2012 / 2013 Valemount Conditions and Updates

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone want to rip it up this weekend in vale?
Wife said giver!!
Leaving gp friday afternoon with a space on the deck?!!

GT500john

Reaction score
Just got back from Clemina and only could get to 8km, if you had a set of chains you could get to gravel pit maybe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
Lol what a crazy day.
So we get pulled over at km 4 up the mountain by the game warden,their looking for bear hunters and asks us if we have any guns... We laugh and say no. He then says I need to search your truck.
Well as one guy searches the truck for guns the other officer asks to see the paperwork for the sleds.
I got nothing but a expired plate in my hockey bag.
My buddy on the other hand is all good except plates not mounted on sled. Warden says, well we will run your vin number to check things out.no worries.
So both guys are sitting in the truck running our records and my bud take a pic.
20 min later Both get out and are holding their hands on their holsters and says to me that sled of yours checks out as stolen.

Uhh what???

I said to him your fawking with me right? I bought it brand new at the dealer.
He says NO. Dispatch Says that sled is stolen.
Fawk me!!
He says stand together and don't move. RCMP are on the way.
Wtf. Now now im ****ting my pants. And start pleading to run vin number again.
After another 10 min he checks again and gets out of his truck and says its all good. The girl in dispatch put in the wrong vin.
What's the odds the vin she put in is a stolen sled?
He then radios RCMP to turn around false alarm. I guess they were only 2 kilometers up the mountain away from us when they were told to stand down.
Holy crap man. So so close to going to jail. But that's what I get for not have my sled up to snuff
He writes us warnings to mount our plates. We have sone good laughs shook hands and all was good.
Anyways we drove to km 8 and the 4x4 crapped out on the truck. So we unload and ride 3 km of gravel and the odd patch of snow to about km 12 then it was sweet ass from there. We go sledding and have a awesome day.

If your 4x4 doesn't crap out like us then you can drive to snow at bridge at km 11-12 ish.
Maylong would be even better access I would think.

FatGuy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The CN shack along the tracks by Allen creek.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368331608.301295.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368331643.222362.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368331668.508958.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368331729.725924.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368331794.722800.jpg

Maxwe

Reaction score
That is quite the story. Good thing they didnt shoot first and ask questions later. Last year on the May long weekend a bear was on the road at about Kilo 12 clemina.
He must have just woken up as it was like it was a drunken sailor. You could have just about hit over the head with a rock let alone rifles. About a hour later a truck with some american hunters stopped with a guide and explained they were up in Canada bear hunting.

indyguy

Reaction score
What does the long weekend look like for one last sled trip? Which area would be the best to sled? Never sledded Valemount in May before.

rama

Reaction score
Hey Curtis when do they close the gate at Clemina, we are looking on coming down on May 26. Do you think it still be good to go up?

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is no gate at clemina. hopefully we get some reports from this weekend and you will get a better idea. I often ride into june, but am camping with the kiddies more this spring, so sledding is done. I think Maxwell is up there today, so he should let us know

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
rode clemina today.ride was cut short as i was by myself and was hoping to tag along with another group but no one else was up! staged at km 13. patchy snow for the first KM then smooth sailing. by next weekend there will likely be a 1km gravel patch that you wont be able to get past as there is a large shaded section first with tons of snow on it. like curtis i am also done. GREAT season. thanks valemount.

963875_10151663611908112_1844402775_o.jpg

Shitfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had really hoped to get out for one last rip, but never panned out...

Have to give a big shout out to Curtis, and everyone involved with VARDA, along with the town of Valemount. Had another amazing season up and down the valley, sledski hill was great and am looking forward to it again season also, have to say the trails and riding areas were all great this past season, and now planning, and counting the days until next season..have a good summer!

Top Bottom