2012 / 2013 Valemount Conditions and Updates

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Conditions are very spring like out there for sure, but access is still quite good from both Allen and Clemina.

Clemina we are now staging at 3km (likely the 4km bridge by the weekend) and riding almost 100% coverage from there.

Only have reports from Allen (no first hand info). Riders are leaving from the far back lot and riding patchy snow to the 3.5km mark. One tricky water bar crossing at about 1.5km.

Dixon was great yesterday in the afternoon. Temps are staying quite cool in the alpine, even with the sun, so it is taking the snow longer to soften up.

Valemount April 22 2013 - YouTube

Attachments

• editDSC_0666.jpg
    editDSC_0666.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Came across you guys just before you took off, went up and had a look at the slide, one lucky young bugger is right..

(refering to post #1314)

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Conditions are very spring like out there for sure, but access is still quite good from both Allen and Clemina.

Clemina we are now staging at 3km (likely the 4km bridge by the weekend) and riding almost 100% coverage from there.

Only have reports from Allen (no first hand info). Riders are leaving from the far back lot and riding patchy snow to the 3.5km mark. One tricky water bar crossing at about 1.5km.

Dixon was great yesterday in the afternoon. Temps are staying quite cool in the alpine, even with the sun, so it is taking the snow longer to soften up.

Were you the group removing the sled from the trees at the bottom of the elevator that did the ghost ride down? We were the two Apex's and yellow doo looking to get out of the way at the bottom. Good snow on the glacier, not set up like the rest of Climina, trail in was surprisingly smooth with no grooming.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Came across you guys just before you took off, went up and had a look at the slide, one lucky young bugger is right..

(refering to post #1314)

As he was riding out the moving slab he managed to deploy his ABS bag just before the slab buckled, hit him in the back and pushed him and his sled in front of the slide. Not sure if he bought a lottery ticket when he got back to town but he should have.

Max

Reaction score
[Wont be the first time, if u are not there u become a parts store. As long as it's ready for this wkend. Hey Brandon can I ride your sled this wend, I don't want to get mine dirty.

QUOTE=Mike270412;1706985]I stopped in to grab it but I prefer to ride a sled with 2 skis and handlebars. Thanks anyway[/QUOTE]

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Major League pull for a stock sled. Wow!

Top Bottom