Barbecue Season(Show me your Supper)

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Wings on the smoker and a beer and clam by the pond. Life doesn’t get much better than this
4A98CC5A-A658-4EE0-90AB-F1183B7CEFC8.jpeg
FAEAF77F-67CB-46C9-B1D8-5BAC1AFB3627.jpeg

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was gonna use the wired probe that plugs into pit boss but with the meater I can take brisket out when it's time to wrap it in foil and don't have to worry about taking it out and then poking it back through foil.
Pretty good looking brisket, instead of tin foil, have you ever tried butcher's paper? Has to be the unwaxed type. Just curious because I never used tin foil so am interested in the diffence.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty good looking brisket, instead of tin foil, have you ever tried butcher's paper? Has to be the unwaxed type. Just curious because I never used tin foil so am interested in the diffence.
No I haven't tried it. I had it wrapped in 3 layers of foil from 165° to 203. Then I cut it up and put into those trays and put it on bbq to reheat at our shop

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok… gotta ask…
What is that metal looking thing stabbed in the middle?
Thermometer..??

A "Meater" thermometer. Bluetooth

I was gonna use the wired probe that plugs into pit boss but with the meater I can take brisket out when it's time to wrap it in foil and don't have to worry about taking it out and then poking it back through foil.

do you have good range with yours? Mine sucks like 30ft max.

I'm the same with mine, really not happy with the range of it.

I searched this not ideal for sure

Ya pretty much same here

Nice not to have to open the lid to check with a hand held tho. I just get near mine once in awhile and it will connect again.

I do have some old smartphones kicking around I could do that with. I wonder if it would work then like the Traeger App where I can check on it no matter where I am

I use one of these. It does have wires, but you can us multiple probes, the range is great, and it is accessible if you have to step out and grab some more beer.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0C27T5GNN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hail Mary pork chops that I had to defrost in the microwave. The pup ate the 3 steaks off the counter while I was firing up the grill haha.

Little twerp

20240716_182556.jpg

Top Bottom