XMR at Martin South

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whine whine whine. They had a big meeting at lake isle to discuss atv issue, One day for the closure of trails and 500 people showed to shut us down. The next day was for atv riders to voice there concerns 20 people showed. This world is full of whinny losers who actually take the time to call in complaints. i have never phoned the county and never will. 90 percent of complaints in my area were based on atv's

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Okay, maybe I am a little slow here :confused:but You want me to phone in a complaint for a noisy horse or hiker:confused::confused:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Okay, maybe I am a little slow here :confused:but You want me to phone in a complaint for a noisy horse or hiker:confused::confused:
I want you to phone and complain about a noisy D9 while it makes next years "trails".

Honestly...you should start a new thread. This one has been seriously compromised and I'm sure the intent of the Op was not to suggest that the new XMR was an arguing point for closing trails....

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just what kind of vehicles do you think MADE 99.9% of the trails we ride on? Since you likely don't work in the oil and gas or logging industries, I'll tell you: Caterpillar tractors. Followed by survey trucks(with a tow cat nearby), followed by drill trucks(with a tow cat nearby), followed by etc, etc, etc. Maybe the quads aren't letting the environment "heal", but they sure aren't doing a bunch of extra damage. Your icon pic shows a sign marking a reclamation area. What are they reclaiming it from?

dave B i couldn't have said this better myself.

if these people actually seen what these trails looked like when they were first made and in full use to what they look like now.

they would take a picture and shed a tear. you know how quickly the small damage done by atvs disappears ? seasonally. where do people think these trails come from? atv's didn't start them they just use them.

I've said it before and ill say it again the damage atv's actually do to the environment is so minuscule its not even funny .. logging companies and oil field companies do more damage in 5 min than atv's most likely have done in their entire existence.

the difference is and always have been the oilfield and logging companies pay the gov to stfu about it. and we don't.

I think if we all knew the gov's true reasoning for closing trails it most likely would make little sense to anyone.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
also

the point of the xmr isn't to tear trails up more, factory bikes can do that just fine.

there are already bikes like this out there, heck there are even more aggressive builds out there esp down south.

the point of the xmr is for the customer to be able to buy a factory warranted ATV with all the goodies on it so you don't have to spend 6 months working on your ATV. people that buy this atv are going to do it all anyways if not given the choice.

its so you can buy it and go ride it from the show room floor without having to worry about water crossings - mud holes or any of the other things that force you to modify your ATV like so many of us have done.

I for one will never buy another atv that doesn't have some kind of snorkel system. because they are just too damn nice if anything it lets me cross flooded/beaver dammed rivers slowly instead of gunning it and fighting to keep the front end up so i don't drown my atv.

and the big tires yes some people tear and rip"i have from time to time, not always though unlike people who have no choice with smaller lugs" larger lugs let you crawl through things other people have to root through and rock their bikes side to side creating even more problems/breakages /oil spills.

you ever see what a drown bike goes through to get running again on trail 20 miles in the bush?

think On trail oil changes .. where do you think the oil goes? bikes like this that are fully snorkeled if anything spare the environment that mess.

i hope more atv manufactures actually go this route making ATVs ready to go off the lot.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
also

the point of the xmr isn't to tear trails up more, factory bikes can do that just fine.

there are already bikes like this out there, heck there are even more aggressive builds out there esp down south.

the point of the xmr is for the customer to be able to buy a factory warranted ATV with all the goodies on it so you don't have to spend 6 months working on your ATV. people that buy this atv are going to do it all anyways if not given the choice.

its so you can buy it and go ride it from the show room floor without having to worry about water crossings - mud holes or any of the other things that force you to modify your ATV like so many of us have done.

I for one will never buy another atv that doesn't have some kind of snorkel system. because they are just too damn nice if anything it lets me cross flooded/beaver dammed rivers slowly instead of gunning it and fighting to keep the front end up so i don't drown my atv.

and the big tires yes some people tear and rip"i have from time to time, not always though unlike people who have no choice with smaller lugs" larger lugs let you crawl through things other people have to root through and rock their bikes side to side creating even more problems/breakages /oil spills.

you ever see what a drown bike goes through to get running again on trail 20 miles in the bush?

think On trail oil changes .. where do you think the oil goes? bikes like this that are fully snorkeled if anything spare the environment that mess.

i hope more atv manufactures actually go this route making ATVs ready to go off the lot.
To quote Joey;"Amen"

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if they still have the xmr at Martins still I got a buddy wanting one. Just throwing this out there that Martins was great to deal with when I bought my new 2011 outlander sold it to me cheaper then dealers in my area wanted for there 2010s. But I'm still waiting for my xmr snorkels for it they should be here on the 26th.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Canam has a aftermarket stock Dunlop tire kit for the XMR ? I have heard they they are comming out with ETH (EXTREME TREE HUGGER ADDITION )addition
but i don`t want to wait that long... That David Suzuki LTD eddition is gonna be sick !!!

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Canam has a aftermarket stock Dunlop tire kit for the XMR ? I have heard they they are comming out with ETH (EXTREME TREE HUGGER ADDITION )addition
but i don`t want to wait that long... That David Suzuki LTD eddition is gonna be sick !!!

Lemme guess. Runs on flower power and you use hash oil to lube the engine? What about hemp for handlebar grips?!

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if they still have the xmr at Martins still I got a buddy wanting one. Just throwing this out there that Martins was great to deal with when I bought my new 2011 outlander sold it to me cheaper then dealers in my area wanted for there 2010s. But I'm still waiting for my xmr snorkels for it they should be here on the 26th.
Martin`s XMR`s are all spoken for, but they said they have more coming in the middle of Oct. If thats on BRP schedule it maybe the middle of Nov before we see the Quads. I was going to get one but I didn`t want to be paying for a quad that was going to be sitting in my garage for six months, if there`s snow I`ll be sledding.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know if they still have the xmr at Martins still I got a buddy wanting one.

Trackside in Olds had an XMR on the floor that was unspoken for last week when I was there. They're typically not bad to deal with as long as Marvin's around.

unlike people who have no choice with smaller lugs" larger lugs let you crawl through things other people have to root through and rock their bikes side to side creating even more problems/breakages /oil spills.

I've found that my riding style has changed going from a 400 Honda to an 800 Canam, as Lenard said I now 'Lumber' around a lot slower through the mud holes because I have the power and clearance to do so. With the Old 400 it was hit it as hard as you can and pray like hell you make it!

Last edited:

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were out last weekend at McLean andthe XMR I was with made less track than the rest of us on 700-800's with 27" tires. So much for the therory "bigger must cause more damage"

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold our only one a month ago and delivered it on Monday, it is nasty....the adjustable air ride suspenion is really trick. You can set the ride height while its running and it goes up and down like a mexican lowrider(much slower of course). We get more in October but I will have our regional sales rep demo at our ride day a Mclean on the 3rd for people to try and look at. As well as the Commander

Bow Cycle & Motor 10 | Events

see you mud freaks out there....

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went and looked at one in grassland yesterday the thing looks sick and they had a commander there to looks good should have them on display at the grass drags well thats my guess :d:d:d

Work2Ride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went and looked at one in grassland yesterday the thing looks sick and they had a commander there to looks good should have them on display at the grass drags well thats my guess :d:d:d

Going to scoop one up for a tax right off? I'll buy it for 50% in Spring.

Top Bottom