy goes on right after you and does not even read your post. They just ask, "So uhh what's the avy conditions like???" THAT's who I am trying getting the point across.
The people who want to know, don't seem to get the info/ and others don't Give a shite(those you can't help).

I see that I am not the only one seeing the communication breakdown.. good to see.

It is great that they ask, many do not. But I think also many are not aware, is it just laziness? Should there be more to get the message across?

Ever notice that hardly anyone, especially sponsors don't have a clickable link to
"www.avalanche.ca"in their sig/:confused:

I tried to make it link, but can't in my sig? Willert, are you reading this?

In your first post you have stated that anyone asking the question should STAY OUT OF THE BACKCOUNTRY until they can find there own info...

Who says that they havent looked up there own info and are looking for and asking for a second opinion...maybe from a fellow sledder who has been there??

I READ your first post, and it pizzed me off...so I felt obligated to tell you how wrong I felt it was...

I do however support your opinion that more people need to understand where to find the info, and how to understand the info, but dont you think asking questions on a public forum is a great way to learn answers to these questions???

Its kinda like me saying 'OK Cuso, if you ask about a track ever again...get a quad'...

I feel strongly that a forum like this is the place to ask questions, and learn from others experience. If you dont agree with the questions being asked, dont berate the poster for trying to learn more...

Just because someone has avalanche training, and knows what website to click to check conditions, doesnt automatically make them safer. We as fellow riders can still do our part to warn people of particular dangers that we are aware of...

Just my thoughts...

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
dont get ure point why a sponsor or anyone else should have link in his signature ?
also dont understand why it has to be clickable

the point is

people that really want information about it go look for it

other peeps that just ask right after someone just posted it most likely dont even give a ... about it no matter what the site says

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know I won't be asking anymore questions on this forum for fear of revealing my incompetence to all you mountain sleddin gods.:bow: Also can't wait to tell the next guy who asks what oil to use, that if he doesn't know that, he's too friggin stupid and uneducated to partake in the sport. Then I shall feel mighty and powerful also.:ha_ha:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry but the type of oil you use does not put the your life or others in jeporady. unless you drive a polaris with those pistons that keep leaping out of the block

Kiwionsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i did not read every post. But i spent the last 2 days in Allen. I have ridden there for 20 plus years ( way before groomed trails) and I have to say there has been a lot of respect for the conditions. I only seen 1 line that made me think (WTF). The riders and thier groups showed alot of respect for the conditions and it was great to get home not see a sleder being made famous on the news. Keep up the good work. ride the conditions and have fun.

whisper creek log home

Reaction score
Website
www.wclh.com
i did not read every post. But i spent the last 2 days in Allen. I have ridden there for 20 plus years ( way before groomed trails) and I have to say there has been a lot of respect for the conditions. I only seen 1 line that made me think (WTF). The riders and thier groups showed alot of respect for the conditions and it was great to get home not see a sleder being made famous on the news. Keep up the good work. ride the conditions and have fun.

I was thinking the same :beer:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
The best part with any avalanche thread is it makes us more aware of Avalanches. To check the conditions, to ask, heck I even added a few banners to the site for people to click on. Awareness saves lives. Thanks for this thread;).

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
The best part with any avalanche thread is it makes us more aware of Avalanches. To check the conditions, to ask, heck I even added a few banners to the site for people to click on. Awareness saves lives. Thanks for this thread;).

I agree Ron. I continually ask about conditions, not on this thread but meeting guys in the parking lot or cabin. As like.."See anything moving today?"
Yes and on occasion I check the avy report but in my opinion every hill can be prone to move, some more than others. If every sledder treated the back country with "extreme avy conditions" in mind all winter it would cut back on incidences. It's great to see people finally paying attention and playing safer, but still seeing some guys doing dumb stuff.

Top Bottom