Wild Fire 2024

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have one going above us in Hunter/Owlhead. They are just letting it burn for over a week now.

Attachments

• 2024 Fire.jpg
    2024 Fire.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 63

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I watched Premiere Smiths update on fires in Alberta and they are saying boaters on Alberta lake are in the way of the water skimmers. WTF is wrong with people. That was an issue here on the Shuswap in the past as well. Like seriously confiscate their boats and drill holes in the bottom of them

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
So I watched Premiere Smiths update on fires in Alberta and they are saying boaters on Alberta lake are in the way of the water skimmers. WTF is wrong with people. That was an issue here on the Shuswap in the past as well. Like seriously confiscate their boats and drill holes in the bottom of them
wouldn't they just send out rcmp/conservation boats to keep the areas clear? this one seems like a pretty simple solution to me....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I imagine its a case of people not knowing. And yes RCMP could block off the area, but nope just blame joe boater....

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We watched that play out on Moyie Lake one summer. They would blast horns on first pass and come scoop the second. Some of the freakin' boaters wanted thier photo ops so stayed out and close. It was disgusting.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We watched that play out on Moyie Lake one summer. They would blast horns on first pass and come scoop the second. Some of the freakin' boaters wanted thier photo ops so stayed out and close. It was disgusting.
They walk amongst us…..

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some dash cam footage of a trucker last night.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wouldn't they just send out rcmp/conservation boats to keep the areas clear? this one seems like a pretty simple solution to me....
not that easy though. Big lake and lots of different areas they pull water from on the Shu. Lots of stupid boaters though. Mostly vessel numbers beginning with AB doing the dumb stuff

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If they dont have man power to tell a guy dont go there. They dont have man power to take boats and drill holes in them either lmao

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of selfish boaters in the Shuswap with both AB and BC at the start of the registration numbers from my experience. Seems to get worse every year.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a huge lake. It seems pretty good to me. Some people always find something though

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
not that easy though. Big lake and lots of different areas they pull water from on the Shu. Lots of stupid boaters though. Mostly vessel numbers beginning with AB doing the dumb stuff
it’s a big lake but knowing it’s a big busy lake easy enough to section off one area and patrol for the water bombers. Based on location of fire that would already be pre planned as to where they are coming in. It always a planned set course to be efficient. Boaters need to be smart but it also require some organizing and planning when having planes swoop down on a busy lake. Just my .02

And love the blaming AB boaters like interior BC boaters are any better. And like 99% of the boats out there aren’t BC boats. Besides lake boaters are lake boaters no matter the province.

Top Bottom